Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sockser posted:

Man, gently caress SR Paige. People's Champion +5 matches always have a goddamned pro SR Paige and I get wrecked.

Well on the plus side, soon you too will have a SR Paige!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Go into the 3 tier and you'll face SR Paige's that were combined without being leveled up. Easy win with a maxed Rare pro diva every time.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

finally inched my way into Legendary tier and my Legendary drop was a Natalya :toot:

Had only just finished levelled a SR pro paige but can't really complain about a good diva drop.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I'm content to keep my rank hovering around 2,000. If I can get the pair of Epic Brocks, I should be sitting pretty.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I stopped playing for an hour and a half and dropped from 2500 to 3000 so that bodes well for caring about this and also sleeping

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't know how you guys are ranked so high, I've literally been playing all day and I'm ranked 28,000

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

triplexpac posted:

I don't know how you guys are ranked so high, I've literally been playing all day and I'm ranked 28,000

I've played about a dozen times and I'm about 75000. I won't have a chance to really grind this until Saturday or Sunday

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

triplexpac posted:

Don't play for 1 pt. I have 224 pts which means about 70 wins, since I can't beat the 5pt guys regularly, and have been playing off today, and I'm rank 13,131. If you lineup is good, you should be cruising on either the 3pt or 5pt lane and should easily make it to sub 11k.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

75 points has me just outside the top 50,000 :wtc:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

A lot of people play this stupid card game.

The top 5 already have 2000+ points, somehow.

edit: only play 3 point games unless you can actually win the 5 point games, in which case please tell me what you're doing.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
On the plus side, I'm gonna have a ton of cards to feed to my prize(s).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just got crushed in the tournament part of a kotr but my prize was an UR AJ so between that and my soon to be pro SR Paige I can get rid of my Rare Eva and AJ cards for KOTR :toot:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Reached Epic tier, got my first epic :toot:

It's Rey Mysterio, which would be fine except it's just the worst photo of Mysterio ever and it just looks terrrrrrrrrible and now I'm stuck with this bullshit card because I won't get another epic for a long time.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Why do Epic cards sometimes show up as a shadow face with yellow arrows on them? Has anyone else seen this?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I've been playing PCC all day pretty much on and off, and I'm in the top 2,500. At that point, you have to keep playing just to stand still. With the sheer number of people playing this, the prize rankings seem fairly stingy, and there's no way I'll still be anywhere near the top after a night's sleep.

EDIT: Shadow faces are undownloaded jpgs. They'll turn up.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Bhester posted:

Why do Epic cards sometimes show up as a shadow face with yellow arrows on them? Has anyone else seen this?

They're not necessarily epics, that's just the game's "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS" file, so it usually means a network hiccup or something.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Sockser posted:

They're not necessarily epics, that's just the game's "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS" file, so it usually means a network hiccup or something.
If you boot up the game and there's a green downward-facing arrow with a percentage indicator on the Play/Options main screen, it's downloading the art assets. Just go back to the main screen and let it go all the way to 100%.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

My maxed pro rare Mysterio is my best card because I can't get any SRs to pro because not nearly enough SRs drop to do anything. He still destroys everything up through SR++ so far though.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I have completed 6,504 matches, and the game says it has given me my UR Paige, but it hasn't! :argh:
edit: it popped up in my collection after I quit the game and booted it back up.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

It's kind of dumb that for 2500-1500 or whatever, you get 2 epics, and from 1500-500 you get a legendary... but a maxed pro epic beats a maxed legendary. I mean you could say something about the potential of the Legendary but meh.

Actually I just convinced myself that I'd rather have the legendary. Oh well. Currently sitting at around 1650 and, honestly, I haven't really been playing ALL day. Pretty sure I can finish this with some good reward.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dimebags Brain posted:

My maxed pro rare Mysterio is my best card because I can't get any SRs to pro because not nearly enough SRs drop to do anything. He still destroys everything up through SR++ so far though.

Are you not doing KotR?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Genericide posted:

I've been playing PCC all day pretty much on and off, and I'm in the top 2,500. At that point, you have to keep playing just to stand still.

I'm down to 8,000. Already. I'm going to have to treat it like exhibition mode, and not get hung up on ranking. A whole weekend of this!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Sockser posted:

Thanks, I'd only seen it on Epics for some reason.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Are you not doing KotR?

Every time Ive done it I've gotten a different SR and nothing beats my current Mysterio. Also it takes forever and the final tournament always happens at like 2 am and it takes to long for me to keep caring.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dimebags Brain posted:

the final tournament always happens at like 2 am

Start it sooner then. 45 hours of games + 3 hours (max) per round of the tournament, and the finals don't matter (unless you really want that support card). I always start my KotR in the early afternoon so the tournament starts sometime between 9 and noon two days later. The only effort I put into it is making sure to rotate my lineups every two or three hours.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Might as well keep playing for Bork Laser's side. He's at 2,754,788 against Cena's 2,221,997 as of this post.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It doesn't matter what side you pick, everyone gets rewards. The sides just determine if they'll be Cena or Lesnar cards.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Swagger Dagger posted:

It doesn't matter what side you pick, everyone gets rewards. The sides just determine if they'll be Cena or Lesnar cards.

Okay, good. I'd rather have Lesnar cards. So eat it.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I continue to have Superdumb questions about Supercard, and am grateful to all the goons that put up with them:

1) How do the 1/3/5 difficulties for People's Champ work? It seems intuitive that the difficulties would be at least partially static, so that someone with a strong deck is actually rewarded. When I fight 1's, it's mostly dudes with non-pro SR's and pro Rares, and I have something like a 95% win rate. My win rate against 3's, on the other hand, is about 25%, since they tend to have pro SR's or at least really good ones with levels in the 20's. Have you guys been finding that it scales?

2) Speaking of scaling, I did very well in my first SR division KotR, getting 1st seed and eventually finishing second because getting a Rare support didn't seem like it was worth using boosts or energy refills. I was just barely into the division in terms of deck strength when I started, but trained a lot during it. Now my SR bar's about halfway full, and the new KotR I've started is kicking my rear end. Is this just luck of the draw, or does KotR scale within divisions? Obviously I'll be fighting SR opponents in the SR division, but if my bar is barely filled at the start of the tourney, will I only be fighting guys whose bar is also barely filled?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they started and then canceled a Mario prowres game http://www.wiisworld.com/news/cancelled-mario-game-unearthed.html

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

epitasis posted:

they started and then canceled a Mario prowres game http://www.wiisworld.com/news/cancelled-mario-game-unearthed.html

Eh. I can see why Nintendo passed. Might've gotten away with it if it wasn't specifically a Mario property.

Still, woulda piledrivered so many fools as Luigi...

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
iOS SuperCard players; is the app crashing on open for you? Tried to buy a credit pack, and now the app won't open

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Jonny Angel posted:

I continue to have Superdumb questions about Supercard, and am grateful to all the goons that put up with them:

1) How do the 1/3/5 difficulties for People's Champ work? It seems intuitive that the difficulties would be at least partially static, so that someone with a strong deck is actually rewarded. When I fight 1's, it's mostly dudes with non-pro SR's and pro Rares, and I have something like a 95% win rate. My win rate against 3's, on the other hand, is about 25%, since they tend to have pro SR's or at least really good ones with levels in the 20's. Have you guys been finding that it scales?

2) Speaking of scaling, I did very well in my first SR division KotR, getting 1st seed and eventually finishing second because getting a Rare support didn't seem like it was worth using boosts or energy refills. I was just barely into the division in terms of deck strength when I started, but trained a lot during it. Now my SR bar's about halfway full, and the new KotR I've started is kicking my rear end. Is this just luck of the draw, or does KotR scale within divisions? Obviously I'll be fighting SR opponents in the SR division, but if my bar is barely filled at the start of the tourney, will I only be fighting guys whose bar is also barely filled?

1. Difficulty is determined by the person's deck strength. Therefore, decks with 1 will be easier to beat.
2. It's luck. People can stack their deck with two or three good cards and fill the rest of it with junk cards to drop their overall deck strength to cruise through lower tiers.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

In less than a day there's been seven million wins in People's Champ. That's insane to me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sockser posted:

In less than a day there's been seven million wins in People's Champ. That's insane to me.
I look forward to WWE's new marketing strategy revolving entirely around WWE Supercard.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got my first Ultra-Rare wrestler today, Sheamus. It kinda sucks that he can't hold a candle to all of my other wrestlers. I had an insanely lucky run over the last couple of days and ended up with a main team of all Pro SR's so he's just sorta sitting around as a King of the Ring benchwarmer with Pro SR Cesaro and Vince.

Edit: If you're worried about jumping into People's champ mode don't be, your ranking is purely a function of time spent, nothing else matters. I've been at home the last couple days with a killer flu so I've had nothing to do but play this game and watch TV, and I'm in the top 1500 just because I've been here to pres butan all day. I'm just into Ultra Rare++, and as far as I can tell that doesn't even matter. The +3 matches are picked so you'll win like 80% of them and the +5's are set up so you'll win like 25%, as far as I can tell. This changes, of course, if you're one of the tons of dudes I've run into gaming your tier with 3 epic cards and 2 commons.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 20, 2014

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
CMLL has made me think that a wrestling game needs to come out with a "sound" option. Y'know, different ambient sound for different circumstances/eras/etc. And the "Mexico" option needs to have nonstop airhorn "chants" no matter what.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LvK posted:

CMLL has made me think that a wrestling game needs to come out with a "sound" option. Y'know, different ambient sound for different circumstances/eras/etc. And the "Mexico" option needs to have nonstop airhorn "chants" no matter what.

When you lose in the finals of a king of the ring it should cut to a crying crowd.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

I lose so infrequently that every time I do I want the crowd to react like I'm Undertaker at WM 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Woohoo. Drew a second UR Rey, maxxed him and combined, which put me into Epic, pulled Epic Bryan, then got a second SR Eva Marie a few cards later. I need so much experience.