Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Supernorn posted:

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists in the thread, but yeah.

Hm yes that will surely stop the conspiracy theorists, a quote from the subject of the conspiracy in question. That will sure set them at ease, the guy they're calling a liar or a fraud telling them that they are not a liar or a fraud.

I think all the doom and gloom about updates is silly too, but it's seriously like five or six people here that are naysaying. You don't have to play the victim that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

Hm yes that will surely stop the conspiracy theorists, a quote from the subject of the conspiracy in question. That will sure set them at ease, the guy they're calling a liar or a fraud telling them that they are not a liar or a fraud.

I think all the doom and gloom about updates is silly too, but it's seriously like five or six people here that are naysaying. You don't have to play the victim that hard.

To be clear I like the game, I just don't think Chucklefish should give dates unless they're 100% they'll meet them.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Release date 2013

http://playstarbound.com/roadmap/

Roadmap to the release date.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

^^^ Creature Generation is this thread ^^^

Yeah, I'm still a supporter, and while I can't seem to have fun with it anymore, I'm almost certain that will change when the next update hits. The time it's taking is kind of lame, but until it looks like they're going to be abandoning the game instead of just taking ages to update it, I'm fine with waiting. I know progress is being made, even though I don't agree with some of the "progress" we're getting.

I agree with not giving dates, though. They've been historically pretty bad with meeting self-imposed deadlines.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
guys, please learn the difference between a 'plan' and a set date.

I'm only providing information that's already been given on the blog. We already announced our plan to get the game out by year end.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Supernorn posted:

I'm only providing information that's already been given on the blog. We already announced our plan to get the game out by year end.

Stop bothering to post here you will never make any headway.

Also what the gently caress made you think a quote from Tiy would settle people's worries that the game's been canned? What would settle those worries is a stable patch (that doesn't loving suck because it removes things like sand mining and adds strict ore tiering)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Supernorn posted:

Don't worry about them, anyone who doesn't understand that difference never will. Also a lot of people are probably joking.

What would perhaps be cool would be to see a blog update detailing exactly what the criteria are gonna be for when the next patch should be released, if there are any specific ones. Maybe it wouldn't help, but I bet there'd be some people who feel like "why can't we get the patch now?" who would appreciate it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I miss when this was the sane feel good for good reasons thread.

For actual content, year end for launch may be months away. But that still feels like a pretty fast transition from volatile nightly only progress to release so far as the playerbase has been able to see. Though I guess that depends how much work needs to be done or content to be added that is intended for 'post release' or not.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
By "finish the game" do you mean 1.0 or like, everything? Like good enough to call an official release or like everything you wanted to put in is in there?

Because

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Vib Rib posted:

By "finish the game" do you mean 1.0 or like, everything? Like good enough to call an official release or like everything you wanted to put in is in there?

Because

Imagine a derisive laugh, for that's what I would post.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
If you're going to release something this year please wait until after finals so I don't fail my classes, thanks.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Release it during finals.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If you're going to release something this year please wait until after finals so I don't fail my classes, thanks.

Don't worry about it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Afraid of Audio posted:

Don't worry about it.

But I'm hopelessly pessimistic about my tests. I have to balance it out by being hopelessly optimistic about something else.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
While I'm happy that there's finally a stable update actually on the way, someone from chucklefish saying that they're hoping to have the game complete within 2014 actually leaves more LESS convinced it'll be complete within 2014.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

reignonyourparade posted:

While I'm happy that there's finally a stable update actually on the way

Errrrrrrrrr

reignonyourparade posted:

someone from chucklefish saying that they're hoping to have the game complete within 2014 actually leaves more LESS convinced it'll be complete within 2014.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Supernorn posted:

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists in the thread, but yeah.

You will never be able to please them, probably not even when the actual game is released AND as planned. This thread is beyond repair. Please evacuate now.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Afraid of Audio posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please stop stalking me

No I will not apologise for the yukkuris

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

Are there any actual conspiracy theorists in this thread or just people making jokes about Chucklefish sucking?

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

I'm still having fun with the game and I even bought a friend a copy. :) Can't wait till the next update~

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Supernorn posted:

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists in the thread, but yeah. Even if we never made another penny on Starbound, we'd be totally fine. We're aiming to get the update out and potentially finish the game by years end because that's when we think we can do it. Not because of any financial constraints.

Well I guess you're going to raise the price after you arbitrarily call the game finished because your future customers will appreciate you that much more or something.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

People from small companies talking about how secure they are so often ends up being used as an ironic, sad quote a year later so please don't do it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Wow this thread took a turn for the lovely, lotta entitled motherfuckers up in here

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Moon Monster posted:

Are there any actual conspiracy theorists in this thread or just people making jokes about Chucklefish sucking?

Yes, there are some legit broken people.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Indecisive posted:

Wow this thread took a turn for the lovely, lotta entitled motherfuckers up in here

We stared into the abyss for too long.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Supernorn bail before you embarrass yourself further, that is not the kind of information you should be sharing

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You can tell chucklefish is healthy and popular because if you want to comment on their new blog nobody reads it needs to be moderated before they make it visible.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Remember what happened when a developer had enough publisher money to work on a game for at least 9 years?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Remember when this thread used to make fun out of people who take this game and its development too seriously?

The official forums must be cursed earth at this point then.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sanctity of the Starbound thread has been compromised, abort, I repeat, withdraw all personnel immediately

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

nerdz posted:

Remember what happened when a developer had enough publisher money to work on a game for at least 9 years?

I'm not saying it'll be quite that successful, but I agree with this sentiment.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm not saying it'll be quite that successful, but I agree with this sentiment.

I obviously missed something here. Could you please elaborate for the grossly ignorant?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Afraid of Audio posted:

You are an idiot.

You should see his posts from the earlier days of the OUYA thread, when he defended that magically turd against all comers, they were worse than your posts in this one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Starbotched

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Evil Fluffy posted:

You should see his posts from the earlier days of the OUYA thread, when he defended that magically turd against all comers, they were worse than your posts in this one.

When did he give up?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

Starbotched

SHITbound!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broke a sweat thinkin' of that one.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
You could say that we were all made...

A Starbitch. :smuggo:

e: the devs are all running now that they have their Starbucks

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I remember having fun as a space bird before the big character wipe, is this game ruined or are there quests and stuff yet?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Reiley posted:

I remember having fun as a space bird before the big character wipe, is this game ruined or are there quests and stuff yet?

Nope, it's ruined, there's actually less content in it than there was in release. Every changelog for the nightly releases is just a list of the things they've removed, like caves, or ores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Can someone else field that question?

• Locked thread