Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

warheadr posted:

If you're bored at work and want a pretty cool read, Fox Sports just published an oral history of the greatest college team ever assembled, the 2001 Miami Hurricanes

Some egregious errors in this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

The Bobby Bowden Memorial running of stadium steps.

Haha.

Maybe Bobby will write a letter on his behalf to the parole board in a few years.

The ciiiiircle of liiiiiiiiife.....

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Heaf posted:

This would require players 1)be good enough to play two sports at a high level and 2)be able to fill spots on those teams, which tend to have less scholarships than football

If somebody is a member of the football team and any other sport their scholarship counts for football. Same for basketball. Not sure where the scholarship comes from for somebody who does both of those two sports. I'm pretty sure that is to prevent schools from stashing guys on the track team as a loophole to get extra football scholarships.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Haha.

Maybe Bobby will write a letter on his behalf to the parole board in a few years.

The ciiiiircle of liiiiiiiiife.....

Bobby will dress up as a Southern Colonel and act as his lawyer.

"Now I may just be a simple football coach..."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

Texas and Michigan just agreed to a home and home series, I think 2024 and 2027.

I can only assume by then that both teams will have built themselves back up, won national titles, and gone completely to poo poo all over again.

every
Apr 24, 2008

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I'm guessing you don't know a lot of doctors.

And it's only my opinion/prediction about LSU. I see offensive innovation at Auburn and A&M and suspect that they will improve defensively over time whereas LSU never seems to have a great offense, QB, etc. A&M is in a great recruiting position as the only Texan SEC team and I suspect that they will begin to put together an elite defense if they continue to win. And being gutted continually by the NFL is part of having talented players.

Not that I want any of this to happen, mind you. I would love if LSU remained on top and Arkansas continued to still somehow find ways to beat them. I actually like LSU more than another other of the SEC West teams.

As far as recruiting goes, 2014 is pretty widely regarded by LSU fans as Les Mile's best class recruiting class ever. This year's offense is naturally going to take a step backwards from the 2013 offense because that was possibly the best LSU offense ever and we had to replace a load of talent. Even then, while our offense has taken a while to gain momentum in our first few games, the WRs are enormously talented and while young, Jennings looks to be much better than the hot mess that was the Jefferson/Lee tandem.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

This really is the best thing.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Scarf posted:

I just now noticed in the last panel he's looking right at us

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I miss Spurrier. :smith:

I prefer a smartass, evil genius to a raving psychotic.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Scarf posted:

I hope Thujone having a kid isn't going to really cut into his MS Painting. His Muschamp is sublime.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

kills me every time

also, for future reference to anyone who ever has to take ciprofloxacin: holy poo poo the dreams. the loving dreams. buckle the gently caress up

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

That's the typical orifice used in intercourse, Jameis. Good job. :thumbsup:

What level of self-awareness do the dumber "student athletes" possess? Some of them seem to be two or three standard deviations down on the IQ chart. It has to be similar to the cloudy and undeveloped, early childhood sense of awareness that we clever Goons once had. Or Will Muschamp's on game days.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

What level of self-awareness do the dumber "student athletes" possess? Some of them seem to be two or three standard deviations down on the IQ chart. It has to be similar to the cloudy and undeveloped, early childhood sense of awareness that we clever Goons once had. Or Will Muschamp's on game days.

honestly a lot of it is probably just that some people actually care about/pay attention to the stupid poo poo that they do

most college students do not behave like paragons of maturity and good sense

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Another MACtion-less Wednesday. This is bullshit.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

wheez the roux posted:

also, for future reference to anyone who ever has to take ciprofloxacin: holy poo poo the dreams. the loving dreams. buckle the gently caress up

So I take it that it wasn't a sack of alien babies in your stomach?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoguh posted:

Another MACtion-less Wednesday. This is bullshit.

That won't start until like week 11 :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I just looked up what Jameis Winston said.

L O loving L.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Scarf posted:

That won't start until like week 11 :(

nooooooo

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Vegas dropped the line for FSU v Clemson from -20 ---> -17.

One half of Jameis subtracts a field goal, I guess

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

wheez the roux posted:

Prostatitis?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Vegas dropped the line for FSU v Clemson from -20 ---> -17.

One half of Jameis subtracts a field goal, I guess

I thought someone said they dropped the odds on the game altogether...

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I just went to check out what Thursday night's game is going to be. Holy poo poo, it's a good one (relatively speaking).

LGD posted:

A fair point. I'm also disinclined to oppose the viewpoint of someone with an Ethereal as their avatar. I'm not sure why.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Clemson winning would be cool.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Smug dabo is pretty funny

edit: vvv I mean after he wins games.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 18, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Smug dabo is pretty funny

:confused: This is the only thing I've seen him say today regarding FSU:

"The plan doesn't change for us; we have to play a great game. We're going to try to play a great four-quarter game; that's the bottom line. They're a bigger program than one player. We may be the most battle-tested team in the country after three games; and that's a good thing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPE7Tivzyo

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

LGD posted:

honestly a lot of it is probably just that some people actually care about/pay attention to the stupid poo poo that they do

While very true, I also didn't see most college students yelling, "gently caress her right in the pussy" in the middle of the student union.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Scarf posted:

"We may be the most battle-tested team in the country after three games; and that's a good thing"

Spurrier may make a Spurrdawg quote on this.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Scarf posted:

:confused: This is the only thing I've seen him say today regarding FSU:

"The plan doesn't change for us; we have to play a great game. We're going to try to play a great four-quarter game; that's the bottom line. They're a bigger program than one player. We may be the most battle-tested team in the country after three games; and that's a good thing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPPE7Tivzyo

I forgot what he actually looked like. I always envision that pic with the disabled kid

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
According to Charlie Strong, David Ash's career is over due to concussions, bitch.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

According to Charlie Strong, David Ash's career is over due to concussions, bitch.

@LonghornNetwork: Charlie Strong announces that David Ash has decided to give up football.

welp that sucks

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

You don't want to react to news of a career being over by thinking 'good.' But holy poo poo...good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tetrix posted:

@LonghornNetwork: Charlie Strong announces that David Ash has decided to give up football.

welp that sucks

At this point it sucks a lot less than the alternative.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Spintzel posted:

I forgot what he actually looked like. I always envision that pic with the disabled kid

Never miss an opportunity

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Also, it sucks to hear that about David Ash-Bitch but it's better for him in the long term. Last year one of Houston's quarterbacks had to retire after a bad concussion, but fortunately he didn't try to come back and play first - he just walked away.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wanvig posted:

Never miss an opportunity

I've seen this 1,000 times and laugh just as hard every single time.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

D.N. Nation posted:

I hope Thujone having a kid isn't going to really cut into his MS Painting. His Muschamp is sublime.

oh my god

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I've seen this 1,000 times and laugh just as hard every single time.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Confirmed RIP David Ash

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...mming-national3

Smart move to walk away before brain fluid oozes out of your ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Bummed to hear about Ash on some levels, but I've also hoped he would retire after the last concussion. Playing anymore just isn't worth it.

• Locked thread