Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

God I love Kelley. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Yay! I got Michael!

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
5 Secret McDonald's Menu Items You Have to Order

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

for some reason that list caught me completely off guard and it's loving slaying me

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

for some reason that list caught me completely off guard and it's loving slaying me

Yeah I was in tears on the bus ride home trying not to laugh at this one. It's great.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mike the TV posted:

Yay! I got Michael!

Which Seinfeld Character Are You

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm glad I forgot I had already taken the Seinfeld quiz. The first time around it ended in tears.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

dammit i hate puddy

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
EXCLUSIVE: First Pixel From New ‘Star Wars’ Leaked

The best Onion/Clickhole articles are ones that are almost believable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Watch This Video Of A Man Being Reunited With A Guy He Kind Of Knew In High School

http://www.clickhole.com/video/watch-video-man-being-reunited-guy-he-kind-knew-hi-1007

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Watch This Video Of A Man Being Reunited With A Guy He Kind Of Knew In High School

http://www.clickhole.com/video/watch-video-man-being-reunited-guy-he-kind-knew-hi-1007

Like dis if u cry evrytim

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

This Child Aggregator Is Taking Heat From Parents For Stealing Their Kids

quote:

For now, the issue of child aggregation remains morally fraught and legally ambiguous, and raises several interesting questions. Is it okay to aggregate a child if the parents are informed about it over the phone beforehand? What about excerpting parts of a child and displaying them without saying where they’re from? If child aggregation is the new norm, how much credit do we owe to the parents who raised them?
:stare:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
You Don’t Have To Agree With My Choice To Breastfeed Your Baby, But You Have To Respect It

I love the articles where they just barely shift the wording to change everything.

New Pfizer Breakthrough Miraculously Extends Lifespan Of Near-Death Patents

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Badly Injured Man Not Done Partying Yet

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Clickhole has a new Facebook profile picture.

And they want Uncle George to share their stuff.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Leofish posted:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Man Visiting Hometown Amazed To Find All His Childhood Insecurities Still There

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

If You Don’t Think You Have Any Racial Prejudices, You Better Watch This Video

Sometimes I'm apprehensive about their content before clicking because it sounds boring.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
David Cameron To Scottish People: ‘I’ll Kill Myself If You Leave’

David Cameron posted:

If you vote yes to independence, that’s it—you can say goodbye to me right now, because I’ll be dead the next time you see me. Just look at what you’re doing to me!
That photo is absolutely terrifying.

Also, a recent video:
CEO Says Office Shooting Could Not Have Come At A Worse Time For Company

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Leofish posted:

Take a wild guess what Takei showed off on his page.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Jock Scientists Discover Gay Gene In Carl

"It's In His Butt"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bilperkins2 posted:

Sometimes I'm apprehensive about their content before clicking because it sounds boring.

It seriously just got better and better. The guy getting in the Martin Luther King Jr box and shaking his butt made me laugh so goddamn hard.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

bilperkins2 posted:

Clickhole is basically an elaborate performance art project at this point.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

bilperkins2 posted:

Yeah, I skipped that one at first. Don't be like me.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bilperkins2 posted:

I'm so confused :saddowns:

lol

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

StandardVC10 posted:

Clickhole is basically an elaborate performance art project at this point.

Yeah but Clickhole is also really, really funny so unlike 95% of actual performance art it's worth paying attention to. It really baffles me that The Onion and everything it has produced has been so consistently brilliant for this long.

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014
"If this turns out to be true I will never buy another sandwich from them."

Well, there was the time when Subway honored the deal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ciu1bTFts

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah but Clickhole is also really, really funny so unlike 95% of actual performance art it's worth paying attention to. It really baffles me that The Onion and everything it has produced has been so consistently brilliant for this long.

I just think the Onion and Clickhole have only gotten better and better the past few months. I genuinely think The Onion's and Clickhole's satire articles get across the news about things like the Mike Brown shooting or Israel/Palestine conflict better than actual real news sites do.

Example: Tips For Being An Unarmed Black Teen

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Ninja edit: And all the comments are about whether or not masturbation/talking about masturbation is wrong.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

9 Things Only World Travelers Understand

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
What Hope Do We Few Have Against The Armies Of Byzantium?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Came here to quote this, perhaps the best online quiz anywhere.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
7 Deliberate Misspellings

I seriously don't get how Clickhole makes this stuff so hilarious. 7 loving killed me.

LARMINARD DARZINGARGLE

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Some horrible idiot part of my brain really wants to start using these now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

This makes me think of a recent thing on Facebook where the much poorer satirical site The National Report put out this article saying Facebook was going to start charging users $3 a month to use Facebook, but you could waive the fees by typing "I'M POOR #FacebookFees" or whatever the hell in your status. Also, they gave out the phone number for the Westboro Baptist Church as the customer service number for Facebook.

The article wasn't very funny, and had some poo poo "quote" from some idiot they made up, but it did what TNR does and got people a bit riled up for a few minutes.

There's something about the Onion's writing that's just so much better. Yes, they make up stories and attribute false quotes to real people, but there's more to it than "lol, we lied." I wonder if it has to do with the fact that so many people know the Onion is satire and it frees them up to be more creative, maybe. Granted, Literally Unbelievable show some people still don't get it (but their submissions lately have been pretty lame), but when it comes to sites like The National Report or the Daily Currant, or The Beaverton, it doesn't seem to me like there's any greater commentary.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Out of all those "satire" sites, The Onion is the only one doing actual satire. That's the difference.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Pretty much. I remember right after The Ultimate Warrior died some site ran a """""satire""""" article (clickbait) saying that The Undertaker had died as well after his loss at Wrestlemania. There weren't any jokes or anything in there just a bullshit headline trying to get views.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Graviija posted:

LARMINARD DARZINGARGLE

It took me about ten seconds to remember what his name actually was.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

obliriovrons posted:

Ninja edit: And all the comments are about whether or not masturbation/talking about masturbation is wrong.
When The Onion lands it really lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Golden Bee posted:

Came here to quote this, perhaps the best online quiz anywhere.

"We're with you general!" :black101: