Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will play all of FFXIII on my PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I am playing the Curtain Call demo and drat do I love having button mode as an option.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Schwartzcough posted:

Ohh, it's available on the "Playstaion 3".

Hahaha.

Think they'll announce a Dargon Quest VIII port for it anytime soon?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

I will play all of FFXIII on my PC.

You can skip 13-2 and nobody will know or care.

Still a neat announcement. I don't see a whole lot of reason to buy them again if you already own them, though.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

chumbler posted:

I will know, and I will care.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

I don't see a whole lot of reason to buy them again if you already own them, though.

Like I said, the only one I'd see really benefiting from it is LR which really does run kinda lovely. If the PC port is even slightly good I'd probably give it a shot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Still a neat announcement. I don't see a whole lot of reason to buy them again if you already own them, though.

Fronz will and he will never let me forget.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Hunh. Yeah, I was waiting for LR to get cheaper before I bought it, but if it comes out soon it might happen pretty quickly because Thanksgiving and Christmas Steam sales :getin:.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

chumbler posted:

Wonder if they will come with their dlcs.

Also you get to face off against Gilgamesh at some point I heard, game is automatically good :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean I've played all of them already, but I like them enough to play them again on my PC. The only one I don't think is really any fun overall is probably 13-2 and even that has some fun stuff in it.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If you intentionally do a low-level run (i.e., still fight but don't level up unless you feel you have to) it's really fun. Fixes the problems with balance.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Type-0 HD will include a voucher for a demo of Final Fantasy XV

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Guys FFXV exists we SWEAR.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Well the source disappeared so maybe not.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The GIG posted:

Well the source disappeared so maybe not.

That's disappointing :(

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Guys FFXV exists we SWEAR.

Well we know a demo exists no? Didn't they show off some gameplay with that giant behemoth fight and switching in the various characters?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

It wasn't even all that long ago that I played 13 and 13-2 (still need to get through LR, still) and I'd play through them again on steam without hesitation.

I'm part of the problem. :suicide:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ibram Gaunt posted:

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/FF13_Portal/

Sorry if this was posted already, on phone.

So I can't read Japanese...is this actually announcing a release of the three XIII games on Steam?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Coming soon to your 3DS.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is that FF1, with remade sprites, but different sprites from the other remade sprites?
WHy

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Instead of final fantasy 1, what we really want is a full remake of final fantasy 5 in full 3D, for the aptly named 3DS. Who actually likes the first game anyway.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Final Fantasy is cool

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Brah gently caress you fronz, I love FF1 as much as you love FF13 :colbert:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Neat, they found new places to port old Final Fantasy games again.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That's a preorder bonus for FF Explorers, by the way.

They also announced a free prologue download for Explorers that will contain the beginning of the game, including online multiplayer.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B45_HXvEafM

Also here's a gameplay video of the mini multiplayer online rpg Final Fantasy Explorers. It looks pretty janky, but I guess that happens when you push the 3DS too hard.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am excited for the demo of Final Fantasy XV that will come with Type-0 HD that me and all of my Final Fantasy thread friends can enjoy.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That's a preorder bonus for FF Explorers, by the way.

They also announced a free prologue download for Explorers that will contain the beginning of the game, including online multiplayer.

I want that drat game.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

chumbler posted:

But 13-2 is fun and to the surprise of no-one but the main characters Serah dies at the end which is perfect.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I wasn't much of a fan of FF XIII but unless it's a terrible port I'll probably end up picking that trilogy up. Maybe following Square's example, other Japanese companies will also realize what kind of suckers Steam users are and how quickly we're going to shove our money at shiny things, especially shiny things in bundles.

Also two more days for Curtain Call :argh:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

PRAISE BE TO YEVON, THE LEGENDS WERE TRUE!

I've always had faith, SE. Everything is forgiven don't screw this up.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Beef Waifu posted:

that me and all of my Final Fantasy thread friends can enjoy.

Makin a lot of assumptions, Beef Waifu.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

I am excited for the demo of Final Fantasy XV that will come with Type-0 HD that me and all of my Final Fantasy thread friends can enjoy.

Same.

Pulled a big 180 on my opinion of Curtain Call. Unless I'm mistaken and there is ultimately more than one EMS per game, these developers hosed up bigtime by not including What Can I Do For You. I'm so angry

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

fronz posted:

Next is the full remake and rerelease of FF9 for the personal computer.

I... I can't tell if you are joking, but I hope you are not. :ohdear:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I've a question about Theatrhytm, or however you spell it (the second one, although I suppose the answer would be the same for the first one): are the music track at all arranged, or are they the original, OST versions?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Ronnie posted:

I... I can't tell if you are joking, but I hope you are not. :ohdear:

it will never happen. this get's brought up from time to time for no reason.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Szurumbur posted:

I've a question about Theatrhytm, or however you spell it (the second one, although I suppose the answer would be the same for the first one): are the music track at all arranged, or are they the original, OST versions?

The vast majority are the original tunes from the original games, I think there are maybe one or two tunes that are taken from later re-releases for no real reason.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Attitude Indicator posted:

it will never happen. this get's brought up from time to time for no reason.

Hope. Hope is the reason.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I'll pick up 13 when it comes on Steam because I've never played it before. I've played and beaten several legitimately horrible games before; I'm sure I can survive 13 and the 13 trilogy with no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hope. Hope is the reason.

Moms Remakes are tough.