Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

i'm really glad, since the ds3 was a huge pile of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
10 match losing streak in dota deux :fuckoff:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

corn in the bible posted:

how many loving banners did they buy

lol if you dont adblock goon banners

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Al! posted:

ok im wrong. wind waker is a terrible game. gently caress this forced stealth section in the SECOND loving ISLAND

when i got to that part my gf actually apologized for it lol. it wasn't that bad in the end but yea what the hell were they thinking

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
madworld is p fun

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

madworld is p fun

only reason i wanted a wii

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
arche age is the game that will likely kill Trion after Defiance bombed and Rift vanished from the radar

it was originally a gigantic SWG sperg-tier Korean sandbox but the Koreans didn't like that since it wasn't just endlessly grinding mobs and didn't have a cash shop, so they ripped out half the sandbox poo poo and added a cash shop

western autism is slightly different though so Trion is now trying to un-rip-out the sandbox stuff while maintaining the absolutely Pay2Win cashshop

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

diablo 3 console turned out indeed v good for couch coop, i have found out that the wife loves smashing skeletons with bare hands and has an unhealthy obsession with minmaxing
this game literally has fist of north star skill why did everyone hate it?
designers apparently were inspired by devil may cry or god of war because it even has health orbs and murderstreaks and challenge chests. a good thing imo
skill tree is fun but so far it has been more a matter of which flash do you like more than any kind of tactical crap

i dont get why I needed to kill leoric (and listen to his dumb CORRUPTION backstory) when he got his asse boned twenty years ago; dota was forced to namechange baller king for this? there is Butcher on some ads, will i need to listen how he fell from grace of being the best baker in the kingdom?

wish there was a non-fps sci-fi diablo clone, just melting hordes of robots with a raygun and visiting cliche planets. risk of rain owns but it is its own thing

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Sep 16, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

wish there was a non-fps sci-fi diablo clone, just melting hordes of robots with a raygun and visiting cliche planets. risk of rain owns but it is its own thing

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

is that the game that had to be pulled from shops etc because of some lawsuit?

i remember it being a bit crap

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

i dont get why I needed to kill leoric (and listen to his dumb CORRUPTION backstory) when he got his asse boned twenty years ago; dota was forced to namechange baller king for this? there is Butcher on some ads, will i need to listen how he fell from grace of being the best baker in the kingdom?

Lol the butcher is played for laughs (mostly intentionally)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

ok im wrong. wind waker is a terrible game. gently caress this forced stealth section in the SECOND loving ISLAND

that part is really easy though :psyduck:

tip: when you're outside, look up at the window with the seagulls. follow the searchlight back, that's the only one you need to disable to get to the top. when you attempt a climb, travel the island counter-clockwise. this makes the hardest stealth section much much shorter and easier.

e: also you never need to go to the lower parts of the island where it's just hallways with moblins, if you get down there just let yourself get caught

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Lol the butcher is played for laughs (mostly intentionally)

MEAT GOOD

VEGETABLE BAD

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
literally every single fantasy and sci-fi plot in the past 10 years

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
all this wind waker talk made me install dolphin with the high res textures pack and the 360 controller buttons hud, it looks very good

HOWEVER

there's stuttering (like less than a second) when it loads custom textures (when say, i do a 180'), is this a dolphin issue with custom textures?

it works great with the "stock" textures

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

i liked the crafting in it :shobon:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

smash 3ds sold a million copies in 2 days in japan. only half of what pokemon x/y did but still p. good

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

smash 3ds sold a million copies in 2 days in japan. only half of what pokemon x/y did but still p. good

not too shabby, does that include digital purchases? if supply was low i could see a lot of people getting the game that way

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
its a shame cause id totally impulse buy a 3ds and smash but it seems like a v bad time to buy one with the new one coming and all

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

univbee posted:

not too shabby, does that include digital purchases? if supply was low i could see a lot of people getting the game that way

it's self-reported by nintendo ("over 1 million copies"), so i'd assume they included digital sales. x/y did 1.8m physical copies on the first day according to media create numbers

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Olivil posted:

all this wind waker talk made me install dolphin with the high res textures pack and the 360 controller buttons hud, it looks very good

HOWEVER

there's stuttering (like less than a second) when it loads custom textures (when say, i do a 180'), is this a dolphin issue with custom textures?

it works great with the "stock" textures

probably

its a fan pack so its probably just buggy. if i had to guess because the textures are a larger file size the load times changes from insignificant to not-so-insignificant.

wind waker is good but i really don't get why its so hyped, it doesn't hold my attention very well at all. i think i just cleared that island where you get the song and i have a dragon boat, that was the last time i played it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

i still haven't decided whether i wanna get smash physically or digitally because a) i'm a hoarder and b) physical is cheaper

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh man i just saw that Kirby Super Stars is 200 coins on club nintendo.

(i just redeemed Kirby Super Stars on club nintendo)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i think that after years of putting unhealthy amounts of time into playing the various smash games i am done

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

i still haven't decided whether i wanna get smash physically or digitally because a) i'm a hoarder and b) physical is cheaper

i like my nintendo games like i like my men: physical

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Al! posted:

that said i still love those loving retarded losers who run the eve goonsquad because the stories they produce are fascinating.

goonsquad was fun on a bun

i should actually sell my account, i think my guy had battleship 5 and probably a few billion isk in assets around multiple systems

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

haveblue posted:

nah the negative reviews can be chalked up to the following:

-I expected an MMO and got Halo with loot and grinding (33%)
-I expected Halo with a few online gimmicks and got an MMO (33%)
-this is a AAA activision game with enormous hype so it must be bad (33%)
-I played the game and did not like it (1%)

hubris.height posted:

these people getting pissed are the same people last week retweeting gamersgate
how is games reacting? don't they have that thing where criticism of james is frowned upon
or did they make an exception in this case and instead positive comments are frowned upon
or am i just really behind on my greyforums lore

also

Al! posted:

whole lot of defend your purchasing going on itt

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Vintersorg posted:

playing video games you can at least look to your left and be grounded (something along those lines - i cant quite put the idea together)
just take the helmet off?

or they could put a camera on the front so you can alt+tab out or play spergmented reality james

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

i like my nintendo games like i like my men: physical

yea same, except for free promos and whatever. i just thought smash would be the kind of game you'd want to have installed but i'm p. sure i'll get it on cart

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

yea same, except for free promos and whatever. i just thought smash would be the kind of game you'd want to have installed but i'm p. sure i'll get it on cart

the only game i have installed is animal crossing and tbh i dont really "get" animal crossing so i dont play it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

and now well never know

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

perhaps it actually began life as a blizzard-style rts set during world war 2 but notch misspelled the name

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

and now well never know

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Space-Pope posted:

i cant wait for elminage gothic, then wasteland 2's official release

september turning out to be a good rpg month
don't forget shadowrun: returns: dragonfall: director's cut: standalone edition: the jame

i'm still sort of annoyed that with dead man's switch & dragonfall out of the way they hinted that they might keep making new campaigns but then instead just decided to take one of the existing ones and make it better. also that they chose the one that was already clearly better to just make it betterer. and the whole thing of making it a standalone jame i guess means fragmenting the modding scene or just killing off modding for the original, and then what happens if they do make more campaigns later, is the same thing going to happen again?

but yeah from the :iamafag:backer:razz: updates it still sounds like director's cut gon own, seems they're actually addressing some but not all of the things that i thought made it feel unfinished. plus apparently several new endings, hopefully it includes one where you can side with the badguy and sacrifice the flux state to murder all dragons :unsmigghh:.

and i'm about due for a second playthrough anyway; so far i've just played both shadowrun returns campaigns once each and both as a combo deckjanitor/pistolshooter so it would be nice to instead go physical adept and just punch mans all day. also it's good that it's free for people who already have dragonfall but otoh if they'd made a third campaign instead that might mean they'd have more money to then finance a fourth campaign :ohdear:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

perhaps it actually began life as a blizzard-style rts set during world war 2 but notch misspelled the name
a rts based on the battle of orgreave imo

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

got my friend a dreamcast for his birthday (we're both retro spergs) and after cleaning and testing everything i wanna keep it myself

guess i'm gonna buy a dreamcast soon

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Really really can't wait for Elminage. Like grid based dungeon crawlers too much.

And I really should not have access to my debit card before having a morning coffee. Saw that the new Shadowgate was on GOG for slightly cheaper than on steam, and got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I just went to check this and holy poo poo when did Gabriel Knight 1 get a remake? :stare:

EDIT oh, it's not out for another month.

• Locked thread