Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

bowser posted:

Question: Which two guests/characters that have never shared an episode would you like to see (hear) together? I'll go with the obvious: Geno and Traci Reardon.

Pamela Murphy and Andy Daly doing Bridgette Murphy and Patrick McMahon.

Seriously Pamela was fantastic on the CBB where she was the woman who swam across the English Channel but was constantly hung up on her awful boyfriend. "His friend's name is Pipe...Collado."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Usually I only like Pamela Murphy on I4H, but I have to say I loved this character. Probably because Scott loved it so much, and instantly pushed her into weirder and weirder ground. I never watched the State, so I don't know Kevin Allison, but he certainly sounds like a less annoying, more gay Pete Holmes.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Pamela was one of my favorite guests in a while, because you could FEEL her taking the ball and running with it, then being surprised where she ended up, then going with it again.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Boy, the guy who hates repetition is gonna love this episode

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Todd is one of my favorite underused characters and this episode is hilarious.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

xbilkis posted:

Seriously, I don't know if it's the sleep deprivation or what, but I'm losing my poo poo during that part. I hate anyone who doesn't love it.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Can a podcast be cancelled?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

xbilkis posted:

The plugs song nearly killed me.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Then go walk in front of... Chinese Theater?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

GraPar posted:

Can a podcast be cancelled?

*pours one out for Reality Show Show*

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Then go walk in front of... Chinese Theater?

And there are lots of bars... stars?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
When they spent 2-3 times going over the middle lyric and then all stopping and completely forgetting the part they had the easiest with before I was laffin' like crazy.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Guy who hates repetition here!

I have only just finished listening to the Joe Lo Truglio/Beth Dover episode (311). I didn't realise there was a new episode - I just thought you guys were just talking about how repetitive Scott was in that one. (He did the "comedy b-bing bang" stuttering bit a LOT, and he really leaned on his hilary-us misprownuncing words gimmick.)

The idea that it gets MORE annoying almost makes me not want to listen to the new ep...But on the other hand, I kinda like Andy Samberg and I really like Lauren Lapkus, sooo... :ohdear:

Power of Pecota posted:

...but seriously, we met under a bridge.
Sorry, I don't remember this. I'm disappointing in every way!

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

VagueRant posted:

Sorry, I don't remember this. I'm disappointing in every way!

first Don't Stop Or We'll Die episode.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They met under a bridge.

lol not really though, they actually met... under a bridge.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

As someone who could have easily sung the Hollywood Facts theme from memory before listening to the newest episode, I didn't get a lot out of this one.

But seriously, laughed a lot.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

VagueRant posted:

The idea that it gets MORE annoying almost makes me not want to listen to the new ep...

good, don't

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Really liked the new one. C+

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This episode was funny

cams
Mar 28, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

Really liked the new one. C+
Andy does ask any listeners to give the episode a letter grade at the end. So yeah, I agree, it was really great. Exceptional, to be honest. C+

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I didn't really like it that much. One of the worst episodes of the year. C+.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
It was poo poo. B+.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I even liked that song and they RUINED it so completely. I had to listen to the whole thing hunched over my ipod with a trembling thumb poised over the fastforward button and eyes wide so I could see the time mark to know to skip twenty seconds. Goddamn it, I hate repetition so much.

First half or two thirds: C grade. (I liked Todd. Andy was kinda boring, though he got into it by the time the lawyer came in.)
Last third or so: F. Cancel the podcast.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

VagueRant posted:

I even liked that song and they RUINED it so completely. I had to listen to the whole thing hunched over my ipod with a trembling thumb poised over the fastforward button and eyes wide so I could see the time mark to know to skip twenty seconds. Goddamn it, I hate repetition so much.

First half or two thirds: C grade. (I liked Todd. Andy was kinda boring, though he got into it by the time the lawyer came in.)

You are wrong it was very funny. Though having said that, your post was outstanding. C+.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Repetition gags are some of my favorites and Samberg/Lapkus are always great guests. C+

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Go to Inglewood now.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It's the Hollywood Facts and we're going downtown. We're going to Inglewood now. You gotta do your facts and know your stars. There's glitz and glamour and lots of bars. Get a drink, in a club. Then go walk in front of the Chinese theatre. Hollywood Facts. Take out your diiiiiiick. Check out the facts, it's the Hollywood Facts. Bro.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

tnimark posted:

It's the Hollywood Facts and we're going downtown. We're going to Inglewood now. You gotta do your facts and know your stars. There's glitz and glamour and lots of bars. Get a drink, in a club. Then go walk in front of the Chinese theatre. Hollywood Facts. Take out your diiiiiiick. Check out the facts, it's the Hollywood Facts. Bro.

There isn't a the in front of chinese theatre is there?

It's more "Then go walk in front of. Chinese theatre!"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Let's listen to it again.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
You're all terrible people.

Also, you missed the "Nice" and the really annoying intro that is, in itself, repetitive. The "lots of bars" part annoys me every time because for some weird reason my brain expects it to go "glitz and glamour and fancy cars" or something else with cars. I don't even know why.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
DOO DOO DOO DOO I died when it was the Would you Rather song even though I knew it was coming. I love repetition. C+.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I liked when someone said "nice" and that kicked them into it, and also the time when you could hear Andy say "nooooo" quietly in the background when it kicked in.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

tnimark posted:

That's a good song!

e: I loving lost my poo poo when they did it as Andy's plug song. Like, it was so obvious it was coming and my brain knew it was coming but as soon as they launched into it I fell apart in my car and my girlfriend who was walking over to the car asked what the hell was wrong with me when she got in.

Fantastic ep, C+

How are u fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 24, 2014

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mennoknight posted:

DOO DOO DOO DOO I died when it was the Would you Rather song even though I knew it was coming. I love repetition. C+.

When Scott insisted that they play a "real" Plugs song I was hoping like crazy that he was just setting up a fake-out.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
When is Lapkus getting her own Earwolf show already, she's the best.

Anyone who doesn't like this episode probably hasn't been listening since the original Hollywood Facts recording thus not able to appreciate what an amazing callback it was and you aren't a REAL FAN like people who liked it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Repeatedly posting about how you dislike repetition.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

When is Lapkus getting her own Earwolf show already, she's the best.

Soon! Kulap said on a two charted a few weeks back that it's going to be an interview show where the guest is the host and Lapkus plays a character.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Speaking of people who should have their own podcasts, we're rapidly running out of this year for PFT to make good on his "The Pod F. Tompkast will return this year" promise. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Speaking of people who should have their own podcasts, we're rapidly running out of this year for PFT to make good on his "The Pod F. Tompkast will return this year" promise. :ohdear:

This tweet in July gave me hope but still nothing
https://twitter.com/Pod_F_Tompkast/status/486265881945985024