Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
nav is always at the top, why would that change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
wasn't on my old phone but I was on iOS 6 I think?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
nope, iOS 7 def had it on the bottom

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
oh huh, I hadn't noticed. it's on the bottom in portrait and top in landscape

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
let the sperg flow

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

on 5/5s it is still down below

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
ios8 is poo poo. either the keyboard lags to show up, or the messages lag to show up. in the messages app. this is poo poo. i have a 5s. this is a poo poo os

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

already restored back to 7.1.2

wow iOS8 is a POS

It's poo poo!!!

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
my do not disturb was set to let no calls through. then every call came through. so i had to go set it off then on again. wtf

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i do not have ios8

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

idiotbitch posted:

my do not disturb was set to let no calls through. then every call came through. so i had to go set it off then on again. wtf

Tim doesn't use do not disturb. You shouldn't either.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i wish I could

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

flyboi posted:

on the non-Xbox iPhone 6 in landscape mode the navigation for Safari is on the top bar and is making me sperg out so hard

its to force you to use the new reachability feature whether you like it or not

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Ludwig van Halen posted:

its to force you to use the new reachability feature whether you like it or not

but it doesn't work in landscape mode :saddowns:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

yeah, you should of waited

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
just noticed the clock app is 'live' with its ticking secondhand

lol live tiles r comign

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

maps icon that shows where you are :v:
compass that rotates to point north
voice memos shows a live waveform
live weather
stocks icon live!

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

graph posted:

just noticed the clock app is 'live' with its ticking secondhand

lol live tiles r comign

been like that since 7 yo

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Miley Virus posted:

been like that since 7 yo

lol if you used ios 7

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

u appear to have broken it

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

can't wait for the inevitable lockscreen bypass bug

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I upgraded my 5s to ios8 yesterday and it is ok.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

i didnt back anythinuing up so i lost a year of contacts, calendars and other poo poo

rofl

lesson learnt bro you just stand back up and gently caress uncle tim in the rear end

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I was forever a dude who laughed at the thought of owning and using a giant phone like the Galaxy Note, so it's pretty funny and a bit confusing how I ended up ordering a 6+ for myself. I told myself I'd never get a big screen phone, that I didn't like big phones, that over 4.5" is ridiculously large for a smartphone, and that there isn't really a practical need for one. I still basically believe most of that, except for the fact that I bought 6+.

Knowing how amazing iPhone displays are, I just couldn't resist getting the 5.5" size. When it comes to electronics, I don't really ever get excited but the iPhone has always been a special case. If it was any other brand phone I'd have likely picked the smaller one in a heartbeat, but it being an iPhone made it different. Back around the Steve Jobs era, it seemed impossible that Apple would ever even come out with a phone bigger than 4" or so, so I'd never had to decide whether or not to get a giant screen phone anyway. When it actually happened, I surprisingly found it impossible to resist.

I have an iPad but never use it, usually just using my iPhone instead since it's close at hand. I'm hoping the 6+ is going to get rid of my need for that iPad and I can just sell it. Most of what I do on my phone is web browsing and apps and photo/video, so that's what got me to decide the larger screen might be a nice luxury to have. Also, that hardware image stabilization sounds awesome since all my pictures are always loving blurry. If I was on the phone the majority of the time I'd have gotten the regular 6 in a moment. However, being a big web user, the thought of how amazing web pages will look on that 5.5" screen I'll have with me 24/7 was just too alluring. The jump from my 4's screen to my current 5 was wonderful, and that was only slightly bigger. So I think I'm really gonna enjoy the 6+.

I've become a giant phone owner somehow, after never thinking it possible. Thanks Apple.

I'm just really hoping I don't come to regret it, though. I am not a large guy and I don't have large hands. I already know it's going to look ridiculous when I use it given my small frame, but I don't care about that all that much. I'm more worried it's just going to be just too large and unwieldy for use in my small hands, and to fit clothes pockets. If so, I'll probably end up returning it to the Apple store for a normal 6.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
lol

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
wish it would drop into the pacific

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC0WKolLJ_Q

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

idiotbitch posted:

ios8 is poo poo. either the keyboard lags to show up, or the messages lag to show up. in the messages app. this is poo poo. i have a 5s. this is a poo poo os

this is EXACTLY why i reverted, idiotbitch. iMessage is totally hosed in 8

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ios8 works ok on my 5s

deleted the dumb keyboards though

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

cool groundwater pollution

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

this has been the only good unboxing vid I've ever seen

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

this is EXACTLY why i reverted, idiotbitch. iMessage is totally hosed in 8

works4me

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

ios8 works ok on my 5s

deleted the dumb keyboards though

maybe its because i installed swift keyboard to try. i should delete it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

i didnt back anythinuing up so i lost a year of contacts, calendars and other poo poo

rofl

i hammered a nail through my hand

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef_BznBwktw

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

tim you fucker let china's rich order their iphones so they stop making their grandparents sit out in the cold

also lol at the tears in the video description and comments

ffffffffffuck you

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

cool racism

• Locked thread