Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jerusalem posted:

I see on the Steam Forums somebody posted a link to a method to remove all the extraneous stuff and only keep what you want, but it's only through viewing Steam through a browser and not the client itself. :(

If you don't already do this then you've been viewing the Steam store wrong your entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Recommended for you: Sunrider

:cripes:

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Gutcruncher posted:

Wow this new store is such a lovely clusterfuck. Hopefully they never update the iphone app so I can just buy from there or something. Why should I go out of my way to see a complete new release list? Why do I have to scroll past Youtube retards before getting to the games? Why does telling Steam you dont want a game not actually DO ANYTHING?

Why is it telling me to buy Street Fighter 4 because I play a lot of Ultra Street Fighter 4? Think, Gaben!

Yeah lemmie whip my wallet out asap

Because Steam doesn't have a flag for game x is an enhanced version of game y.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Oh poo poo, finally something to spend my hard earned cash on rather than mediocre FPSs!

What little I've seen of it seems very intense. Would you recommend it to someone who likes hack'n'slashes (Ex: Dynasty Warriors) but is not as good at spectacle fighters (DMCx)?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Morter posted:

Oh poo poo, finally something to spend my hard earned cash on rather than mediocre FPSs!

What little I've seen of it seems very intense. Would you recommend it to someone who likes hack'n'slashes (Ex: Dynasty Warriors) but is not as good at spectacle fighters (DMCx)?

It's a spectacle fighter, just like the DMC games, and is in some ways even more technically complex than them. If you're bad at those games to the point of not enjoying them, playing Metal Gear Rising is kind of a bad idea. You could always just chuck it on easy and play through one of the best/insane games of the last decade though.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Morter posted:

I'm a little interested in the game too but I'm concerned that it might be overloaded with QTEs, is it? If they're simple then that's fine really but anything that devolves into rhythm games or matches anything more than a single key press are a nuisance to me.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There are some QTEs for finishing moves but they get no more complex than "mash this button" or "hit these two buttons at the same time."

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Johnnyonoes posted:

Where is the forum link on a game's store page now?! drat you try hard UX design, Dammmnn yooouuuu.

There's a big button that goes to the community hub across from the game's title now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mokinokaro posted:

There are some QTEs for finishing moves but they get no more complex than "mash this button" or "hit these two buttons at the same time."

Yeah, alright that doesn't sound absolutely awful.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Out of all the spectacle fighters (never heard this term before?) Metal Gear Rising is by far the easiest. Hard mode is the equivalent to normal in every other one.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Broken Sword and Wasteland 2 certainly have a lot in common such as

Toki Tori is the worst game I've ever played by far.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Turns out the Revengeance purchase from Gamestop charges tax, so I'm paying a solid $8 (rather than $7.49) for it. Still not a bad deal, but just throwing this out there in case it matters.

Bubz
Mar 11, 2012
The Gamestop deal talks about US addresses only. Is there an easy way to circumvent this like with Amazon, or is this one trickier than just creating an account with a US address?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Bubz posted:

The Gamestop deal talks about US addresses only. Is there an easy way to circumvent this like with Amazon, or is this one trickier than just creating an account with a US address?

I was wondering the same thing. I.e. is the game region/account locked or can it be gifted?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
When steam tries to make recommendations on games I've played recently, are the tags they used based on the categories I have given the games myself? Like if I play Civ 5, and I've put it under my category Platformer, does steam still know it should be categorized as a Strategy game?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Steam's store page doesn't know your categories. It goes by the tag system.

And be warned that Rising is region locked on steam itself if you're buying it on that deal.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Has anyone who's ordered from Gamestop get their code already? I got an email saying the download code was ready, but my order history is empty.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Eruonen posted:

Broken Sword and Wasteland 2 certainly have a lot in common such as

do not disregard Toki Tori 2+, though. Good puzzler. Metroidvania with two inputs, and the puzzle is figuring out how the environment reacts to those two buttons.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

John Murdoch posted:

Has anyone out there happened to run this on an older/less powerful graphics card? They have the GTS 450 as their minimum; I'm still running with a GTX 260. My card is the only thing under specs.

I wanna get my Rules of Nature (and 20 gigs of uncompressed video) on. :(

I also have a GTX 260 and I haven't had many problems with Rising. I had to turn poo poo down, but that's pretty normal. Still runs pretty okay. :unsmith:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Eruonen posted:

Is it really that bad? People seem to like it more than the second one.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Morter posted:

Has anyone who's ordered from Gamestop get their code already? I got an email saying the download code was ready, but my order history is empty.

For me the code was right there in the order summary at the end of the transaction. :shrug:

And on that note, thanks to all the goons who posted that the game can totally run on a GTX 260. :toot:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

Is it really that bad? People seem to like it more than the second one.

There's nothing bad about it. It's a well reviewed, simple and straightforward little puzzle game. Goons just being hyperbolic again.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

For me the code was right there in the order summary at the end of the transaction. :shrug:

And on that note, thanks to all the goons who posted that the game can totally run on a GTX 260. :toot:

I'm getting one helluva runaround. When I finished the order online, it asked me for an email to send the order summary to. The Digital Download instructions email came up and instructed me back onto the gamestop site's order history for my account, which is blank. The hell? :smith:

Got it sorted out with Gamestop customer service. I apparently had to go to "Guest/In-store orders" to get my steam code, hah.

Also, :eyepop: 25 gigs

Morter fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 23, 2014

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Maybe you weren't actually logged in? There's a separate part of the account/order details thing for recovering orders made with a guest login. That's my best guess, anyway. This is actually the first time I've bought something from Gamestop since they dropped the Impulse stuff, so I was surprised they just handed over the key instantly.

gyger
Feb 19, 2010
Maybe I should stick to Tropico (4) but how is 1849?

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Palpek posted:

So nobody will bite the Gas Guzzlers 4-pack?

I sure as heck will. It's been on my wishlist for a minute.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/buffbeefbroth

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Is there a good way to browse the various steam emotes?

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

Those goddamn region locked games! :argh: Why didn't I get this when it was on Steam sale? :saddowns:

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

robziel posted:

Is there a good way to browse the various steam emotes?

I've been using this site: http://steam.tools/emoticons/#/

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Dominic White posted:

There's nothing bad about it. It's a well reviewed, simple and straightforward little puzzle game. Goons just being hyperbolic again.

No, I'm dead serious. There isn't a game I disliked more than Toki Tori.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
This quote sold me on it: "It's like Flatout, Mario kart and Twisted Metal had a threesome and had the baby born in Texas and after that moved to Russia to find jobs."

I'll grab a copy for $5 so long as goons co-op with me. I can buy.

Mung Dynasty posted:

I sure as heck will. It's been on my wishlist for a minute.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/buffbeefbroth

Added you as well.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 23, 2014

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Gas Guzzlers is a pretty decent car combat game.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The new Carmageddon needs to hurry up and be finished, god damnit. Stainless are the king. These pretenders to their throne will pay tribute when the kingdom is restored.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ddraig posted:

The new Carmageddon needs to hurry up and be finished, god damnit. Stainless are the king. These pretenders to their throne will pay tribute when the kingdom is restored.

Nah, carmageddon is about cat bashing and ped stomping, this is more about car combat.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Morter posted:

Also, :eyepop: 25 gigs
The majority of that is going to be high res video files. I think the actual game itself is around 2-4GB.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Eh, I guess I'll join the gas guzzlers four pack if there's room.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

duckfarts posted:

Nah, carmageddon is about cat bashing and ped stomping, this is more about car combat.
Carmageddon is car jousting. Guns are a waste of time.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

duckfarts posted:

Eh, I guess I'll join the gas guzzlers four pack if there's room.

That makes 4 - I'll contact you shortly.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, I played through Toki Tori back during the coal Christmas sale and (along with Hard Reset) it was one of the better super cheap games that I picked up. I have no idea how anyone could outright hate it. It's just a cute little puzzle game with decent puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I might theoretically be interested in a Gas Guzzlers 4-pack. Maybe. I dunno. I see there's a demo, I'll have to check that out first. I find it hard to believe that a game I've never heard of before right now is as good as Twisted Metal 2. But if there is, by God I want that game.

• Locked thread