Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

What do you figure the assistant special teams coach makes? I'm sure it's more than me, but he also feels poor every day he drives to work.

It's not reported anywhere, but appears to generally be in the low 6 figures for assistant coaches, up to like half a million for long time guys. Coordinators reportedly average around $800k now, with some guys obviously being way higher then that.

Pretend I posted an image of Brian Schottenheimer here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Brannock posted:

Weren't McKenzie/Allen supposed to have multiple years of leeway to rebuild the Raiders from the trash heap? Seems really counterproductive to bring in a GM to blow it all up and start over, then fire him and his coach before he can actually get the rebuild process going full steam.
I might write a long thing on this later but basically: awful drafts in 2012 and particularly 2013, went all in on veteran FAs and it isn't looking good, Allen and his staff are not making the best of what talent they do have, moronic playcalling, fans are practically in revolt, outlook hazy

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Kalli posted:

Word of Muth breaks down what went on in the interior of the Bears - 49ers game: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2014/word-muth-bears-upset-49ers

Watch as Justin Smith both annihilates some poor guard over and over again and gets hit by a Kyle Long shaped bus.

Kyle Long is loving great. Jordan Mills is very not great.

Edit: oh wait I was looking at the wrong .gif. That was Michael Ola, he's a replacement level chump.

DupaDupa fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 18, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DupaDupa posted:

Kyle Long is loving great. Jordan Mills is very not great.

Justin Smith, just playing the BAAB Gap.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tajh Boyd has signed with the new Florida FXFL team. So that's interesting.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Did UFL Champion JP Losman find a spot somewhere

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

It's not reported anywhere, but appears to generally be in the low 6 figures for assistant coaches, up to like half a million for long time guys. Coordinators reportedly average around $800k now, with some guys obviously being way higher then that.

Pretend I posted an image of Brian Schottenheimer here.

Man, I could go be a group coach. I'd love to work outside and tell guys to work harder while I sip iced tea and wear my lawn mowing hat.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
I love Cutler's body language when a run play fails.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Cutler gives no care for running plays or blocking. He is also mostly indifferent about passing and kicking plays.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Ever see a 285lb man rush forward then get thrown about 5 feet backwards?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

DupaDupa posted:

I love Cutler's body language when a run play fails.

The block on Justin Smith is ridiculous.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Pulling guards should always be blowing people up

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

gohuskies posted:

The block on Justin Smith is ridiculous.

Why the hell is an NFL lineman standing straight up like that?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Intruder posted:

Ever see a 285lb man rush forward then get thrown about 5 feet backwards?
Yeah amateur club football is cool like that

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

There's a lot more poor technicians than you might think in the NFL tbh. Combination of the need for unnatural size nowadays and the use of two point stances through college and into the league don't help that

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chris de Sperg posted:

There's a lot more poor technicians than you might think in the NFL tbh. Combination of the need for unnatural size nowadays and the use of two point stances through college and into the league don't help that

Yeah, but Justin Smith is one of the last linemen I'd expect to have such poor form on a play.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Jamaal Charles participating in practice 4 days after a high ankle sprain :stare:

I could barely put weight on my foot after a week

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, but Justin Smith is one of the last linemen I'd expect to have such poor form on a play.

In his defense, he was playing against the Bears who were known to have a terrible, shitawful oline up until last year.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Jamaal Charles participating in practice 4 days after a high ankle sprain :stare:

But DAT isn't. Neither is Berry.

Dammit guys.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you haven't, click that Muth article, because it shows a few other plays where Justin Smith abuses some poor guard in a comical way.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Cardinals realized that replacing Dwyer with a guy who threated to kill women probably wasn't ideal.

@RapSheet
The #Cardinals are releasing RB Chris Rainey from the practice squad, I’m told. He has a history of domestic violence.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@AroundTheNFL
Cardinals place Jonathan Dwyer on reserve, non-football illness list, ending his season.

@RapSheet
#Cardinals place RB Jonathan Dwyer on reserve/Non-Football Injury list. Evaluating his mental health after suicide mentions in police report

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Kalli posted:

If you haven't, click that Muth article, because it shows a few other plays where Justin Smith abuses some poor guard in a comical way.

He closes like three gaps himself by crushing everyone together:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

He had a free gap (he thought) and there was nothing to fire out into. Happens

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Pron on VHS posted:

I'm sure his impending ankle implosion on his first rushing play this week will be fun to watch!

Chris James 2 posted:

@RapSheet
#Cardinals place RB Jonathan Dwyer on reserve/Non-Football Injury list. Evaluating his mental health after suicide mentions in police report

Uh is that saying the NFL policy is now to place suicidal players on the NFI list? :stare:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Chichevache posted:

It's hard to say but if I had to speculate (which I don't but I'm gonna anyway) I kinda feel like he sensed correctly that it was probably going to be a draw from how deep/upright the guard himself was sitting, which means he doesn't want to engage the guard (who is clearly trying to get him to rush), which means controlling the gap without engaging anyone, which means that awkward linebacker-ish high stance, which means that when Long blindsides him he goes flying.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Kalli posted:

Does he do an article like this each week? Its good stuff

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

axeil posted:

Uh is that saying the NFL policy is now to place suicidal players on the NFI list? :stare:

Why is that a bad thing?

He made mention of suicide so they took him off the team and are trying to help him.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah, Muth is gunna be writing them every week focusing on the Bears, Rams, and Ravens.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

Phone posting or I would link it, but he did a pretty good breakdown of Justin Britt in the preseason. I'm optimistic for our line now.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

gohuskies posted:

He closes like three gaps himself by crushing everyone together:

Now I just want to see this gif edited into him rolling all these guys off the field like a Katamari

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I don't think he even saw Long. He was expecting to face 70 and 70 just went the other way. He was not prepared for that at all.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

DupaDupa posted:

Yeah, Muth is gunna be writing them every week focusing on the Bears, Rams, and Ravens.

Why those three teams?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Why those three teams?

He just picks three teams each year that have interesting situations.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Why those three teams?

*Shrugs* He finds them interesting I guess. I know he loves Kyle Long and Greg Robinson. For the Ravens I guess he wanted to watch the them adjust to Kubiak's scheme. His week 1 article was on the Ravens: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2014/word-muth-ravens-new-scheme

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Everyone was real high on the Bears this offseason, including the analytics people who went gaga over Emery-san.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

axeil posted:

That's an appropriate response whether it is official policy or not. If you tell a doctor that you were thinking of harming to yourself or harming others, that could actually get you committed if they think you're serious enough to do it. They are under no obligation to keep that poo poo a secret and will probably report you to the proper authorities- to protect you from yourself. Adding Dwyer to the list is a safety issue, for him and other players. Even if he didn't mess up his girlfriend, he'd still be better of not playing NFL games while he's dealing with these problems. Hell, he's a loving runningback. It'd be very easy for him to gently caress someone up intentionally if he wasn't feeling right in the head that day.

e: even if he didn't annihilate his girlfriend, he still would have added to the NFI for being suicidal (probably)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:stare: This Marshall press conference is surreal as hell, if you are able to you should be watching it.

Like seriously, How is Bears PR letting him do this right now.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Dexo posted:

:stare: This Marshall press conference is surreal as hell, if you are able to you should be watching it.

Like seriously, How is Bears PR letting him do this right now.

This is a really loving weird conference.

Edit: Here's a link for people http://www.chicagobears.com/live.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DupaDupa posted:

This is a really loving weird conference.

Edit: Here's a link for people http://www.chicagobears.com/live.html

And he's still going.

• Locked thread