Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In fact they don't even have genders, the MAN in Megaman is a catch all term for "Human" so it should actually be Mega Human or Rock Human. Megaman does not have the defining qualities of either gender nor does Roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Cyron posted:

protoman is his brother. but by that logic so was the robot masters in the first game.

yes, they were. now you understand megaman better

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

poster entitlement

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

i always thought he and roll were a couple. deeply upset by this new development. once again the SJW agenda is ruining video games!

Roll identifies as male.

Dec 26, 2012

no, says the ik in his imp zone, it belongs to games

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Donkey Kong is a good franchise, though it's not my favorite.

I liked that Donkey Kong game for Game Boy that came out around the same time as the Super Game Boy. The one that was pretty much a remake of the original, but with a ton of levels and new moves for Mario.

In fact, I liked it better than the DKC series.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Beef Waifu posted:

In fact they don't even have genders, the MAN in Megaman is a catch all term for "Human" so it should actually be Mega Human or Rock Human. Megaman does not have the defining qualities of either gender nor does Roll.

Robots are useful machines incapable of human reasoning or emotion and should not be assigned human qualities.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Beef Waifu posted:

Megafaggot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Robots are useful machines incapable of human reasoning or emotion and should not be assigned human qualities.

:agreed:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Im doin a little bit of both, if i get a new GF i'll try em out to see what their attack looks like. I loved the minotaur brothers animation. Please buy me FF7 on Steam as i havent played through that either.

Well...you did put half the thread on ignore.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 21, 2014

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

what about the robot from chrono trigger?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I always thought mega man was a human in a robot suit.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

He just needs to babysit that loving plant and then get turned into a minor plot device during chrono cross

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

and what about the mmrnmhrm, who nobly sacrificed their robot race to merge with the crystal aliens?

Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

He just needs to babysit that loving plant and then get turned into a minor plot device during chrono cross

please do not bring up chrono cross at this time

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

01011001 posted:

please do not bring up chrono cross at this time

I'm gonna

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

and what about the mmrnmhrm, who nobly sacrificed their robot race to merge with the crystal aliens?

Critically defective self replicating machines

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Let's stop this before the thread gets moved to paranormal/conspiracy ok?

:greencube:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'll open up the thread music box and let out some fragments of dreams for this discussion.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bicyclops posted:

Defective and should be disassembled for parts.

Bicyclops posted:

They merged with the Chenjesu because it was the only way to serve their original purpose at that point.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

i'll open up the thread music box and let out some fragments of dreams for this discussion.

I wish magus was in smash so I could make fun of people for using him because magus is a huge human being

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

zen death robot posted:

No one worth a poo poo actually uses ignore

I put the anti-Donkey Kong trolls on ignore because they have no legitimate Smash Brothers discussion to contribute other than their hatred for the Kong franchise.

Dec 26, 2012

oh, well,

Widestancer posted:

I wish magus was in smash so I could make fun of people for using him because magus is a huge human being

agreed w/ this though

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

TVs Ian posted:

I liked that Donkey Kong game for Game Boy that came out around the same time as the Super Game Boy. The one that was pretty much a remake of the original, but with a ton of levels and new moves for Mario.

In fact, I liked it better than the DKC series.

did that one have dixie kong in it? because i played that one a bunch.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Widestancer posted:

actually, magus owns

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ammat The Ankh posted:

actually, magus owns

He's so bad at owning his plantation would have gone out of business a few hundred years ago

Frog is my nigga

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Sure go ahead and call me a human being but I would use him

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Widestancer posted:

He's so bad at owning his plantation would have gone out of business a few hundred years ago

Frog is my nigga

Frog has the best THeme

Dec 26, 2012

he does.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Widestancer posted:

someone could make a magus Mii.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

magus doesn't have any double techs but his mom is the one who almost destroyed the whole planet and dark bomb or whatever is a good spell.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Widestancer posted:

Frog is my nigga

His name is Glenn

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

mabels big day posted:

someone could make a magus Mii.

:eyepop:

Add this to the list of Imp Approved Miis

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I always find it weird that Frog's victory animation had his arm getting swole as all hell.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

just like the robot is prometheus and marle is nadia and magus is janus. lots of aliases in chrono trigger

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hoodrich posted:

Frog has the best THeme

no actually the best theme goes to the best character: magus

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If you get all the characters in Chrono Cross you find a cut scene showing that Guile is Magus

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

And Lucca is Bulma

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Gaygus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

• Locked thread