Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I wonder if the whole series is going to be collected? I had kinda given up hope and just bought the last few trades.

http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Transmetropolitan-Vol-Warren-Ellis/dp/1401254306/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409519757&sr=8-1&keywords=absolute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

I wonder if the whole series is going to be collected? I had kinda given up hope and just bought the last few trades.

http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Transmetropolitan-Vol-Warren-Ellis/dp/1401254306/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409519757&sr=8-1&keywords=absolute

I'd bet on it. At 21 issues for the first volume it'll only be 3 books.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Are any of these still for sale? I know I am late seeing this but I would love to snag that whole Hickman FF set.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Are any of these still for sale? I know I am late seeing this but I would love to snag that whole Hickman FF set.

Sorry they are no longer for sale

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I noticed that an omnibus for Fraction's Hawkeye has been solicited. Does that mean no OSHC v.2?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

sporklift posted:

I noticed that an omnibus for Fraction's Hawkeye has been solicited. Does that mean no OSHC v.2?

No, it means omnibus' are solicited way ahead of release while OSHC's are not.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How does the Punisher MAX by Ennis compare to the one by Aaron?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Better and longer. Both are well worth your time.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

Rec thread or Punisher thread probably would have been a better place to ask, but one key difference between the two runs is that Aaron focuses a lot more on other main characters, like Kingpin, Bullseye and Vanessa Fisk. Ennis' run is the superior of the two, but I also enjoyed Aaron's quite a bit.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Are the Brubaker DD omnis really worth like 300+ a piece? I was browsing on Amazon and that's what they are all listed at new, maybe I should sell mine...

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

Nodoze posted:

Are the Brubaker DD omnis really worth like 300+ a piece? I was browsing on Amazon and that's what they are all listed at new, maybe I should sell mine...

Who knows if they ever sell at that price though. A lot of people seem content to list OOP stuff at absurd prices on Amazon in the hopes that someone desperate to own it will eventually come along. Look at sold eBay auctions to see what people are actually paying.

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Neo_Reloaded posted:

Who knows if they ever sell at that price though. A lot of people seem content to list OOP stuff at absurd prices on Amazon in the hopes that someone desperate to own it will eventually come along.

Robots. It's the drat robots. Lots of Amazon stores use computer programs to set prices to reflect the average price for the item in the entire market. Super high prices for books usually indicated that no one is buying them and prices are artificially high. The ebay suggestion is one of the better ways to find out somethings actual market price.

The Wreck
Aug 16, 2004

I think I brained my damage

Nodoze posted:

I bought mine used off Amazon about a year ago for around $100 each. Certainly haven't increased in value by 200% since then. Look for other markets.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'll never forget that beautiful day a few years ago where Amazon mispriced a handful of Marvel Omnis and a few other high-end hardcovers at $15 each, including the Bendis DD Volume 2 and Brubaker DD Volumes 1 and 2. I just bought those three and Criminal OHC Volume 1, but I think other people stockpiled everything they could while it lasted.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How is the Oz omnibus? Any good?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'll never forget that beautiful day a few years ago where Amazon mispriced a handful of Marvel Omnis and a few other high-end hardcovers at $15 each, including the Bendis DD Volume 2 and Brubaker DD Volumes 1 and 2. I just bought those three and Criminal OHC Volume 1, but I think other people stockpiled everything they could while it lasted.

My favorite part of it was the reveal. IIRC, the firing gun of a post went something like, "Hey guys, search 'marvel omnibus' on Amazon real quick," and we were off to the races!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Space Fish posted:

My favorite part of it was the reveal. IIRC, the firing gun of a post went something like, "Hey guys, search 'marvel omnibus' on Amazon real quick," and we were off to the races!

That was me, I'm happy to say after all this time.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

You are a hero. I grabbed a couple of books I would not have gotten otherwise

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

My favorite book from that sale was Bone, first time I've ever heard of Bone at that time... But man what a great book.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

God dammit, DC! Why is it SO loving HARD to stay consistent? It was ONE loving CHARACTER and you still hosed it up!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Brocktoon posted:

God dammit, DC! Why is it SO loving HARD to stay consistent? It was ONE loving CHARACTER and you still hosed it up!
I spent awhile looking at this, thinking "That stupid 1 is up a bit too high. Dumb DC." and then I saw the 4 and laughed and laughed...

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 22, 2014

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

I bought a big stack of omnis that day. It's how I ended up with my DD books, among other things. Barnes and Noble also had a similar, but less expansive screw up around the same time

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I don't know how he can afford to self publish at this price*, but Templesmith's new creator owned book Squidder. Oversized hardcover the size of a DC Absolute for $30 shipped (plus a couple of signed prints). This isn't even the nice version (that one comes in a slipcase). Most things I back on Kickstarer get me a regular sized TPB for that price.

*probably helps that IDW is selling the story as a monthly miniseries.

Edit: timg. Didn't think it looked too big on my screen. Sorry.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 23, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Maybe timg that please?

EDIT: I can only actually use like half my monitor for chrome while I'm at work. Thanks for timg'ing it!

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 25, 2014

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

That price error caused all of Punisher Max VOL 4 to be sold out. I never got mine. Amazon did give me full priced credit though. so that's nice.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Casanova is getting reprinted in three deluxe hardcovers over three months. I don't like rebuying things I already own, but might have to for this.

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/matt-fractions-casanova-returns-to-image-in-style

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

Casanova is getting reprinted in three deluxe hardcovers over three months. I don't like rebuying things I already own, but might have to for this.

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/matt-fractions-casanova-returns-to-image-in-style
Fantastic. I still haven't read Avaritia yet, but Vols. 1 and 2 were pretty sweet. I only had the original-colored Image trade of the first volume, so I'm happy to sweep these up.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

redbackground posted:

Fantastic. I still haven't read Avaritia yet, but Vols. 1 and 2 were pretty sweet. I only had the original-colored Image trade of the first volume, so I'm happy to sweep these up.

I have the original color Image tpb of the first volume and the recolor Icon tpb of the second volume. I like them both (was worried that the recoloring wouldn't work well) and am a little torn with replacing the first volume this new HC.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Uthor posted:

I had a hard time getting into Luxuria but I ended up liking it anyway. I also love Ba/Moon, so I had planned on buying the other volumes. Now I have a really good reason.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I admit I have no idea what the hell happened in vol. 3 of Casanova. I think I only had a tenuous grasp of what happened in Vol. 1 and 2.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I get it up until the second half of the last issue, then: buh, what?

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
So you're saying I should read Casanova?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Best comic of 2000-2010.

(well, maybe 2nd behind Planetary)

At the least, Fraction's best work.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 26, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ShortStack posted:

So you're saying I should read Casanova?
It is pretty good, yes. I hope you like acronyms!

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012

redbackground posted:

It is pretty good, yes. I hope you like acronyms!

Weird Acronyms Secretly Taint Everything.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Grant Morrison has finished (finishing) is run on Batman right? Is there a collection or omnibus that collets his 7 year run? I'm pretty behind, I've only read 3 TPBs of Batman and Robin.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Grant Morrison has finished (finishing) is run on Batman right? Is there a collection or omnibus that collets his 7 year run? I'm pretty behind, I've only read 3 TPBs of Batman and Robin.
It's done, and no, because that would require DC's trade department to know what they're doing.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
They are finally getting around to putting Geoff Johns' Green Lantern in an Omni format so maybe they'll get around to Morrison's Batman someday.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Senor Candle posted:

They are finally getting around to putting Geoff Johns' Green Lantern in an Omni format so maybe they'll get around to Morrison's Batman someday.

It's too bad it leaves out all the Gibbons and Tomasi GLC stuff except for the Sinestro Corps War tie-ins. I mean, obviously, it's being sold on the strength of Johns's name, but leaving aside from the importance of those stories to the shared arc, a lot of the collections of those issues are getting tough to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

Is there a collection or omnibus that collects his 7 year run?
Ha ha, good one!