Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I really hope those wrack vehicles are the result of an upgrade sprue or re-cuts, and not kits in and of themselves.

I'm betting they'll be spare parts in the new wrack box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I really hope those wrack vehicles are the result of an upgrade sprue or re-cuts, and not kits in and of themselves.

Those look like normal Raider and Venom kits with spare bits and the new kits in place of the pilots and gunners.

I guess it's time to paint up my fleet of Raiders!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Safety Factor posted:

I'm betting they'll be spare parts in the new wrack box.

I hadn't thought of that, but it seems the most likely. Quite glad I've got a couple of spare Raider hulls stored away now.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
All things considered, there is no guarantee. I would wager that the figures are included in the Raider/Venom kits just like Wych models are included (why would they put "X model hanging off of a Venom" in any kit other than a Venom?).

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Because it would mean either a re-cut of the sprues or putting an extra sprue into every box. Adding them as extras in a Wrack box seems easier. I would guess that because of the apparent complexity of those Wracks there wont be a lot of room for customising them from the sprue, so possibly more space on the sprue for crewmen.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They're in the Wrack box. It comes with the bits for it, but you need to sacrifice a Wrack body for the gunner.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SRM posted:

New Dark Eldar stuff looks neato:

I want those Wrack heads for cultists. Also guessing "It came from the void" is in reference to the Voidraven Bomber.

One of those might be a picture of a new gun. I really like that plastic haemon. I think (and hope) you're right about "it came from the void."

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Because it would mean either a re-cut of the sprues or putting an extra sprue into every box.

This could "justify" the inevitable price hike.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

PeterWeller posted:

One of those might be a picture of a new gun. I really like that plastic haemon. I think (and hope) you're right about "it came from the void."

If I remember correctly Jes indicated that the Voidraven design was done and ready for a release slot way back at the design studio open day a couple of years ago. That seminar with him and Phil Kelly took Dark Eldar from something I wasn't that interested in and made then my favourite faction.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

If I remember correctly Jes indicated that the Voidraven design was done and ready for a release slot way back at the design studio open day a couple of years ago. That seminar with him and Phil Kelly took Dark Eldar from something I wasn't that interested in and made then my favourite faction.

I remember hearing they had trouble getting the big crystal canopy right and that delayed it.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Pretty sure there's an image floating around on the internet of the latest White Dwarf's kitbash article where they make those Wrack-themed Raiders/ Venoms.

Edit:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Cheers. I'm all a-quiver. This will be the first release in a long time, maybe even this year, that I buy the models straight away.

I really hope the Archon's court get new models and a more flexible set of rules.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hahaha, Ghost Hand, I loved hearing your daughter call you out about ruining cups around the house :)

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
As much as I hate to interrupt DEldar chat (my poor wallet), I have a Space a Wolves list for Zone Mortalis I'd appreciate critiques/tips on.

Wolf Guard Battle Leader: bolt pistol; frost sword; Thunderwolf mount 120

5 Grey Hunters: 5× close combat weapon; Wolf Guard Pack Leader (combi-melta; chainsword) 100
5 Grey Hunters: 5× close combat weapon; Wolf Guard Pack Leader (combi-melta; chainsword) 100

Lone Wolf: bolt pistol; frost sword 40
Lone Wolf: bolt pistol; frost sword 40
Murderfang 135

2 Thunderwolf Cavalry: 2× frost sword; 2× storm shield; + 1 Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader (power fist; storm shield) 230
2 Thunderwolf Cavalry: 2× frost sword; 2× storm shield; + 1 Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader (power fist; storm shield) 230

995 points

I did this thing where I ordered 6x4 worth of ZM boards so I'll be trying to play that for a while. My plan is basically to get in my opponent's face and with a quickness. While I'm not worried about being hyper competitive, I don't want to get rolled over, either.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what are the odds the Circus of Pain or whatever is the DE supplement codex?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The Supplement's title will probably have something to do with the Cabal of the Black Heart, judging by the other two 7th Supplements.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hustlin Floh posted:

So what are the odds the Circus of Pain or whatever is the DE supplement codex?

Close to zero, that looks like a minigame you can play using the WD.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hencoe posted:

Close to zero, that looks like a minigame you can play using the WD.

Well I meant whatever Rakarth's specific coven is named.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The Supplement's title will probably have something to do with the Cabal of the Black Heart, judging by the other two 7th Supplements.

I know it's not quite 7th, but the Storm Trooper supplement was a lot like what I'm thinking- taking a few units and fleshing them out into an alternate army.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
So are there special rules for grabbing that Dark Eldar dude by the hair? Because there need to be.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Sir Teabag posted:

The thing I really liked about the 5th ed DE book was how you could form three different types of conceptually different armies. Two of which being glass cannons: long range kabalite glass cannon, and short range wyche glass cannon. And then a third, rarely seen slightly tougher mid-range army.

Hopefully the new 'dex makes all three and the combination of those three viable. I'd love to see some diverse Dark Eldar armies. A monochrome rainbow coalition of depraved space elves would be hella cool.

Be prepared for the traditional "Hate, Love, Love-Hate, Hate-Love" discussion once the codex drops. It will be the same discussion we have had with about every codex out there. It's all about where it ends up at the finish.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ghost Hand posted:

Be prepared for the traditional "Hate, Love, Love-Hate, Hate-Love" discussion once the codex drops. It will be the same discussion we have had with about every codex out there. It's all about where it ends up at the finish.
I'm imagining that most DE builds will remain the same, since the name of the game with most of these new codices has been maintaining the status quo and not changing much aside from a few points values.

I think the one codex where people weren't being all love-hate-love was the new Space Marine codex. I think that's probably the best codex GW has written post-2nd edition.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

SRM posted:

I'm imagining that most DE builds will remain the same, since the name of the game with most of these new codices has been maintaining the status quo and not changing much aside from a few points values.

I think the one codex where people weren't being all love-hate-love was the new Space Marine codex. I think that's probably the best codex GW has written post-2nd edition.

I don't know if I was paying attention at the time: how was the Eldar codex received?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Wave Serpents were far too expensive and Wraithknights are useless.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope GW gives Mandrakes new rules that don't suck, because they have cool models.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
My old tyranid color scheme was emerald green carapice with white flesh. Earlier this year I changed that to a carapice that was black with the emerald dry brushed on, with bone flesh. I've finished repainting all of my monstrous creatures and 40mm base models to the new scheme, but I have over 180 gaunts of both types and 50 gargoyles still in the old scheme.

I want the army to be cohesive, but God drat I do not want to redo all those models.

Master Twig fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 17, 2014

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

I hope GW gives Mandrakes new rules that don't suck, because they have cool models.
If they basically had Invisibility, that would be pretty nifty and fit with their fluff. Infiltrate them, and your opponent has one or two turns of Snap Firing before they hit the lines. No idea if that would make them competitive, but it would certainly make them an alright unit to take - as opposed to the depressing things they are now.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Overwatch would eat them alive, but don't they get buffs and poo poo from taking damage? I haven't read their rules in like 4 years

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

the space marine codex is legit the last really good codex they have written.

Its weird how theres less complaints when they put a load of time, effort and content into a product huh

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

Overwatch would eat them alive, but don't they get buffs and poo poo from taking damage? I haven't read their rules in like 4 years

They get to use their shooting attack after they get a pain token, which they get by destroying a unit, which they aren't very good at without the shooting attack.

Give them a pain token to start out and you fix their biggest flaw.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I think we're at the point of the edition life span where we see the first creep resulting in a strong codex or two. Would be awesome if Dark Eldar get lucky, as its great to play against more Xenos.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Moola posted:

the space marine codex is legit the last really good codex they have written.

Its weird how theres less complaints when they put a load of time, effort and content into a product huh

There was still plenty of bitching about Templars getting rolled in, certain chapter tactics being OP or UP, the centurion models being rubbish, the new tanks being rubbish because they didn't get interceptor and how folks' ultramarines counts-as Vulkan was now invalid.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I still think the Templars change was the best thing they could have done, and should have extended it to include Dark Angels.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm honestly surprised they never released dataslates for chapters like the Templars.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BULBASAUR posted:

I think we're at the point of the edition life span where we see the first creep resulting in a strong codex or two. Would be awesome if Dark Eldar get lucky, as its great to play against more Xenos.

But the new edition is like two months old...

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Aren't the editions starting to accelerate, though? You have to scale for that.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I just hope that there are more new models for all the stuff that's still old-school plastic in my DE army, and the inevitable dataslates that come out have some good formations like the Skyblight Swarm and Endless Swarm for Tyranids. At this point I think most players accept that there will be some units like Marbo, etc., that just disappear, and I'm not expecting DE to be uber-strong because of power creep, but if they have some power builds via the dataslates that's acceptable to me.

I'm not very familiar with all the armies but from the chatter in this thread it seems that most players that still play are OK with the power levels of the game now, and the speed of releases. I think GW's done a decent job tightening things up, even if the game is still pretty random - that's just the flavor of the game I guess.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Cataphract posted:

There was still plenty of bitching about Templars getting rolled in, certain chapter tactics being OP or UP, the centurion models being rubbish, the new tanks being rubbish because they didn't get interceptor and how folks' ultramarines counts-as Vulkan was now invalid.

Yeah, the SM codex had its share of complaints. And calling it the last good codex is silly because the three 7E codices are all solid, characterful books.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

LingcodKilla posted:

But the new edition is like two months old...

For sure, but with the sped up release schedule we've already had the first army releases out of the way. Those tend to be mediocre or bad. Its about right now that we get the first real rear end clenching codex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Do people actually think that after DE, BA, Necrons and whatever else that hasn't had a new codex in the last few years, they'll jump right into releasing CSM, DA, Daemons, Eldar, etc.? Because that's, like, late next year at this rate for a new CSM codex. I had the feeling that the last several codex releases, from at least Tyranids and maybe a couple before that, were written with 7th in mind, what with dataslates and other stuff coming out for them.

• Locked thread