Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
If anyone is going to be in BR this weekend & wants to watch the game, I've got an extra ticket and a company tailgate with food/beer/liquor.

PM me or email at rcarr@vaporpoint.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

contrast CT has them saying colitis but they are far from sure about causes or anything else right now so its basically biweekly appointments to keep an eye on it

my arm look like a dishrag after all those IVs

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Really glad to hear we don't have to watch David Ash do further irreparable harm to his brain. It's a tragedy that it came to this point, but it would have been an atrocity to put him in harm's way again.

I will go to my grave thinking he was severely underrated, and horribly underappreciated by this fanbase. I desperately hope that everything turns out well for him.

Isn't it time we had a :bevosmith: or something like that?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I like to think that if a Shipley gets hurt, his McCoy has to take him out behind the barn and well you know.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

I hope Thujone having a kid isn't going to really cut into his MS Painting. His Muschamp is sublime.

It's really amazing how accurate it is, right down to the crosseyed gator

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wanvig posted:

How is it possible that more than one person saw that and said yes let's expose this to hundreds of thousands.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

D.N. Nation posted:

I hope Thujone having a kid isn't going to really cut into his MS Painting. His Muschamp is sublime.

I would religiously follow a poorly drawn webcomic that was about Muschamp.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

D.N. Nation posted:

With all respect to our wonderful TFF fan artists, THujone is my favorite. Largely because he does CFB instead of NFL but also because he is a master of his medium. Plus he's probably responsible for every dick-based joke that made me laugh in years.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn FS Jermaine Whitehead did not make the trip to Manhattan, reportedly after a "verbal altercation" with a coach. This is pretty bad; Whitehead was a leader in the secondary with 2 INTs on the year. A freshman is listed behind him but more likely one of the boundary safeties, starter Rudy Ford or backup Derrick Moncrief, move over. Lack of depth there could pose a huge problem late in the game for a team already vulnerable to big plays. I DO NOT LIKE THIS.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wanvig posted:

Who is the sick gently caress we need to bring some war crimes charges on?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress that picture and gently caress John Brantley.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

nah he's cool by me

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

x ∞^(∞!)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Ragin' Cajun luncheon looks like quite the party.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

How is it possible that more than one person saw that and said yes let's expose this to hundreds of thousands.

Sometimes the important person gets exactly what they asked for, but then they can't be wrong and admit their idea was terrible.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Killin' a few brain cells tonight in honor of David Ash.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I hope Texas fans thank David Ash for the memories (because he's not getting them back).

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Frackie Robinson posted:

I hope Texas fans thank David Ash for the memories (because he's not getting them back).

He can honestly say he left it all on the field.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

Wanvig posted:

My personal favorite Muschamp moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exhIpKFsHRk

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Someone posted a picture of a busted up whiteboard during halftime maybe two seasons ago, Muschamp needs a stressball

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Someone posted a picture of a busted up whiteboard during halftime maybe two seasons ago, Muschamp needs a stressball

He punched through one at Williams-Brice last year, so that might've been it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Glad to hear David Ash is hanging it up rather than give it another go. He can always fall back on his degree in *looks at clipboard* psychology??? Oh dear lord

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

AsInHowe posted:

The Ragin' Cajun luncheon looks like quite the party.

This can't be real. But also it is the most ULL thing to do

Edit: Now I guess we know what part of the Cajun is Ragin' :parrot:

Spintzel fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 18, 2014

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

QB career over practically before it began? Symptoms indicative of permanent brain damage? Well, there's always Fox Sports...

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

wheez the roux posted:

contrast CT has them saying colitis but they are far from sure about causes or anything else right now so its basically biweekly appointments to keep an eye on it

my arm look like a dishrag after all those IVs

i googled that drug and common usage was "in treatment of exposure to anthrax"

this is way less impressive

PostNouveau posted:

Glad to hear David Ash is hanging it up rather than give it another go. He can always fall back on his degree in *looks at clipboard* psychology??? Oh dear lord

So glad you could meet me here today. What can I help you with?

"this is my 5th appointment dude"

Scionix fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 18, 2014

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
e: quote isn't edit whoops

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Wanvig posted:

Never miss an opportunity

Every loving time I die.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Auburn FS Jermaine Whitehead did not make the trip to Manhattan, reportedly after a "verbal altercation" with a coach. This is pretty bad; Whitehead was a leader in the secondary with 2 INTs on the year. A freshman is listed behind him but more likely one of the boundary safeties, starter Rudy Ford or backup Derrick Moncrief, move over. Lack of depth there could pose a huge problem late in the game for a team already vulnerable to big plays. I DO NOT LIKE THIS.

No, this could really hurt. I noticed during the Arkansas game he seemed really frustrated and seemed to have a lot to say about it, but I figured it was frustration with himself or maybe with other players missing tackles or something. I think benching him for this game was the right call, since other players shouldn't get the idea that this is an ok thing to do.

Having said all that, if I'm Bill Snyder, I am telling Waters to just bomb it deep on every play. Auburn was already vulnerable in the secondary, so this just makes that vulnerability that much more pronounced.

Hope whatever he had to say to the assistant coach was worth it. Really surprised that it was him. Whitehead was one of our bright spots off the field because he was great in the classroom, never got into any trouble, and seemed like a good dude all around.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Morby posted:

No, this could really hurt. I noticed during the Arkansas game he seemed really frustrated and seemed to have a lot to say about it, but I figured it was frustration with himself or maybe with other players missing tackles or something. I think benching him for this game was the right call, since other players shouldn't get the idea that this is an ok thing to do.

Having said all that, if I'm Bill Snyder, I am telling Waters to just bomb it deep on every play. Auburn was already vulnerable in the secondary, so this just makes that vulnerability that much more pronounced.

Hope whatever he had to say to the assistant coach was worth it. Really surprised that it was him. Whitehead was one of our bright spots off the field because he was great in the classroom, never got into any trouble, and seemed like a good dude all around.

I was already a little concerned about this game for Auburn, but now I'm outright worried. :ohdear:

Then again, most lifelong Auburn fans pretty much expect to lose every game anyway, so I don't know why this week is any different.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Oh hey, imagine that... Urban Meyer letting a suspended player participate with the team.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11545195/noah-spence-ohio-state-buckeyes-practicing-ban

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

Oh hey, imagine that... Urban Meyer letting a suspended player participate with the team.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11545195/noah-spence-ohio-state-buckeyes-practicing-ban

In light of the maurice clarett documentary, I don't mind this.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

In light of the maurice clarett documentary, I don't mind this.

Synopsis?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

Synopsis?

Clarett was in a bad spot emotionally, the school left him out to dry with 0 support to get better and taking the team (and therefore a lot of his closest friends) away from him, fell back into bad habits and a bad crowd, or something to that effect.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Morby posted:

For better or worse Snyder generally doesn't work like this. Which isn't to say he won't take shots down field now and then, but he wants to run that painfully slow developing quarterback keeper (seriously it's the weirdest looking thing) about 25 times a game and generally keep the ball. Which honestly isn't a terrible idea against Auburn if he can make it work.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

For better or worse Snyder generally doesn't work like this. Which isn't to say he won't take shots down field now and then, but he wants to run that painfully slow developing quarterback keeper (seriously it's the weirdest looking thing) about 25 times a game and generally keep the ball. Which honestly isn't a terrible idea against Auburn if he can make it work.

I'm pretty sure Snyder's ideal is a 30 minute long, 10 play drive.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OxfUftiYRU

This game was great because of the win, and also because about 90% of it was Muschamp and Todd Grantham losing their poo poo at players on the sidelines.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Clarett was in a bad spot emotionally, the school left him out to dry with 0 support to get better and taking the team (and therefore a lot of his closest friends) away from him, fell back into bad habits and a bad crowd, or something to that effect.

Yeah Spence obviously has an issue and is going to rehab to try and fix it so ripping everything away from him right now probably isn't the best thing. It's only practice, it's unlikely he will ever play again.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Manoueverable posted:

It's really weird that at this time last year people were falling all over themselves about how awesome they thought Jameis was. I mean, yeah, in a vacuum this situation would normally be hilarious but in context it's a little disturbing.

This also happened with Johnny Football here. In the NBA threads it happened with James Harden. It's not a new phenomenon in SAS.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Manzeil's stuff was just normal entitled college athlete stuff though that was blown out of proportion by constant ESPN coverage. I think the only recent "it" player for ESPN that wasn't totally hated by the end of the season was RGIII. Winston is actually kind of being a terrible person even without the media coverage amplifying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Auburn-K. St. tonight. What did I do to deserve such a bounty on a Thursday night?

• Locked thread