Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I stayed up absurdly late last night getting everything done last night so that I could get outrageously drunk and enjoy all of KSU-Auburn. Don't let me down, KSU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
38-17, Auburn.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

In North Texas MEAN GREEN news, first of all sorry to hear about David Ash. :(

Secondly, going forward it looks like Dajon Williams is in at QB. He's the most talented QB on the roster but had a rough offseason due to off-field stuff so they didn't roll with him to start, but then they got an eyefull of Greer and whoooboy I guess they had a change of heart.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

PostNouveau posted:

Auburn-K. St. tonight. What did I do to deserve such a bounty on a Thursday night?

im pretty hype for good football on a thursday

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Sith Happens posted:

I was already a little concerned about this game for Auburn, but now I'm outright worried. :ohdear:

Then again, most lifelong Auburn fans pretty much expect to lose every game anyway, so I don't know why this week is any different.

Of course! To be an Auburn fan is to be on a delightful roller coaster with dizzying peaks and frightening depths with very little space in between.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Morby posted:

Of course! To be an Auburn fan is to be on a delightful roller coaster with dizzying peaks and frightening depths with very little space in between.

War Eagle.

:smith::hf::unsmith:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wheez the roux posted:

Sure as poo poo isn't what you get out of the NFL.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

wheez the roux posted:

Same here, I hope this is a really exciting game to watch.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Don't nobody get to excited. Last time K-State took the field they needed a 4th quarter comeback to beat Iowa State after giving up 28 points in 12 minutes of gametime.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

Don't nobody get to excited. Last time K-State took the field they needed a 4th quarter comeback to beat Iowa State after giving up 28 points in 12 minutes of gametime.

yeah, but Bill Snyder is a wizard

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

yeah, but Bill Snyder is a wizard

Exactly. That ISU game is an example of his wizardry.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction
Texas Tech fires its DC just before its conference game against Okstate. This breaks with Tech's long tradition of firing its DC immediately after the Okstate game.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Auburn is going to destroy KSU.

I like how ESPN is playing up how Auburn might lose this game. A bit :tinfoil:, but I can't help but feel like they're setting it up so it's not such a big deal if Auburn actually does lose.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
When people assemble lists of the greatest coaches of all time, if they neglect to put Bill Snyder at the very top, they are simply incorrect.

He has 36% of Kansas State's all-time wins in 23 years of coaching.

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

Texas Tech fires its DC just before its conference game against Okstate. This breaks with Tech's long tradition of firing its DC immediately after the Okstate game.
I'm getting the feeling that he may not be the best head coach...

EDIT: Oh that makes a lot more sense.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 18, 2014

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

A bit more to it than that...

quote:

Texas Tech fired defensive coordinator Matt Wallerstedt after the coach was suspected of being under the influence of an unknown substance while on campus, sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Not pretty enough for the Kingsbury administration

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

I'm guessing he showed up baked or high on pills.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

vikingstrike posted:

I'm guessing he showed up baked or high on pills.

High on Peyote.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Just being preemptive.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thoguh posted:

High on Peyote.

Rolling molly in that Texas heat

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Scionix posted:

i googled that drug and common usage was "in treatment of exposure to anthrax"

this is way less impressive

That's because Cipro is a murderous motherfucker and does not discriminate between targets. You got a bacterium you want dead, you go get you some ciprofloxacin and watch the fireworks coming out of your rear end because it crushed several billion of your good digestive flora in the process of committing aggressive battery on every single-celled organism in your now squeaky-clean body.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

quote:

Smith will be Texas Tech's seventh defensive coordinator since 2007.

Lol

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

As I insinuated in the Coaching Carousel thread, apparently, TTU is Hogwarts [/nerd]

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

If I lost to Bert and Arkansas I'd go drink whatever I found under the sink as well.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

If I lost to Bert and Arkansas I'd go drink whatever I found under the sink as well.

Are you referring to famous Arkansas head coach Bert Bulimia

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thoguh posted:

Snyder's teams always seem to get better over the course of the season though. They could still be a tough out playing at home.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
GDT titles please

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

In-pain in the Ash-brain

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Heaf posted:

GDT titles please

NCAA Week 4: Roll Snyde

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Heaf posted:

GDT titles please

Snydercats are on the move, Snydercats are loose.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

GDT: From Ash to ashes.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

GDT: From Ash to ashes.

GDT: Noah Spence is ecstatic.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Frackie Robinson posted:

Snyder's teams always seem to get better over the course of the season though. They could still be a tough out playing at home.

Yeah, I am thinking of this as a Miss State type game without the cowbells. Miss State fans are loud, crazy, and passionate. The place will rock and roll if things are going well for them. If not, the place will be dead silent.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Morby posted:

Yeah, I am thinking of this as a Miss State type game without the cowbells. Miss State fans are loud, crazy, and passionate. The place will rock and roll if things are going well for them. If not, the place will be dead silent.

Snyder is one of the Ancient Ones, you're unwise to disrespect him.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Heaf posted:

GDT titles please

ROLL SNYDE

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Frackie Robinson posted:

Snyder is one of the Ancient Ones, you're unwise to disrespect him.

That wasn't meant disrespectfully. KState sounds like an awesome stadium to watch a game, just with way less cowbell.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Here's your thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665815

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Justin King put his Georgia video up. Goddamn this guy makes some poetry.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

mdemone posted:

That's because Cipro is a murderous motherfucker and does not discriminate between targets. You got a bacterium you want dead, you go get you some ciprofloxacin and watch the fireworks coming out of your rear end because it crushed several billion of your good digestive flora in the process of committing aggressive battery on every single-celled organism in your now squeaky-clean body.

cipro: when you absolutely, positively have to kill every last motherfucker in the gut, accept no substitutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spiritus Nox posted:

Snydercats are on the move, Snydercats are loose.

Please this one.

e: Crap.

• Locked thread