Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Alkydere posted:

Any tips on masochism?

Step one: Try to powerslide a MBT
Step two: Lightning 360 frontflip
Step three: Shotgun, always shotgun

Erata posted:

You're doing God's work, Sky-Janitor.

I love Sky-Janitor as a name!

I usually whisper to the people I shoot down "Flight plan denied".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

kidRiot posted:

Happy I can start talking about this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2gwh9f/competition_the_farmers_league_invitational/

This is based off the SOE Live tournament format and scoring system.

I know MAX's sound like a clusterfuck in a 6v6 environment, but the scoring system alleviates a lot of the dread when facing MAX's. A MAX has to clear 5 people to make it worthwhile to even pull the MAX. In a 6v6 a MAX can die almost instantly if you're out of position by a hair. It's truly a gamble. Paired with the overlay they have going on this can be a step towards an enjoyable, accessible and thrilling viewing experience for a Planetside 2 competition.

Server Smash has come a long way, but having to analyze and cast a 288v288 makes it difficult to really follow what's going on. They have to choose between a continent wide narrative or a localized battle. Either way you lose something. In a 6v6 with a proper point tracker and overlay you're able to catch almost all the important parts.

That said, there's a place for both events and I'm sure the 6v6 Invitation will surprise a lot of people at just how enjoyable it is to watch and take part of.

TIW looks like boys among men (and zaps) on the emerald side :allears:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arghy posted:

Your supporting an argument to nerf all AV into render range at 300m, whats the difference between 450m and 700m? You cant say killing beyond render range is wrong then support everythings range to 450m because its once again not rendering. You do know the lancer has damage drop off right? at 700m its doing barely any damage. I say give every faction the lancer, make a NS high velocity railgun launcher.

Here let me list the ways any vehicle can be killed without any response or to see it coming:

1) explosives you cant see
2) infantry AV alpha
3) vehicle/air AV alpha

You don't notice 2-3 hull down tanks shooting your butt, you dont notice 2 ESF's landing 4 hornets on your butt, you dont notice 5 MBT's opening up on you at the same time, you dont notice a lib behind you, you dont notice 4 HA's behind you, you dont notice 8 lancers on a hill. You know what else doesn't render most of the time? rockets of all types in a big fight. You can easily alpha an MBT with phoenixes because they wont render before they hit you.

You know how you counter all of the above? you get an ESP hack, OR you pay attention and keep moving. As someone whos been in many lancer camps i can tell you the best defense is to head away from the obvious big loving hill NOT sit still and shell a tower wondering why i keep getting hit by something. Want to avoid dieing to a hull down vanguard/prowler? keep moving. Want to avoid getting killed by air? keep moving.

So, the Ravens should be buffed to infinite range because game mechanics aren't always entirely fair across the board, got it. Also because you can just wear flak or MOVE the Phoenix should regain its ability to OHK infantry now that I think about it

Want to avoid getting killed by it? Keep moving, it's not like these options are wire guided or ultra high velocity or invisible or

The issue is 100% pump action light assaults

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Are Ravens the cool thing to hate now? Because Ravens are the best 2000 certs I ever spent on NC.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Stay classy PS2 stay classy.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
That's pretty hosed up.

Had a great NC night. Ended it like 150-35 and made 1200 certs in three hours, mostly A2A. Got 7 different gun medals (one each on Kestrel, Vortek, Mustang, Mercenary, Reaper, ACX-11, Anchor) just trying to get a few free 5-point directives, and finally broke the 1000 mark.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Horizontal Tree posted:

That's pretty hosed up.

Then someone asked if Snuggles had OD'd yet so...

Gaghskull fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 20, 2014

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Gaghskull posted:

That was after they had asked if Snuggles had OD'd yet, so...

That was before actually :allears:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Well that's inexfuckingcusable.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gaghskull posted:

Then someone asked if Snuggles had OD'd yet so...

That was before, actually, which instigated the whole thing as it was out of nowhere

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

That was before, actually, which instigated the whole thing as it was out of nowhere

Nah. There was a lot of salt before someone said that, right after suggesting 2fat got murdered. :cool:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Fart Car '97 posted:

The Mercenary is like a warm hug after using the Trac and T5 for a while

A warm hug from a girl with soft boobs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Nah. There was a lot of salt before someone said that, right after suggesting 2fat got murdered. :cool:

Well I was in and out of the hex/map screen so I didn't catch it all. Only salt I saw leading up to that point was just /yell meta shenanigans, as we were all very happy to have broken the TR up north and forced them to push the VS again. Oh well, something i s awful goons are dumb :shrug:

And you know the NC are always happy to get their distillery back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3_94bxAHl0

vigorous sodomy posted:

A warm hug from a girl with soft boobs

I'm ~30 kills away from auraxing it and man it's been a real pleasure. Cannot wait for that Fortuna. Merc with laser+UBSG+SPA? Yes please :getin:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Well I was in and out of the hex/map screen so I didn't catch it all. Only salt I saw leading up to that point was just /yell meta shenanigans, as we were all very happy to have broken the TR up north and forced them to push the VS again. Oh well, something i s awful goons are dumb :shrug:

And you know the NC are always happy to get their distillery back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3_94bxAHl0

I'm ~30 kills away from auraxing it and man it's been a real pleasure. Cannot wait for that Fortuna. Merc with laser+UBSG+SPA? Yes please :getin:

And not one of those prude butt sticking out hugs. A full chest to chest hug from a girl with soft boobs.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I would rather hug 2fat, he has at least 3x as many boobs as a girl.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

Un-nerf the AV turret, buff raven maxes slightly, given TR a long-range AV option (lol strikers and fractures)

gently caress tanks

Seriously though. Nerfing the AV turret was the worst thing they ever did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq9_0A8tVx4

I think tanks would be in a much better place right now if they didn't have HE or AI focused top guns. Leave HE on the lightning, leave the AI top mount weapons on the harrasser and remove them from tanks. Bam, you've just solved 80% of tanks farming infantry.

Tank hunting with a tank on the other hand I'm 100% OK with, that's where the certs are anyway. The only time we really ever go after infantry when we pull prowlers these days is the incidental poo poo like engineers/LAs going for you, or HAs trying to rocket snipe.

sitchelin posted:

Are Ravens the cool thing to hate now? Because Ravens are the best 2000 certs I ever spent on NC.

They can pull the same cheese trick that prenerf AV turrets could. Sit just outside render range and farm vehicles that can't shoot back. Don't get me wrong, they're amazingly fun to use but they're 100% bullshit from the other end if you know how to abuse them.

JudgeJoeBrown posted:

Stay classy PS2 stay classy.
Can you guys maybe not bring your horrible in-game outfit drama on to the forums? Remember what happened last time?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

sitchelin posted:

I would rather hug 2fat, he has at least 3x as many boobs as a girl.

You risk getting sucked into his fat and never being heard from again!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Leal posted:

You risk getting sucked into his fat and never being heard from again!

This is what happens when you reach level 100 pro-gainer. It's the only way to keep gaining.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Edit: Nevermind, actually checked things again.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Sep 20
Daily sale: Harasser M40 Fury-H
Members sale: Prowler P2-120 HE / Vanguard Titan-150 HE / Magrider Supernova VPC

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Sep 20
Members sale: Prowler P2-120 HE / Vanguard Titan-150 HE / Magrider Supernova VPC

Everybody make sure to grab that Titan HE, it's the best Vanguard cannon by fahahaha nevermind, there is only the Titan AP

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

Epic High Five posted:

Everybody make sure to grab that Titan HE, it's the best Vanguard cannon by fahahaha nevermind, there is only the Titan AP

I kind of want to pick it up and try rolling with HE + cannister...

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

almost1337 posted:

I kind of want to pick it up and try rolling with HE + cannister...

You mean the Vanguard of poor decisions?

It's not worth it.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

New NC reticule option:

:911: L I V E F R E E :911:

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Since we had half price armor on my day off I spent the whole day in my Prowler, I wasn't streaming but few points of interest:

Magrider: With a gunner on my Halberd it took three Magriders to kill me. First one had a Saron and got the jump on us so we were in the red after the fight and did manage to full repair before the next two made it to us (always make sure you're both Engineers because you can full repair in just a few seconds) the other two were doing that cute swaying side-to-side thing that some people think makes it hard to hit their giant fat front ends. The second driver was so focused on the swaying that the only two shots he managed to get off missed to my left and then right as I stood still. We bailed when we caught fire from the third tank who had gotten the jump on us while dealing with the second tank.

Vanguard: Mistook a stationary one at range for an AP Lightning and drove right at it thinking we'd have an easy win, it wasn't and we didn't. Ran into another one coming over a hill and got off the first dual shots, might have counted as hitting undercarriage since he was still coming over the hill and had an exposed belly. He gave up pretty quickly and tried to book it exposing his butt for the finishing shot.

Lightning: Had no gunner with me but it took five to kill me. I was supporting a 1-12 ghost-cap push during the off hours and found a nice hill that put me level with the second floor point room so I was able to shell anybody trying to run in and defend. After I wiped the second wave of them they started pulling Lightnings, one of them was over eager, didn't wait for his friends, so was a burning wreck when his friends spawned in theirs. I killed the second one with a bit over half health and was working on the third when I had to bail. We had a friendly Sunderer and the Engineer driver was running along my side trying to repair me during the fight, I yelled at him to gun the Halberd but they didn't, would have had the third one easy if they had.

The highlight was before the Lightnings were pulled when I kept hearing a NC spotting call-outs and looked around to see an Infiltrator perched on a ledge maybe 15m behind me, he was apparently looking down his scope so didn't see me lining up a head shot.

Klowns fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 20, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Westy543 posted:

So I think by the time they deliver some sort of compensation for directive resets, everything that was lost will have been re-earned. :sigh:

2x exp and 5x directive credit weekend for everyone

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Fart Car '97 posted:

This bug accounted for literally, every death I had tanking today. 3 times.

http://www.gfycat.com/OpulentJadedAmericanpainthorse

:soe:

A few days ago I got that bug while exiting a Phoenix. Because of that it didn't actually kill my soldier, I was just stuck floating high up in the air for a couple seconds until the rocket ended its course.

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Sep 20

Nobody buy this daily sale, the Fury-H is part of the $10 Steam DLC which is also the best value out of the DLCs by a mile.

Epic High Five posted:

I'm still 2000+ kills away from it :negative: Goddamnit why can't I find time to play more than ~30m a day

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Klowns posted:

Since we had half price armor on my day off I spent the whole day in my Prowler, I wasn't streaming but few points of interest:

Magrider: :words:

Vanguard: :words:

Lightning: :words:

I've spent a significant amount of time in a prowler recently and I can add a little bit to this.

Most Magriders are easy kills, with a couple exceptions. Max stealth 2/2 that drive up your backside and open the fight with AP and a full Saron mag will wreck your poo poo. Mag drivers that engage you on broken terrain and use it to their advantage are very hard to kill unless they make a mistake and will wreck your poo poo. Don't bother with mag drivers that engage from sniping range and strafe to dodge shots, you won't put enough damage on to score a kill unless they screw up or get jumped. Good news though, the ranged snipers have almost no chance of killing you either! :jerkbag:

Vanguards: Be reeeeeeeeeeeally careful. A 2/2 AP/Enforcer vanguard will wreck your poo poo unless you get the jump on him from behind, even then if they know what they're doing and shield/pivot/repair there's still a chance you'll trade. Even a 1/2 AP vanguard has a good chance of wrecking your poo poo unless you get the jump on him from behind (the shield is that much bullshit to deal with.) We *always* have the gunner get out between shots and rep the prowler unless the engagement is a slam dunk, that's increased our success rate significantly. Between the Enforcer absolutely making GBS threads out dps, the shield soaking another 2k and the high resists of the Vanguard naturally even a mediocre Vanguard crew is a serious threat just because of how much DPS they can produce and how much damage they can soak before dying.

edit: I'm tired so I forgot the most important part. Force them to blow their shield by engaging from a safe distance or a place with good cover. Bad drivers will panic and pop shield instead of just backing into cover and repping. If you can control when they pop shield you'll almost always win since they're now down 2k HP from their theoretical maximum.

Lightnings/Harrassers: Free certs unless you gently caress up your positioning and get jumped by 3 or 4 at once, even if you do you're still taking 2-3 of them down with you.

Random tips: AP/Halberd is the most all-around effective setup we've used, have the halberd gunner make a center of screen dot with a piece of scotch tape and a sharpie and use it to aim in 3rd person view. Add a couple of extra dots/lines as drop indicators so you have reference points to use for ranged shots in 3rd person. Run with max stealth.

Cpt. Murphey posted:

You mean the Vanguard of poor decisions?

It's not worth it.

Even the Prowler of poor decisions isn't worth it.

o muerte fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 20, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Thats mostly good advice except you're seriously overselling how good the shield is in a 1/2 vs 2/2 situation. The reality is a 2/2 ap prowler will straight dunk a 1/2 ap vanguard with no trouble at all. It's not even a contest. 2k extra health is not going to save you against someone with almost twice the dps as you.

If you're up against a 1 man vanguard in a 2man prowler, just push your attack so he can't cheese reload times by using cover and you'll win every time.

Also the enforcer and halberd's dps are identical, the halberd just does it in bursts (arguably a better option if you're engaging using cover)

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 20, 2014

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
It's not a Vanguard Of Poor Decisions, it's a Canguard, thank you. They make a big gooey mess of infantry pushes, and most tanks assume you're running AP and run as soon as they see you. It still does enough tank damage to ruin any lightning (except AP lightnings that call your bluff) and careful timing lets you snipe sunder kills. Harassers and Valks disintegrate upon entering LOS of you.

The fast and accurate-ish Can shots make an excellent mop-up weapon from the huge HE splash, and easily liquify C4 fairies.

I almost have HE auraxed, and my gunner is a bit over half-done with the can. The AP is a dramatically better investment don't get me wrong, but if there's an infantry push somewhere a Canguard can fit, well...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Evilreaver posted:

The AP is a dramatically better investment don't get me wrong, but if there's an infantry push somewhere a Canguard can fit, well...

...then it's already being farmed by skygods?

I tried not playing stalker cloaker last night, engineer trying to mine bomb and AV turret vehicles camping a bio lab. Miserable. ESFs everywhere.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 20, 2014

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Is double XP for members going on right now?

NyaR
Jan 4, 2005
NEIGH GUYS CHECK OUT MY SHITTY PLANETSIDE VIDEOS I'M TRYING TO STIRRUP SOME VIEWS
Comrades!

Hej brings great news:

Hej or Die 6, the premier Planetside 2 frag series, has been released.

Watch the 6th volume of Hej or Die here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUzQDJNLQQ

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Hold on guys, I'm going to go make a video with all the highlights of me coming across non self-aware megatards and murdering them is dumb ways. brb

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Wicked Sick!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

screw you guys, I like the dumb Hej vids

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Look at me ma! I can solo farm low BR players in low pop fights!

I wish people would make more vids like Moukass's Battle Bus Kamakazi vid.
http://youtu.be/J-G2XDhUpBI

Team player, big fights, shows the value of teamwork instead EXTREME HEADSHOT montages.

edit: Trimmed playlist out of url.

Nookovian-Red fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 20, 2014

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The 360 no-scope headshot meta is the true meta. Get on his level, nerdlords.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fuckin' everyone's a critic man

smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Been trying to play this game on medium settings but every time I try to use IRNV scopes everything turns white and I can't see poo poo. Is there a settings in my .ini file I need to change to fix this and if so what is it?

• Locked thread