Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Basically every World Cup would be in the United States if anyone had any sense, but especially considering how mad the English would be.

euros get so mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Vinestalk posted:

Who cares? Why the gently caress would you want FIFA coming to your country ever at all while Blatter is still alive?

Yeah, a different tune will be sung when the '22 WC is held in November/December because "cloud machines" still won't exist. Nor A/C working in an open air stadium.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Vinestalk posted:

Who cares? Why the gently caress would you want FIFA coming to your country ever at all while Blatter is still alive?

To yell "hijo de puta" at Sepp like in the last Copa America final?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Pook Good Mook posted:

You mean the most profitable and best attended World Cup ever even accounting for the fact that there were less teams and thus less games?

That American World Cup?

Man if the world cup came back to England and it didn't turn out to be the most profitable for FIFA I would probably shoot myself

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dunban posted:

will they get a trophy for that

The first world trophy :smug:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Man if the world cup came back to England and it didn't turn out to be the most profitable for FIFA I would probably shoot myself

It's funny to me, that all Americans inherit the idea of "bigger" being the equivalent of "improved quality".

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

ephex posted:

It's funny to me, that all Americans inherit the idea of "bigger" being the equivalent of "improved quality".

There are a lot of Americans of "improved quality" posting in this forum.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The only good things about 94 was the matches were on when it was evening in the civilised world, and the kits were amazing.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The only thing worse than the American attempt at hosting a World Cup was Atlanta '96. That was shameful.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

St Evan Echoes posted:

The only good things about 94 was the matches were on when it was evening in the civilised world, and the kits were amazing.

Also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MeXyId9omY

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I think America deserves another chance.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

"cloud machines"

These will never stop being hilarious

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The power of the Cloud.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

How have I never seen this before? Jurgen's just jamming the gently caress out.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

TheBigAristotle posted:

Herzog & De Meuron wanted to do something like this to close the roof in the initial plannings of the Allianz Arena but it was way too costly to realise so it got scratched.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Polidoro posted:

To yell "hijo de puta" at Sepp like in the last Copa America final?

I went to a womens match just to do this and it owned.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

TheBigAristotle posted:

One of these is gonna fall down and the Spanish national team is going to be devastated as the only surviving player is their goalkeeper, former footballer Iker Casillas

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

TheBigAristotle posted:

Did they actually say they'd make these

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pissflaps posted:

The only thing worse than the American attempt at hosting a World Cup was Atlanta '96. That was shameful.

sounds like you have something against America, pissflaps

TheBigAristotle posted:

that looks like a giant laptop fan

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Teddles posted:

Did they actually say they'd make these

Yeah this was how they passed off saying it was going to be in the Summer which they said was going to happen as well.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Get that noose ready cause your stadiums, or stadia, if you go by latin pluralization rules, which I don't, are puny and weak

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

Get that noose ready cause your stadiums, or stadia, if you go by latin pluralization rules, which I don't, are puny and weak

But enough about the current US President.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Chances are, if you’re a woman and you’ve had much contact with the leadership of FIFA, you have a story to tell about sexism and soccer’s world governing body.

U.S. forward Abby Wambach tells one from the time she and her now-wife, Sarah Huffman, were backstage in a VIP room in January 2013 before the World Player of the Year awards gala in Zurich, Switzerland. “[FIFA president] Sepp Blatter came into our little area, and he walked straight up to Sarah and thought she was [Brazilian star] Marta,” says Wambach.

“Marta!” Blatter said, hugging a bewildered Huffman, who doesn't look much like Marta. “You are the best! The very best!”

“He had no idea who Marta was, and she’s won the award five times,” says Wambach. “For me, that’s just a slap in the face because it shows he doesn’t really care about the women’s game.”

Solid, Sepp.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Jack's Flow posted:

Solid, Sepp.

Come on, it's an easy mistake to make

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
“He had no idea who Marta was, and she’s won the award five times,” says Wambach. “For me, that’s just a slap in the face because it shows he doesn’t really care about the women’s game.”

Hmm so he's not entirely out of touch with football fans

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah I was gonna say, if all he did was going around trolling the USWNT by not giving a poo poo, hell, even I would vote for him

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Abby Wambach is a lesbian? *tears down posters, bikini spreads, photoshopped pics of us, etc. and throws it all in trash*

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Didn't he also want women to wear shorter shorts or sexier kits or something? Ugh, can you imagine that this is the head of football worldwide? Forcing me to watch women's football just to take a look at those fit legs and get real horny, what a monster haha.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

chuggo is BACK posted:

Hmm so he's not entirely out of touch with football fans

Heh!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gizmodo did an interesting write-up on Lusail, the $45 billion city being built from scratch in Qatar, set to be completed in 2020

Included in the plans are this ridiculous structure:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Building did a mental Dubai project of the month for a while because every new skyscraper had to be a perfect circle or gold or mad

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Total Meatlove posted:

Building did a mental Dubai project of the month for a while because every new skyscraper had to be a perfect circle or gold or mad

That sounds cool and good

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gotta start small... Fifa ExCo members ordered to return £16,000 watches given as gifts

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Looks like they're going to lose face.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Is this a wind-up?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002