Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nice job on the Magic Cake.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Soral
May 30, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

haha what, that literally link proves me right

Brock is 41-42
Misty is 42-47
Lt Surge is 40-45
Erika is 41-46
Janine is 33-36 (the one exception, notice how low these levels are, such that you would be way overleveled after beating the E4. This is because she's a new gym leader)
Sabrina is 46-48
Blaine is 45-50
And then Blue are all mid 50s

They're all the same level dude, all mid-40s. Yeah usually going from like one gym leader to another you see the same kind of curve (Gym 6 to Gym 7 in B/W2 is a jump from 33-35 to 41-43). But this is over 8 loving leaders. You should be starting where Brock is, and then the 8th leader should be around level 70 or 80.

Borsche69 posted:

The curve in the first 8 gyms is also bad. The last 4 gyms are all stuck at around mid 30 without any progression. This is made worse by the fact that the trainer battles in Johto max out at around mid-20s (that is to say you'll barely find any trainer/rocketgrunt/whatever packing anything around level 30. That's bad progression. You plateau at around mid level 30.

Borsche69 posted:

Yeah. It's suggested. All the guide books say it, and Hell, even your link shows the Gyms In The Suggested Order. You are such a retard.

ok

Soral
May 30, 2009

someone just murder me now please. thanks in advance

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Soral posted:

This is not a solution for being factually and empirically proven wrong.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Soral posted:

It's ok man. I used to think 2nd gen was the best too, and then I played it a bunch and every time i did i hated it more than the last time.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I dont care about pokemon any more now that im a grown-up.

Soral
May 30, 2009

someone please actually take a filthy knife and slowly press it into my stomach before wrenching it to one side, spilling my innards out onto the floor. do this for me, now, please. take the knife and use it to fully remove my intestines, and fashion them into a noose from which i can hang and die. please.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Soral posted:

someone please actually take a filthy knife and slowly press it into my stomach before wrenching it to one side, spilling my innards out onto the floor. do this for me, now, please. take the knife and use it to fully remove my intestines, and fashion them into a noose from which i can hang and die. please.

Very well.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Soral posted:

:stare:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ragg posted:

I do because I'm a barely functional adult.

Soral
May 30, 2009

"the second generation of pokemon is enjoyable" i attempt to say, however my words are muffled by the pistol i have inserted into my mouth. the cold metal of the gun clatters against my teeth as my hands tremble. i press my thumb against the trigger and shut my eyes tight, warm streams of tears begin running down my cheeks. this is what i want. i squeeze the trigger, and end my life. my body is later flayed and fed to dogs.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Soral posted:

"the second generation of pokemon is enjoyable" i attempt to say, however my words are muffled by the pistol i have inserted into my mouth. the cold metal of the gun clatters against my teeth as my hands tremble. i press my thumb against the trigger and shut my eyes tight, warm streams of tears begin running down my cheeks. this is what i want. i squeeze the trigger, and end my life. my body is later flayed and fed to dogs.

heavy stuff

Dec 26, 2012

Soral posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Soral posted:

stfu

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

no one cares that you were wrong, you loving moron. It's not a big deal.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i genuinely yearn for the sweet release of death

Soral
May 30, 2009

please do not cast aspersions on the earnestness of my posts

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i got the gen 2 remake in 2010 and never managed to beat red or the elite four rematch because of how lovely the level scaling is

this has left me with a deep emptiness

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Ragg posted:

Give it a few years and you'll realize that a part of growing up is thinking that you're above cool poo poo like Pokemon, then realizing you're not actually above it and you've wasted several years of your life pretending you're better than it instead of enjoying it with a bottle of whiskey like a goddamn adult.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mach2 posted:

Give it a few years and you'll realize that a part of growing up is thinking that you're above cool poo poo like Pokemon, then realizing you're not actually above it and you've wasted several years of your life pretending you're better than it instead of enjoying it with a bottle of whiskey like a goddamn adult.

I don't pretend i'm above pokemon i just dont care about it, i never played the game and i dont watch the cartoon any more cuz i dont watch tv cuz ij ust sit in front of the pc all day.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

I don't pretend i'm above pokemon i just dont care about it, i never played the game and i dont watch the cartoon any more cuz i dont watch tv cuz ij ust sit in front of the pc all day.

Pokemon is chill.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pokemon is basically Dark Souls done right. There's a single player mode where you just kinda do whatevs and learn the mechanics, but there's also a rich metagame of online competitive battle. Pokemon is actually fun and has a decent difficulty curve though. Oh, and it also doesn't suck rear end AIDS.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

knuc the dark souls crowd is dangerous i dont think you should be messing with them

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

knuc the dark souls crowd is dangerous i dont think you should be messing with them

Dangerously gay.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dangerously gay.

:agreed:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Pokemon is basically Dark Souls done right. There's a single player mode where you just kinda do whatevs and learn the mechanics, but there's also a rich metagame of online competitive battle. Pokemon is actually fun and has a decent difficulty curve though. Oh, and it also doesn't suck rear end AIDS.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I liked gen 2 also, for what it's worth

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The gen 2 remakes were better because you could use the pedometer thing asap to get a kangaskhan and then dump your boring awful starter in a box and ignore all the lovely new age rattatas.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sentret and furret are absolutely the worst route 1 normal types ever

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

i got the gen 2 remake in 2010 and never managed to beat red or the elite four rematch because of how lovely the level scaling is

this has left me with a deep emptiness

i think i just bought a bunch of healing items and let the weather effect thats in place take care of all of red's stuff

but yeah the level scaling for the postgame was dumb as hell. and you had basically no good places to level.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The ice cream cone Pokemon is extremely dope

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

The ice cream cone Pokemon is extremely dope

He's ice type which automatically means he sucks balls.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He's ice type which automatically means he sucks balls.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
The franchise ran out of ideas as soon as they decided that players wanted to fight the eight gyms and elite four again.

Soral
May 30, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Sentret and furret are absolutely the worst route 1 normal types ever

zigzagoon is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Also nobody likes hidden stats

• Locked thread