Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

karl fungus posted:

I've cut a pizza plenty of times with a normal, everyday pair of scissors. DID YOU KNOW that if you keep cutting, it goes to the other side? And that you can cut it multiple times to make slices?? MAGIC

DID YOU KNOW a good quality pizza cutter is only like $5 and works much faster than a random pair of scissors from your junk drawer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
The worst thing about that list of amazing gadgets is this photo:

Who the gently caress eats a hotdog with nothing but mustard and a side of pretzels?

Also :laffo: that half the products come from Thinkgeek.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

cyberia posted:

Who the gently caress eats a hotdog with nothing but mustard and a side of pretzels?

"Never point a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy."

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Xmas Future posted:

That pirate bottle opener, man. Really changed my life...

This isn't a terrible invention. Wine keys are helpful little gadgets but this one is way too expensive.

I can get 3 for less than that.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Wine-Opener-Corkscrews-Reinforced/dp/B00JUQR4FY/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1411262164&sr=8-17&keywords=wine+key

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of which, that video shows various lifehacks for carrying concealed blades. Like one hidden in a lipstick, popular among prostitutes.

Lihehack: the Mexican sacatripe is used for gutting sheep, but it can also be used for other warm-blooded animals.

Life hack: just attach a bunch of razor blades to the back of your baseball cap

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

betaraywil posted:

This is the most ridiculous poo poo I've ever heard of:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/oxo-cake-tester/

That's actually a thing though, my mom has been using a wooden "cake tester" for as long as I remember.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Who What Now posted:

DID YOU KNOW a good quality pizza cutter is only like $5 and works much faster than a random pair of scissors from your junk drawer?

A lovely, kinda dull pizza cutter is only like $1 and works much faster than a random pair of scissors from your junk drawer.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
not kidding just ordered two of that mustard gun

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I'd get six, and play condiment russian roulette. 5 are condiments you put on a hotdog, 1 is something disgusting liek 1million scoville hotsauce, or siracha.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'd get six, and play condiment russian roulette. 5 are condiments you put on a hotdog, 1 is something disgusting liek 1million scoville hotsauce, or siracha.

It figures that JeffK would find siracha disgusting

If you relish the thought of dual-wielding condiment guns at your next barbeque, you can buy the mustard gun at ThinkGeek.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It figures that JeffK would find siracha disgusting

If you relish the thought of dual-wielding condiment guns at your next barbeque, you can buy the mustard gun at ThinkGeek.

Who the hell is Jeffk?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bunnyofdoom posted:

Who the hell is Jeffk?

You are.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I was thinking about putting shampoo in one and conditioner in the other (or, #lifehack buy shampoo + conditioner) and lathering up to Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive every morning. Hopefully these condiment guns can handle shampoo caliber ammo.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Farmland Park posted:

That's actually a thing though, my mom has been using a wooden "cake tester" for as long as I remember.

Most people use a knife, kabob skewer, chopstick, or toothpick for this rather than buying specialized equipment that they don't need.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pneub posted:

A lovely, kinda dull pizza cutter is only like $1 and works much faster than a random pair of scissors from your junk drawer.

LIFE HACK: Use the tool that was expressly designed for the task you need to do.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oven-cleaning lifehack (involving boiling ammonia) puts woman in coma:

Danish paper (machine translation)

e: Here is an English version that has been going around :siren: do not attempt :siren::

quote:

You will need:
  • 250 ml ammonia
  • 1000 ml boiling water
  • 2 ovenproof containers
  1. The night before doing the cleaning, heat up your oven to 150 degrees C (300F)
  2. Boil the water, put it in one of the containers
  3. Put the ammonia in the other container
  4. Turn off the oven
  5. Put the container with ammonia on a grate in the middle of the oven, put the container with water on the floor of the oven. Close the oven
  6. Go to bed and look forward to cleaning your oven the next day
  7. Mix the ammonia with dishwasher soap and apply it around the oven
  8. Use an ice scraper, or similar, to peel the poo poo off from the inside of the oven
What happens is the ammonia mixes with water vapours and loosens all the poo poo in the oven. This is much more effective than commercial oven cleaners and you don't have to breathe in all those uncomfortable gasses.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Sep 21, 2014

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Who What Now posted:

LIFE HACK: Use the tool that was expressly designed for the task you need to do.

Unless it's a cake doneness checker, then just use a toothpick.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
There are few things more satisfying than cutting a pizza apart with a pair of scissors.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

I, personally, use a knife to cut pizza because I don't own a pizza cutter and also because I am a normal human being.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

GelatinSkeleton posted:

I, personally, use a knife to cut pizza because I don't own a pizza cutter and also because I am a normal human being.

Wait, why is using a pizza cutter - a tool designed exclusively for the purpose of cutting a loving pizza - more weird than using a knife? I would think scissors are more common/normal than a knife.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=401K11ux_TI&t=45s

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lifehack: clutter up your entire house with hundreds of lovely plastic junk tools that get used maybe a couple times of year because you're quirky/geeky/whimsical/ironic! All your friends will think you're the coolest Joe Schmoe on the block!

Walla, enjoy your mustard gun! :downsbravo:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Yes, I use scissors to cut pizza. I also use a hacksaw to slice bread and nail clippers to mince garlic, because these are all normal things that normal people do.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Whenever I have friends coming over, I used this one weird trick that farmers hate!

Toilets can be used for so much more than poo poo and pee pee. If company is coming over, put a few dozen eggs in the toilet (make sure to flush at least twice before) and place several tea lights underneath. In just a short while you will have many, many eggs that you and your friends can smash into your mouth!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Using scissors to cut pizza for serving is traditional in Rome. Buncha crazy assholes who don't know from pizza, am I right?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

Using scissors to cut pizza for serving is traditional in Rome. Buncha crazy assholes who don't know from pizza, am I right?

Pizza is from Naples :smug:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Pizza is from Naples :smug:
Rome is a fuckton closer to Naples than Columbus, Ohio is.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

The MSJ posted:

This looks like something from Surviving Edged Weapons.

Edit:
Speaking of which, that video shows various lifehacks for carrying concealed blades. Like one hidden in a lipstick, popular among prostitutes.

Lihehack: the Mexican sacatripe is used for gutting sheep, but it can also be used for other warm-blooded animals.

Here is said video, which has a fair amount of A/U/G due to being from the 80's. :ese:

edit: serves me for having two threads open at once :v:

ShootaBoy has a new favorite as of 05:49 on Sep 21, 2014

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hirayuki posted:

America's been to the moon and they've invented a tool specifically for cutting pizza.

America 2: Rome 0

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

cyberia posted:

The worst thing about that list of amazing gadgets is this photo:

Also :laffo: that half the products come from Thinkgeek.

Looks like a bitch to clean.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Lifehack: put a pocket knife in your pocket. If you need to cut something, take the knife back out of your pocket and cut. Walla, no more wandering around the house looking for specialized cutters that only cut pizza, dental floss, plastic contraptions, scissors, and goggles and poo poo.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
"Need something to cut that pizza with, milady?" *whips out greasy Swiss army knife, cuts self instead of pizza

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Lifehack: put a pocket knife in your pocket. If you need to cut something, take the knife back out of your pocket and cut. Walla, no more wandering around the house looking for specialized cutters that only cut pizza, dental floss, plastic contraptions, scissors, and goggles and poo poo.

Why would you need a tool that cuts only goggles

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Why would you need a tool that cuts only goggles

Gifts for a cyclops

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Lifehack: Most pizza places will deliver pre-sliced pizza right to your house, no knives, scissors or pizza cutters required.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Lifehack: stop eating pizza you greasy piece of poo poo

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp

Picnic Princess posted:

Lifehack: clutter up your entire house with hundreds of lovely plastic junk tools that get used maybe a couple times of year because you're quirky/geeky/whimsical/ironic! All your friends will think you're the coolest Joe Schmoe on the block!

For parties! Appealing.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Ain't no party like a Nutella and Wonderbread party.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Who needs real food when you can just eat icing slathered pumped onto white glue sponges?

Protip: I had a half loaf of wonderbread in my cupboard for 5 months and it never went moldy. I'm sure that's perfectly healthy to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author