Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I really liked the feel of Old Republic as it felt like WoW Star Wars edition in gameplay and the fully voiced quest delivery was pretty well done. What I didn't like was being reminded on pretty much every single screen that I could have SO MUCH MORE if I was a subscriber. On the inventory screen, on the skill screen, on the banking screen, on the crafting screen, everywhere. When you complete a quest there's even a second quest reward with the Cartel Coin symbol over top of it letting you know subscribers get TWO quest rewards! I have no problem with the f2p model for games but holy poo poo don't show me a little nag every time I open a UI element.

I'm also going to agree with Ragequit on Guild Wars 2. I bought it when it came out and have played it for a couple of weeks at a time every few months since then. I like that you can pick it up again with no hassle and also not get tha weird MMO sunk cost mentality going on where you have to "get your money's worth". This year they've released some huge quality of life updates to the interface and the systems as well as implementing "megaservers" to combine servers which makes every city look like launch day with how many people are running around.

e: The policy of letting slapfights play themselves out and the shitposters will gently caress off back to their various corners is working really well. :rolleyes:

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I hope, Elminage gets proofread. Elminage Original on PSP was initially so bad it had a patch half the size of the game.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Really impressive stuff. Can we change the forum name to r/games now?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh, they did away with not being able to run or have more than X number of hotbars if you didn't pay money, then?

That stuff was changed early on after people complained. The runspeed thing was also just something that hit free players, Premium players never had to deal with it.

Again, the game is not fun/totally hosed if you try F2P 100%, but if you are Premium ( and 90% of people are, everyone bought that game ) you'll have no problems. If you didn't, just buy the $5 CE stuff off their site, and get a free speeder/Premium perks for it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

FadedReality posted:

I'm also going to agree with Ragequit on Guild Wars 2. I bought it when it came out and have played it for a couple of weeks at a time every few months since then. I like that you can pick it up again with no hassle and also not get tha weird MMO sunk cost mentality going on where you have to "get your money's worth". This year they've released some huge quality of life updates to the interface and the systems as well as implementing "megaservers" to combine servers which makes every city look like launch day with how many people are running around.

I think the other big thing is the equipment. You can get a max powered sword fairly quickly. It's the unique skins/backpacks/whatever that take some time to acquire. As long as you can play halfway decent you can jump in to just about any content. It's a pretty fun system.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

ymgve posted:

drat, that's quite impressive, it even has better resolution than the Doom GBA port.

The GBA was a really neat little system. I wish someone did a cool breakdown of it and how awesome it was because I'd read it.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

This is my favorite posting gimmick.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Final Fantasy IV is out today for those who care.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312750/

I didn't realize it was gonna be here so quickly.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Mung Dynasty posted:

Final Fantasy IV is out today for those who care.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312750/

I didn't realize it was gonna be here so quickly.
They even went as far as to region lock the activation.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

They even went as far as to region lock the activation.

Probably to stop Japanese from cross buying.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

*nasal laugh*

Evoland 4.99
Ethan: Meteor Hunter 1.99
Finding Teddy 1.74
Blocks That Matter 2.49
Mechanic Escape 1.49
Kill The Bad Guy 7.49
NaissanceE 9.99
Fly'N 2.49
Tetrobot and Co. 4.99
Type:Rider 3.49
Long Night 3.74
QuestRun 2.69
Jamsouls 2.79
Strike Vector 5.99
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe 3.39

God drat I wish NaissanceE would get cheaper.

Too Shy Guy fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 17, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Humble Store sale today

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $4.99
Metro 2033 - $2.99
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $3.99
Tower of Guns - $3.74
Luftrausers - $4.99
Eldritch - $2.99
The Inner World - $2.99
Giana Sisters Twisted Bundle - $3.59
Volgarr the Viking - $3.99
Jurassic Park the Game - $7.49
Anomaly 2 - $2.99
Metal Dead - $0.99

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

buy volgarr

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Probably to stop Japanese from cross buying.
Worse. To stop the Russians from trading.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

Worse. To stop the Russians from trading.
This is the lamest Die Hard movie yet

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Is Jurassic Park worth a shake at that price?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Sadly, no.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I didn't even notice they've already added extra games to the last Humble Bundle. Kinda expected them to blow our minds, but most of them are kinda okay? I think this is the 4th copy of Monaco I'm giving away.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Also, the Western Armies standalone expansion for Company of Heroes 2 is also on sale over at the Humble Store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/companyofheroes2_twfa_storefront

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Controller chat: Does the Xbone controller show up like a 360 controller on older games? I want to pick up some more controllers for sweet local multi, but have had trouble with button mapping and display prompts being weird when I went the mix and match route before. Or would I be better off just grabbing more 360 controllers?

And are they still ever going to put out the steam controller?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Everybody who hasn't yet - get Fly'N. It's an amazing underrated platformer with gorgeous graphics/animation up there on the level of Rayman Legends.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I don't know why old telltale games are so expensive on sale on pc. they were a buck each on a psn sale awhile back

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mr. Flunchy posted:

If there was a way to remove the QTE's for things like walking down a road then maybe. I'd call it a better than average adventure game and certainly a better piece of Jurassic Park media than JP2 and 3 but QTE's for everything just drag everything down.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loving love FreakFuta

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Is there a steam skin that shows you the install size for installed games?

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

How the gently caress do you make the blimp spawn in Luftraussers? It's maddening, I've tried surviving a long time, I've tried high scores, nothing seems to work.

edit: I feel like this game would be waaaaay more fun if you didn't have to deal with the boats
I've been trying too with no luck. People online ate saying you have to destroy two battleships in the same game but nobody seems to know the exact trigger. And yeah, boats are annoying. I always rock the underwater engine.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Rhaegar posted:

Is there a steam skin that shows you the install size for installed games?

You can sort by install size in the list library view of the default skin.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Stan Taylor posted:

Controller chat: Does the Xbone controller show up like a 360 controller on older games? I want to pick up some more controllers for sweet local multi, but have had trouble with button mapping and display prompts being weird when I went the mix and match route before. Or would I be better off just grabbing more 360 controllers?

And are they still ever going to put out the steam controller?

Xbone controller: Unless I missed something the Bone only works in wired mode, might as well just get a 360 controller. If you want wireless, only 360 controller with dongle works anyway. As far as I know game support should be identical.

Steam con: As of last I saw they've violated the core design principles so at this point it's just a 360 controller anyway.

Tldr: Just get a 360 controller.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This sale banner got leaked by the Steam registry a couple hours early.

It also leaked a banner for a "Talk Like A Pirate Day" sale for this Friday, which will likely involve Monkey Island games.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Sudden, massive urge to play Legend of Grimrock after having it sat on my list since it first came out. Is it possible to gimp yourself with early class choices, or can the game be completed with anything that's weird? First time in this genre, so.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

I listened to the people who said to get a PS4 controller and they were 100% correct.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

The Kins posted:

This sale banner got leaked by the Steam registry a couple hours early.

It also leaked a banner for a "Talk Like A Pirate Day" sale for this Friday, which will likely involve Monkey Island games.

Are there any notable pirate games on Steam besides those?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Are there any notable pirate games on Steam besides those?

The Risen games? I guess.

e: rear end Creed 4.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

The Risen games? I guess.

e: rear end Creed 4.

Sid Meier's Pirates

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

There are tons of pirate games from every genre on Steam which is what the sale will be about.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

Sudden, massive urge to play Legend of Grimrock after having it sat on my list since it first came out. Is it possible to gimp yourself with early class choices, or can the game be completed with anything that's weird? First time in this genre, so.

You can gimp yourself, but it's pretty hard to make the game unwinnable. If you just go with a party that makes reasonable sense you should be okay in general. Don't waste skillpoints on weapon/armor/magic skills you won't use, obviously.

Just keep in mind that magic users are very heavy on the micro. Two mages in a party is great but you're going to be clicking like a madman constantly if you go that route. It's fun if you like that kind of thing.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Palpek posted:

There are tons of pirate games from every genre on Steam which is what the sale will be about.

There's no pirate MOBAs :colbert:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

There's no pirate MOBAs :colbert:
???

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Jonathan Yeah! posted: