Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hockles posted:

Vintage Bernie or bust

Reebok would need special permits to sell whiskey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I got a couple Bengals jerseys from Alexpress (Burfict, Eifert) and they're probably the best quality fakes I've seen for Nike Bengals jerseys. They are much, much better than the fakes I've seen in Korea. Still lovely stitching though.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Hockles posted:

Vintage Bernie or bust

I have one :smug:.

I need to get my Braylon Edwards converted to a Sipe though...

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

If any of you are interested in old Reebok throwback jerseys a friend of mine posted a pretty cool haul on Ebay.

Steelers Rod Woodson

Colts Eric Dickerson

Broncos Terrel Davis

Jets Joe Namath

Bears Richard Dent

I was going to bid on the Namath but then I saw $60 for shipping.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I was going to bid on the Namath but then I saw $60 for shipping.

Aw poo poo, I didn't even see that. Sorry man, there isn't any excuse for charging $60 to mail a loving shirt.

*edit*
I believe you can send him a message on Ebay inquiring why the price is so high.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't know, he's the guy I feel most comfortable getting a jersey made up of honestly. (I know he's not exactly up there on the GOAT list of Browns players).

I do have two Cribbs jersey mainly because he seems to really support my alma mater, and his career highlights are pretty solid.

I don't feel comfortable getting say, a Manziel or Gordon jersey right now because my past three Browns jerseys have been uhh...well...things havn't turned out well for the players I had (Couch, Edwards and Quinn fwiw).

Get a Metcalf jersey and always try to push your way through big crowds.

In that one Browns concept, are the helmets glossy, metallic, or pearlescent?

It's OK I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If I were interested in a throwback Browns jersey I'd probably get a Webster Slaughter. Or just go really old school and get a Paul Warfield.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

You have so many players to choose from.
Slaughter
Brennan
Dixon
Minnifield
Kosar
Byner (heh)
Mack
Langhorne
Gerald "ice cube" McNeil
Newsome, I guess

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd get a Haden. Dude owns.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is the aliexpress jersey I got last month. It's the best fake I've seen for the Bengals, but it still has a few problems.

Looks really good from a distance. The only thing you'd maybe notice are the sleeves are a bit too bright. You'd have to be looking for it and have a real one for comparison though.

Most of these don't have that orange stripe over the sleeve. It's the easiest way to spot most fakes. The stitching kinda sucks but that's tough to notice unless you're touching it.

The big give away that it's fake is the collar. It's cut different than the real thing and there's no wire in the weird stitching they use. It's simulated with a bit of a decal but there's nothing in it.

Overall I like it. Definitely worth :20bux:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah for 20 bucks that's pretty awesome

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I just bought a Sherman jersey. I'll post pictures if I get it and my identity doesn't get stolen.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

Looks good man. Still gun shy about getting an Eagles one though.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

This is the aliexpress jersey I got last month. It's the best fake I've seen for the Bengals, but it still has a few problems.

There are a few on that link, can you link (or pm if you'd rather) the specific one?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I ordered two. One from Julie Kim and one from Kung Fu Panda. They were both more or less the same. The other was the Eifert Jersey for my wife. Both black.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Seriously debating between getting a Keenan Allen jersey or a DJ Fluker jersey

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Eifert Posting posted:

I like the brightness, actually. How long did it take for shipping? I think I need to jump on grabbing a EJ Manuel

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I like the brightness, actually. How long did it take for shipping? I think I need to jump on grabbing a EJ Manuel

I live in Korea...

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Keenan Allen. I feel like you need to be a huge person to pull off Fluker.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

Keenan Allen. I feel like you need to be a huge person to pull off Fluker.

I feel like Ross's frame would be perfect for a Fluker jersey.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Man you've got to get a Fluker. The following quote is Ben Muth on Kyle Long in the game against SF, but it still applies to the following play by Fluker.

quote:

Even the best linemen in the NFL are not the bulldozers they are often portrayed to be. They are not knocking guys 5 yards off the ball and dumping them on their backs. You'll see the odd play like that, but they are very few and far in between. What an actual dominant offensive lineman looks like is a guard hooking a three technique off the snap, forcing him to lose his gap, and driving him 1 or 2 yards off the ball as the running back hits a nice little lane in the B gap. It's not an offensive tackle crumpling some guy with a massive punch in pass protection; it's staying between your man and the quarterback for all 40 pass attempts. This isn't high school. Being dominant in the NFL means just doing your job consistently and relentlessly for four quarters of a game.

Actually, forget everything I just said. Did you just see that trap block?! That's Justin Smith playing the Brad Pitt to Kyle Long's bus in the first five minutes of Meet Joe Black (can you spoil something that happens in the first five minutes of a movie?). That's not supposed to happen on a trap play in the NFL. That's what happens when Alabama plays Savannah State. Sure, Kyle Long's technique is very sound here (he takes a great first step, makes contact with his backfield shoulder, and rolls his hips like nobody's business), but talking about technique on a play like that just takes the magic out of it. Just enjoy Kyle Long turning an NFL game into one of those absurd, physic-defying scenes you in a football movie like Varsity Blues.

But as I said, those kind of over-the-top blocks are few and far between. Far more common is an offensive lineman having shoddy technique and getting beat in the most predictable way imaginable. For examples of this, we go to Jordan Mills' pass blocking from the second quarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUIf6vB6nU

Eifert Posting posted:

I feel like Ross's frame would be perfect for a Fluker jersey.

Word.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

Man you've got to get a Fluker. The following quote is Ben Muth on Kyle Long in the game against SF, but it still applies to the following play by Fluker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUIf6vB6nU

Word.

Well I'm sold

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008
Fluker is the freaking man.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
For the second of two home games so far this year, the Browns are wearing white

Did Nike somehow gently caress up the Browns' brown jerseys like they did the Eagles' green??

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

football fuckerman posted:

For the second of two home games so far this year, the Browns are wearing white

Did Nike somehow gently caress up the Browns' brown jerseys like they did the Eagles' green??

The Browns traditionally wear White at home. Sort of like how LSU rarely wears Purple.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
Also, IIRC the Nike Browns uniforms aren't until next year anyway. Any fuckups can be attributed right back to the Browns, as per usual.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Multiplesarcasm posted:

Also, IIRC the Nike Browns uniforms aren't until next year anyway. Any fuckups can be attributed right back to the Browns, as per usual.

The Browns have Nike uniforms, complete with all the Nikeisms. They just didn't really change anything. We just are waiting until next year to find out the visual changes, strips, colors, etc that "new" uniforms bring.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
What the fuckerman was questioning is that, much like what happened with the Eagles' green jerseys, Nike was unable to produce the correct color with their special SPACE AGE FABRICS and they looked off. So to remedy that the team has instead opted to wear white.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

KettleWL posted:

What the fuckerman was questioning is that, much like what happened with the Eagles' green jerseys, Nike was unable to produce the correct color with their special SPACE AGE FABRICS and they looked off. So to remedy that the team has instead opted to wear white.

I get it now. Looking back at the pictures page for the Browns, they have worn white in every game so far this year. 3-4 times they wore Brown pants in addition to their white tops. So, maybe that is a thing.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
Whoops. Let's get a round of applause for brown pants though.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In a just world the Browns would never wear anything other than white/white. Like if the Season opener is in Tampa 1PM and the Bucs want to wear white jerseys cause of the heat the Browns should be able to tell them to stuff it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

In a just world the Browns would never wear anything other than white/white. Like if the Season opener is in Tampa 1PM and the Bucs want to wear white jerseys cause of the heat the Browns should be able to tell them to stuff it.

I love white and white too, but I'd like to see brown and white sometime this year. Unlike with the eagles, Nike hasn't admitted to loving up the color of the Browns unis this year so I don't understand the lack of brown jerseys

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Gonna need one of these.

Jersey talk: for those who have ordered from Aliexpress - which seller did you use?

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
Just got my only on team for one year revis jersey in from newyukijersey and I'd say its the best knockoff I've gotten yet. Biggest issues with first four Reebok's was front pats logo was real bad, this one much cleaner. Can post pics if anyone wants to see.

Also ordered one off of aliexpress on same date that hasn't arrived yet but was half the price.

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

Diggie posted:

I just bought a Sherman jersey. I'll post pictures if I get it and my identity doesn't get stolen.

My jersey is at the house :woop: . Not bad on the shipping time. When I get out of class tonight I'll make sure to post some pictures.

Here's hoping I didn't get a "Herman" jersey.

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/AUzyH

Only thing I can tell is the name is a little crooked and the NFL logo is sewn a little off center. Super happy with it, though. It does seem small to be a 3x. More reason for my fat rear end to lose some weight.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/346295

Diggie fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 30, 2014

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

I got mine from this one. They showed up in 10 days and are pretty freaking nice, if a tad on the small side. Or I'm fat. Probably the fat.

Also they smell weird, it's probably SARS.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do yours have the actual stitching on the nike necklace doohickey or is it a decal?

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Do yours have the actual stitching on the nike necklace doohickey or is it a decal?

Mine has actual stitching over what seems like a decal. Check out the album I posted, the picture of the NFL logo shows the stitching.

Shredder posted:

I got mine from this one. They showed up in 10 days and are pretty freaking nice, if a tad on the small side. Or I'm fat. Probably the fat.

Also they smell weird, it's probably SARS.

I wrote off the smell as "generic new clothes smell". I feel ya on the size thing. A few shops offered a 4x, but I'd probably have to kill myself if I ever bought 4x clothes.

Diggie fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 2, 2014

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Eifert Posting posted:

Here's some pics, sorry for the delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Weren't the Packers one of the teams who opted out of the Nike Flywire and other "enhancements"?

• Locked thread