Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If you wan to get mad at idiots, listen to MLW with Disco and Ed Ferrara this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Observer Live needs Alex from Puerto Rico.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

If you wan to get mad at idiots, listen to MLW with Disco and Ed Ferrara this week.

Why would anyone do this. If you're gonna listen to this gently caress you!!!!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WRESTLING DOES NOT DRAW!!! CRASH TV DRAWS!!! NITRO INCREASED RATNGS AFTER RUSSO TOOK OVER!!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I thought it would be stories of WCW and not defending poo poo that failed while claiming it's everyone else who is wrong.

e: You can even concede their entire WCW argument. If it worked, why did TNA never grow?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Daniel Bryan posted:

WRESTLING DOES NOT DRAW!!! CRASH TV DRAWS!!! NITRO INCREASED RATNGS AFTER RUSSO TOOK OVER!!

I tried to do the math on this once. I got the average of every rating for the shows he ran and compared it to the last however many weeks he initially took over for.

His average ended up being up by like a few hundreths of a point.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I saw who it was and I couldn't hit the "Mark as Listened To" button fast enough.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't know if I'll be renewing my subscription to mlw. Cornette is the only one I like to listen to consistently.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

mariooncrack posted:

I don't know if I'll be renewing my subscription to mlw. Cornette is the only one I like to listen to consistently.

No Talking Shop, Hoot?

Speaking of which, the Good Brothers interviewed Cheerleader Melissa this week! http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/talkn-shop-11-cheerleader-melissa-part-1

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Holy poo poo those guys are delusional. The Wrestling Illuminati (McMahons, Meltzer, Jado & Gedo, etc) need to excommunicate these guys from ever writing for wrestling again and silence them from possibly poisoning the minds of the youth.

Jazz Hoyt
Nov 25, 2007

Amusing if only for the part where they talked about how they wanted to get the Natural Born Thrillers over by having them arrive at the arena in a limo, but because they were in England, production got them a double-decker bus.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jazz Hoyt posted:

Amusing if only for the part where they talked about how they wanted to get the Natural Born Thrillers over by having them arrive at the arena in a limo, but because they were in England, production got them a double-decker bus.
Impact was in Scotland this year. The announcers said a limo arrived. It was a van.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
This episode of the Punchsport Podcast is...certainly something. There's me, and MRT, and Awful Jack, and sunsweet, and Manflurry. And booze. And MRT screams at me about Roman Reigns.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

The Goog posted:

This episode of the Punchsport Podcast is...certainly something. There's me, and MRT, and Awful Jack, and sunsweet, and Manflurry. And booze. And MRT screams at me about Roman Reigns.

I'm gonna be up front: we pretty much just talked about Surge and how much we loving love it. Fun show thanks for having me!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave discusses the McGee/Hart match on today's podcast. First I've heard that WWE's apparently lost their copy.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
For Punch or Piss: If WWE wrestlers were Dragonball characters, who would be Yamcha?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cheerleader Melissa is loud.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Draga posted:

For Punch or Piss: If WWE wrestlers were Dragonball characters, who would be Yamcha?

Corporate Kane. Or Zack Ryder. Kofi maybe - he wins enough to look decent, loses enough to know he still ain't considered poo poo.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

No Talking Shop, Hoot?

Speaking of which, the Good Brothers interviewed Cheerleader Melissa this week! http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/talkn-shop-11-cheerleader-melissa-part-1

I've tried to listen to it a few times but it's just not for me.

I'll give it another try. The last one I listened to was with AJ Styles.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

coconono posted:

Cheerleader Melissa is loud.

Except when she burps.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Goog posted:

I think the Sheamus Cesaro midcard feud stopped because Sheamus got sick and couldn't wrestle for a couple weeks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roddy Piper chills with Gangrel on his podcast. Many laughs. You also learn the correct time to deploy a fire extinguisher on a person.

That MLW podcast with Ed Ferrara and Disco is hot garbage. Buncha sidelines sitting motherfuckers pretending to be relevant. Neither dude is active in pro wrestling or watching current product so its hilarious when they try to point out what the modern problems are.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Please dump all the dead weight and do your own Surgecast, MRT/Manflurry/Drunksweet.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Dave taunts us on the Magee/Hart tape. Give us the tape, Dave.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Austin and Kevin Nash discuss rear end wiping strategies on today's SAS.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Paul Heyman was talking about nostalgia and if he missed ECW with Steve austin. Does anyone know which show that was?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ChampRamp posted:

Dave taunts us on the Magee/Hart tape. Give us the tape, Dave.

If Bret ever does another DVD and chooses the matches, I bet Dave could persuade him to include Dave's VHS copy if it. The last Bret set had a YouTube-sourced Andre match from Italy that WWE lost the master of.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

If Bret ever does another DVD and chooses the matches, I bet Dave could persuade him to include Dave's VHS copy if it. The last Bret set had a YouTube-sourced Andre match from Italy that WWE lost the master of.

Bret has a copy of the tape and doesn't want anyone to see it.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Maybe we'll get it when Bret dies, then.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Please dump all the dead weight and do your own Surgecast, MRT/Manflurry/Drunksweet.

As I learned from my conversation over IM with Sun during the recording of that podcast, that would be her hell.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I Before E posted:

As I learned from my conversation over IM with Sun during the recording of that podcast, that would be her hell.

There's one point when she says something like "Manflurry....Manflurry....what about Jack Swagger" that had me dying.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

There's one point when she says something like "Manflurry....Manflurry....what about Jack Swagger" that had me dying.

During the hair conversation?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I Before E posted:

During the hair conversation?

Yeah I think so. I almost fell off the treadmill.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChampRamp posted:

Bret has a copy of the tape and doesn't want anyone to see it.

I find that hard to believe since Meltzer only saw the tape after he became friends with Bret.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I find that hard to believe since Meltzer only saw the tape after he became friends with Bret.

Maybe he meant released to the public, but I'm going off of Dave's word on this one. I can't remember if it was on an audio show or the board, but I do recall the remark because I was very disappointed.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Why does Bret care whether or not anyone sees the Magee match?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Require More Fire posted:

Yeah, that surprises me given that Bret's work In the match is universally praised and he takes obvious pride in his reputation as a technical wrestling master during his prime.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Require More Fire posted:

Just one more way to troll people. The man is retired, has to keep busy somehow.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Did I just listen to an hour of Kevin Nash and Steve Austin talking about farts and Kevin's rear end hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm glad that WWE chose that episode to promote directly on RAW

• Locked thread