Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
My beef is just repetition. The Walter White joke still sucks, the Cantina bit sucks AND plane breaks sucked AND the Would You Rather theme sucks too.

("NEW NO NO!" did legit crack me up though.)

cams posted:

Andy Daly calling out Scott for complaining about people tweeting him is one of my favorite moments.

"What's the problem? Are you printing them out?"
Yeah, this was great. It made PFT laugh hard. (Also a reminder that PFT could work as a live studio audience and make every show funnier.)

Thanks for all the work putting in the links for those episodes too, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Plane breaks ruled and especially "bakin a plain cake"

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

VagueRant posted:

I've been very slowly making my way through these recommendations (from March 8th - so it'll be a while till I get to the I4H recs a few pages back!) Just finished ep 59 (the second-to-last one listed) and would definitely recommend it to any of you non-super-fans. That's the funniest Andy Daly has ever been to me. Less for the character, more for the witty banter. PFT As Himself is also good stuff.

If anyone likes PFT or Superego, they have to go listen to the episode with PFT and his "grandmas".

For the longest time I thought Superego and CBB had a contentious podcast rivalry because the only episode with Superego members was the one where Scott Aukermann wasn't present, and it seemed crazy that two podcasts about improvised characters wouldn't cross-pollinate. I'm a silly boy.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

VagueRant posted:

My beef is just repetition. The Walter White joke still sucks, the Cantina bit sucks AND plane breaks sucked AND the Would You Rather theme sucks too.

you suck

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

VagueRant don't listen to U Talkin U2 To Me? or your head will explode.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Someone linked a video of "Spider-Man, turn off the dark" earlier in the thread and it made me want to shoot myself and everyone.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

VagueRant posted:

Someone linked a video of "Spider-Man, turn off the dark" earlier in the thread and it made me want to shoot myself and everyone.

To be fair that video is collected from 3 or 4 different times they did that. It didn't really go on for 2 minutes, maybe just 30 to 40 seconds per instance.

JustTheWorst
Sep 14, 2008

Filled with delicious shrimp!

JethroMcB posted:

To be fair that video is collected from 3 or 4 different times they did that. It didn't really go on for 2 minutes, maybe just 30 to 40 seconds per instance.

The prisoner.... of Azkaban! bit, on the other hand...

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Periodiko posted:

For the longest time I thought Superego and CBB had a contentious podcast rivalry because the only episode with Superego members was the one where Scott Aukermann wasn't present, and it seemed crazy that two podcasts about improvised characters wouldn't cross-pollinate. I'm a silly boy.

I really hope we could get some more crossover. I'd love to get a Weird Al episode where Shunt McGuppin drops in.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

The Senator Giroux posted:

Plane breaks ruled and especially "bakin a plain cake"

I shall empty quote this post to show my appreciation.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Conduit for Sale! posted:

It's really rude of them to waste valuable podcast time on silliness. Think of the poignant yet ever so slightly humorous anecdote This American Life could have used that podcast time to tell. People worked hard in the podcast mines to bring them that podcast time. So inconsiderate.

This American Life would probably have a story about a guy who likes chemicals so much he might as well be Walter White.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I really hope R Shrift makes it to the TV show

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

He has been on Kroll Show a few times.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Eel be back.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
You guys all suck. For real.

The rock geologist guy is from Kroll show. Which is a take off on that Lorenzo Lamas show. So loving good.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

For some reason every other goddamn scene from Kroll Show is on youtube except that one. I guess that kills the joke if it's a supercut or whatever.

I should buy that boxset. I grew up in San Diego and I remember one time seeing them filming at the marina OMG ITS RENEGADE!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

You guys all suck. For real.

The rock geologist guy is from Kroll show. Which is a take off on that Lorenzo Lamas show. So loving good.

speaking of Lorenzo Lamas
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-eric-andre-show/wake-up-lorenzo

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013
I'm forty minutes into the new "U Talkin' U2 To Me?" and I didn't realize how much I missed this. Adam's note when Scott's goading him to do his Party Down catchphrase nearly killed me.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
This episode was kind of a dud until Gemberling showed up. The United 93 thing killed me.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I'm so excited for Gemberling. His first appearance as pastor Rhe Holner is one of my all time favorite episodes

edit: great ep, C+

Politicalrancor fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 15, 2014

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
John Gemberling is a total genius. The saga of his increasingly contentious defense of bestiality on Improv4Humans is still one of my favourite podcast-related things ever.

Engineer Sam on the Earwolf forums with some behind the scenes knowledge: "The laugh break that followed the United 93 joke was the longest I've seen in any podcast so far".

GraPar fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 15, 2014

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

GraPar posted:

John Gemberling is a total genius. The saga of his increasingly contentious defense of bestiality on Improv4Humans is still one of my favourite podcast-related things ever.

Engineer Sam on the Earwolf forums with some behind the scenes knowledge: "The laugh break that followed the United 93 joke was the longest I've seen in any podcast so far".

I had to pull my car over and just laugh for a bit

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Comedy Bang! Bang! The Podcast: Vaginder & Scrot

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
When Scott said Gemberling's upcoming character wasn't exactly a person "sentient sexbot" was about my third guess.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Next week's CBB is going to open with Scott giving a sincere apology to NatureBox for the worst throw to commercial in the show's history. I can hear it now: "NatureBox sponsors us, and we thank them for that, but they asked me to make it VERY clear that they do not condone...those things...John Gemberling said."

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

but thole

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

GraPar posted:

Gemberling is a genius, but the I4H beastiality thing was Jon Gabrus aka Geno.

Edit: I'm wrong!

Nemo fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 16, 2014

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Nemo posted:

Gemberling is a genius, but the I4H beastiality thing was Jon Gabrus aka Geno.

It was definitely Gemberling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJzoWRINNQ

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thoogsby posted:

This episode was kind of a dud until Gemberling showed up. The United 93 thing killed me.

when does he turn up? Because I seriously can't get through the lady doing a bad irish accent bit.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

drat, and I just relistened to that a few weeks ago.

Case closed.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

a pipe smoking dog posted:

when does he turn up? Because I seriously can't get through the lady doing a bad irish accent bit.

She sounds like my friends from Newfoundland.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
New No-No! When Netflix wants a comedy starring Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs, order two seasons, not one! Sorry.

(Most Comedy Bang Bang-y leads in a show ever)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Holy poo poo, Judd Apatow finally created a show that made it to the second season!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I really enjoyed Pamela Murphy in this episode. In particular, her rubbing it in Scott's dumb stupid face that everyone does, indeed, come from Ireland got me good.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
The back half of this bonus episode was really good.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Greggy posted:

The back half of this bonus episode was really good.
Front half underwhelmed. Joe is the nicest guest CBB has ever had, but his yes-and is so fast that there's no friction at all between him and Scott. A little "oh, yeah, I get it" is what Scott and PFT have and their dynamic is always conducive.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Golden Bee posted:

Front half underwhelmed. Joe is the nicest guest CBB has ever had, but his yes-and is so fast that there's no friction at all between him and Scott. A little "oh, yeah, I get it" is what Scott and PFT have and their dynamic is always conducive.

I agree but it's definitely worth going through the just-ok first half to get to the good second half, but I doubt it was ever bad enough for people to give up on it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The gays/gaze pun was so dumb but so worth it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

VagueRant posted:

...but seriously, we met under a bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Pamela Murphy is not funny. Every single Earwolf appearance I've heard her on has been loving horrible. I've had like four posts complaining about her in this thread because every time she's on the show it drags the episode down significantly.

Question: Which two guests/characters that have never shared an episode would you like to see (hear) together? I'll go with the obvious: Geno and Traci Reardon.

bowser fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 21, 2014