Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It can't be that bad, can it? :ohdear:

With goon hyperbole I am sure it will be, but I think it looks pretty fun! They even got Wil Wheaton, Adrianne Curry, Terrell Owens, and Dwayne Richard (dude who scored the most Gauntlet points ever in the world) together for a blind run through and it looked like a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Zorato posted:

Somebody tell me Defense Grid 2 is good so that I can buy it thanks
I'm only about 5 maps or so in but it's just more Defense Grid with less interesting resource management (no interest from saved money). And seemingly slightly harder in general.

I'm enjoying it but I did the kickstarter so I basically got it for free (I assumed I'd never see more than the X-pack for my $15 or whatever it was I donated).

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ragequit posted:

With goon hyperbole I am sure it will be, but I think it looks pretty fun! They even got Wil Wheaton, Adrianne Curry, Terrell Owens, and Dwayne Richard (dude who scored the most Gauntlet points ever in the world) together for a blind run through and it looked like a good time.

It does in fact seem like a good game. Even if the Death rooms seem rather pointless.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Has the idea for SA to become a horrible games curator been brought up yet?

It should be a thing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Has the idea for SA to become a horrible games curator been brought up yet?

It should be a thing.

All that poo poo doesn't feel like it's worth the effort.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ragequit posted:

You can't just say this and not link it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Hah,

looks like this Shadows of Mordor bundle is totally worth it: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/49728/

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Ddraig posted:

This is sort of at odds with the director's commentary of Half-Life 2 et al where they basically throw the game at the biggest bunch of idiots they can find and tune their releases based on that. It's sort of depressing because I consider their games good, but they could be substantially better if they didn't try to pander to the lowest common denominator and dumb down everything because a playtester was an idiot and kept running around in circles.

Yeah, but this was millions of dollars ago. I'm not even sure if they're developing games anymore. Last 12 months they announced their version of Ouya and ported Half Life to Linux, that's about it. Kinda understandable given how much they earn on Steam but gutting nonetheless. They haven't announced anything this year apart from the fact that their revolutionary controller will have one analog stick.

The best thing about Steam right now is that it got Japanese devs to port their stuff to PC. We got Ikaruga, Dark Souls, Trails In The Sky, KOF13, MGSV. FF nerds will even have their "loving masterpieces" ported.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Terminally Bored posted:

The best thing about Steam right now is that it got Japanese devs to port their stuff to PC. We got Ikaruga, Dark Souls, Trails In The Sky, KOF13, MGSV. FF nerds will even have their "loving masterpieces" ported.

Don't forget Tekken 7 coming to Steam.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kin posted:

Hah,

looks like this Shadows of Mordor bundle is totally worth it: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/49728/

Yep that bundle is only useful for pounds.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Lance Streetman posted:

It is? Goddamn. Now they only have to port EDF 2025 and I'll die a happy man.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Lance Streetman posted:

Really? Or are you just taking the piss?

e: Holy poo poo. This is amazing.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Tekken-7-Coming-PC-With-Return-Jun-Kazama-66416.html

Tekken 7 is being developed in UE4, and PC is the leading development platform.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Still need Armored Core and Metal Wolf Chaos ports. It's about time that PC users got to play From Software's good games.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Iron Rose posted:

You can't just say this and not link it.

That would have been helpful I suppose!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6sxkZWcgcA

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Terminally Bored posted:

Obligatory me posting once again about we need Dragon's fuckin' Dogma for like the hundredth time in these threads.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Drifter posted:

I bought a 760 for myself after my 465 died and it's worlds better. The card runs quieter, cooler and with less power draw. I can play with shadows in my games now!

This feels to be future-proofed for quite a number of years.

Except Sunrider is an actually pretty goddamned good strategy board game with a fun enough story about space pirates and revenge by any definition, not to mention that it's free. It's really nicely done.

Do you maybe think the tea wasn't delicious? She just said it was.

Except for the part where no, Sunrider is not a good game(yet). The combat system has potential, but it's in obvious beta and there are only a couple of fights in the game anyway. The story certainly isn't anything special, and the game as a whole is incredibly short. It has potential in a way off in the future possibly kind of way, but as it is now it's not really worth playing unless you somehow have a clear backlog.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Orv posted:

Yep that bundle is only useful for pounds.

I don't think the bundle is useful for anybody is it?

Individually the season pass has 30% off, combined you only get 10% off. It costs an extra £7 if you don't add them to the cart separately.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So are curators basically like the billion lists on IMDB where people list "25 Must See Action movies!" or some poo poo?
It's worse, because you can't even reorder a list. So even if you care about random dude's 25 Must Play Action games, you can't even prioritize his #1 Must Play Action game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Humble PC&Android Bundle

$1
Thomas Was Alone
Bridge Constructor Playground
Cubemen
Cubemen 2

BTA
Blackwell Legacy
Blackwell Unbound
Blackwell Convergence
Small World 2
+ more games next week

$11
Surgeon Simulator
Anomaly Defenders

The blackwell series is pretty dope btw, except for the lovely voice acting

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Terminally Bored posted:

Yeah, but this was millions of dollars ago. I'm not even sure if they're developing games anymore. Last 12 months they announced their version of Ouya and ported Half Life to Linux, that's about it. Kinda understandable given how much they earn on Steam but gutting nonetheless. They haven't announced anything this year apart from the fact that their revolutionary controller will have one analog stick.

You're ignoring their constant patching and development of 3 really popular multiplayer games (tf2, dota 2, csgo) and leaks that revealed they're working on l4d3 and hl3.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Well look whats coming to Steam. Now if they released 12......

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What do you think the chances are of Epiphany being one of the new games?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Justin_Brett posted:

What do you think the chances are of Epiphany being one of the new games?
Probably slim but sometimes Humble Store has deals related to their bundles, so maybe it'll go on sale there sometime this week.

BTW the Humble Store end of summer sale encore day was extended for another 24 hours so it's running until tomorrow at 1 PM ET.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

strategery posted:

Well look whats coming to Steam. Now if they released 12......

Breadallelogram posted:

You're ignoring their constant patching and development of 3 really popular multiplayer games (tf2, dota 2, csgo) and leaks that revealed they're working on l4d3 and hl3.

Yeah. What PC gaming really needs is more TF2 hats. And more waiting for HL3.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So are curators basically like the billion lists on IMDB where people list "25 Must See Action movies!" or some poo poo?
Curators have been created for youtube superstars to promote their channels.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yeah other than that possibility this doesn't look that appealing, maybe something will surprise me next week.

Zorato
Nov 2, 2007

^ me reading your post

Darkhold posted:

I'm only about 5 maps or so in but it's just more Defense Grid with less interesting resource management (no interest from saved money). And seemingly slightly harder in general.

I'm enjoying it but I did the kickstarter so I basically got it for free (I assumed I'd never see more than the X-pack for my $15 or whatever it was I donated).

Aw, man. Gaining interest from saved money was really cool.

I do love Defense Grid but I'll probably wait for a sale.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Also a neat list of adventure games:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Quest For Glory II posted:

Humble PC&Android Bundle

$11
Surgeon Simulator

In what world does Surgeon Sim belong in the top price tier?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
So aside from the general JRPG hate how is FFXIII? I stopped playing the series at FF7 and was always curious about picking up one of the newer ones.

I'm ok with it being fairly linear (though I hear it's pretty much one long hallway? Is this accurate?) As long as the combat is fun.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Palpek posted:

Also a neat list of adventure games:

That's not a problem with the algorithm and more a long, long-term problem that Steam has had in defining its genres. Those games are listed in the Steam database as "Adventure" games. Just like Tomb Raider and I think Far Cry 3 are considered "Adventure" games. I hope they eventually do recommendations based on your preferred tags.

You have no idea how annoying it is, as a point n click adventure fan, to have to wade through shooters, platformers, and other genres in the "Adventure" category just to find actual adventure games. This has been a thing for years.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kin posted:

I don't think the bundle is useful for anybody is it?

Individually the season pass has 30% off, combined you only get 10% off. It costs an extra £7 if you don't add them to the cart separately.

You're correct, I was misremembering a post in the SoM thread.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Darkhold posted:

I'm ok with it being fairly linear (though I hear it's pretty much one long hallway? Is this accurate?) As long as the combat is fun.

A lot of people enjoyed the combat. I didn't, personally, but I don't really care for combat systems where the AI has a lot of control regardless of how smart it is--and FF13's is very good at what it does.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Darkhold posted:

Fairly linear is an understatement. The first 25 hours or so consists of the game holding your hand, forcing you down an unending series of hallways, and not letting you change party members. After that point it turns into a really lovely version of monster hunter.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
:agreed: that Gauntlet is pretty fun so far

There is an option for old school graphics or something, tho, and it was pretty :goatdrugs:

fake edit: it looks kind of cool in the screen shot but its all just a filter/post effect and it looked really weird in action

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Quest For Glory II posted:

That's not a problem with the algorithm and more a long, long-term problem that Steam has had in defining its genres. Those games are listed in the Steam database as "Adventure" games. Just like Tomb Raider and I think Far Cry 3 are considered "Adventure" games. I hope they eventually do recommendations based on your preferred tags.

You have no idea how annoying it is, as a point n click adventure fan, to have to wade through shooters, platformers, and other genres in the "Adventure" category just to find actual adventure games. This has been a thing for years.

Also, literally everything on Steam is Action, including things that are not even tagged Action. I just found Train Sim 2015 on page 2 there.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah the Classic option looks stupid as hell, even more-so given that the game itself is actually quite pretty.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zombie Samurai posted:

Also, literally everything on Steam is Action, including things that are not even tagged Action. I just found Train Sim 2015 on page 2 there.

If you don't feel a thrill behind the controls of a finely tuned locomotive, you might not be alive my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I think I might have misclicked something in steam inventory helper (don't remember doing so, but that's the only explanation that comes to mind) and the "sell multiple items" button is gone (just after I removed a bunch of steam cards in order to relist them). Google doesn't really help. How do I re-enable it?

• Locked thread