Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Frankenstyle posted:

Oh poo poo. I have no doubt Xean set permissions like that to keep any more of those dirty SFD types from joining his fleet and tainting it with their filthy contributions again.

That is exactly what he did. He also demoted nearly everyone, including co-leaders of the fleet, who he suspected of aiding Dentals/not caring about Dentals/etc. When we got invited to his fleet, we saw he was in the process of demoting rank 7s downward (there is an hours-long countdown when removing co-leaders).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Dootman posted:

People play this game with the voice acting turned on?

One of the first things I did with this game. The voice acting is indeed horrible.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.

CommissarMega posted:

Hakeev's awesome though; it's surprising his acting isn't preceded by a flashing Omega symbol for all the scenery he masticates.

SKY COQ posted:

Doctor Cooper may be the most annoying of the lot. Whiny little poo poo.

Hakeev/Shon/Cooper have the same VA. :v:

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

What's a Narcine Dreadnought Carrier worth? I have been playing this game crazy casual for a long time. I just like going into space and shooting other big ships. I just bought a Jem'Hadar carrier after saving lobi crystal for a long rear end time.

I opened a box and got the carrier and about 50 pms. Lots of people offering keys and credits for it. How much is this thing really worth because I wanna go shopping.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MOOBS! posted:

What's a Narcine Dreadnought Carrier worth? I have been playing this game crazy casual for a long time. I just like going into space and shooting other big ships. I just bought a Jem'Hadar carrier after saving lobi crystal for a long rear end time.

I opened a box and got the carrier and about 50 pms. Lots of people offering keys and credits for it. How much is this thing really worth because I wanna go shopping.

I hope you didn't buy the JH dread with the lobi crystals :(

As for the Narcine, check the exchange under reward packs. Last I checked it was like 180mil.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Korgan posted:

I hope you didn't buy the JH dread with the lobi crystals :(
As for the Narcine, check the exchange under reward packs. Last I checked it was like 180mil.

Checked yesterday and it was back down below 140m.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Very small update to the leaks page.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Who, what, or when, or how is Butts?

edit: also why?

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://imgur.com/a/f6xHM

I decided to make another screenshot uniform guide for feds.

This time covering a historical tropical excursion outfit, ideal for all your reenactment needs on Risa. Also included is a parade ground uniform for those evenings that need a little more class, though it's still functional enough for taking to the street for a night on the town as well!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So now they're going to let you upgrade to Mark 13 equipment this thursday? Am I reading that right?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yep. It's not that bad an idea really, get people used to the system and getting part way prepared without dumping everything in the player's lap right before the expansion hits.

Just keep in mind the mark upgrades are the cheap and easy part, it's the quality upgrades that are random overpriced bullshit. :v:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Plus there's something delightfully trekkie about having the computer report stuff to you.

Mostly this.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Baron Porkface posted:

Who, what, or when, or how is Butts?

edit: also why?

I'm butts.

Edit: Do pubbies still think I play this game 24/7?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

BombermanX posted:

I'm butts.

Edit: Do pubbies still think I play this game 24/7?

Actually they think everyone is Acidcouch now, from what I've seen.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

Actually they think everyone is Acidcouch now, from what I've seen.

AcidCouch did play that game a lot. I just idled and sprayed everyone for hours on end.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

BombermanX posted:

AcidCouch did play that game a lot. I just idled and sprayed everyone for hours on end.

I think their new formula is: Everyone = Nbreeki = Xean = Butts = Acidcouch

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hey you guys still play this game? I lost everything in the account transfer, I sure love leveling my level 40 again, and attempting to buy my ships again with most of their prices increased. :shepface:

I'm @Axe-man for secret global channel/maybe fleet if it still exists or whatever invite

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Axe-man posted:

Hey you guys still play this game? I lost everything in the account transfer, I sure love leveling my level 40 again, and attempting to buy my ships again with most of their prices increased. :shepface:

I'm @Axe-man for secret global channel/maybe fleet if it still exists or whatever invite

You're invited to TheNextGooneration, someone will invite you to Dental or Nerds of Prey if you ask in there.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hang on, what level do you have to be to use Mk13? Wouldn't you have to be 51 by the game's mechanics?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Axe-man posted:

Hey, the prices of ships haven't changed any! It's just that when Cryptic was bought by PWE a while back they changed how the store worked and rejiggered the ratio between cash money and fun money. The actual zen totals are higher, but actual costs haven't changed any.

Of course you'll need a fleet ship, which is a surcharge in the way of fleet modules, and probably a T5U token upgrade next month, but...

MikeJF posted:

Hang on, what level do you have to be to use Mk13? Wouldn't you have to be 51 by the game's mechanics?
I think MkXIII is usable by 50, but XIV is 51+.

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
I know literally nothing about Star Trek. That makes me very qualified for TheNextGooneration. I am @sharkbeard

I just started yesterday, and I have still not used a gun unless I am required to by tutorials or the like, I've only punched poo poo. Space combat is neat, but not really interactive on the first level.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Asimo posted:

Just keep in mind the mark upgrades are the cheap and easy part, it's the quality upgrades that are random overpriced bullshit. :v:

Is it as difficult and rare to go from blue to purple as it is to go from purple to orange?

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

MikeJF posted:

Is it as difficult and rare to go from blue to purple as it is to go from purple to orange?
Easier. There's an ultraviolet step in-between purple and orange/gold.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lorak posted:

Easier. There's an ultraviolet step in-between purple and orange/gold.

Oh, yeah, forgot. But I take it from that that blue->purple is the same rarity as purple->ultraviolet?

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

MikeJF posted:

Oh, yeah, forgot. But I take it from that that blue->purple is the same rarity as purple->ultraviolet?

According to a post on the tribble board, upgrading an item by 1 mark has a base 10% chance to take it from blue to purple, a 5% chance to take it from purple to ultraviolet (which is manifestly not ultraviolet colored :colbert:), and a 2.5% chance to take it from ultraviolet to gold. These chances are cumulative, so if you upgrade a purple one rank and miss your 5% chance, the next rank gives you a 10% chance, and so on. There are also ways to increase this chance; the superior experimental tech kits (using drops from elite queues, I believe) have double the chance for a rarity upgrade. I assume the upgrade accelerators might help as well, but I'm not sure.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 25, 2014

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Asimo posted:

I think MkXIII is usable by 50, but XIV is 51+.

You can advance beyond 50 now?

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
I'm not honestly sure that I care enough about gold equipment to bother with it, considering it's dilithium every time you try for it?

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

BombermanX posted:

You can advance beyond 50 now?

In the next season coming next month they are making it so you can advance to 60.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Axe-man posted:

Axe! No! Don't touch it! It's evil!

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Melchior posted:

I'm not honestly sure that I care enough about gold equipment to bother with it, considering it's dilithium every time you try for it?
Yes, it's dil for every attempt. You're guaranteed to eventually get a rarity increase, but you're looking at several hundred thousand per item to get from purple to gold. And of course most items will pick a random modifier when upgraded. Hope you like spending tons of dil to add [DMG] to your weapons!

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

g0del posted:

Yes, it's dil for every attempt. You're guaranteed to eventually get a rarity increase, but you're looking at several hundred thousand per item to get from purple to gold. And of course most items will pick a random modifier when upgraded. Hope you like spending tons of dil to add [DMG] to your weapons!

To be fair, gear gets a static upgrade going from ultraviolet to gold, so if you start with fleet items you don't have to worry about this.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:downs: I upgraded my kin cutting beam to mk XIII and I now no longer get the set bonus from having the assimilated module... which can't be upgraded yet.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Bremen posted:

To be fair, gear gets a static upgrade going from ultraviolet to gold, so if you start with fleet items you don't have to worry about this.

Yeah but fleet guns already get stuck with 2 damage mods or 1 dmg mod and a lovely proc for elites.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

-Troika- posted:

:downs: I upgraded my kin cutting beam to mk XIII and I now no longer get the set bonus from having the assimilated module... which can't be upgraded yet.

Yeah, I've been following the tribble discussion thread and I was shocked they decided to launch the upgrades early, it sounds like it's still really buggy (Obligatory "that never stopped them before" goes here). I'm just going to collect my free shinies and wait for DR, possibly longer.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Can I upgrade spiral wave disruptors yet? Today's patch notes say something about the retro screech beams being possible but since they're not lobi items I don't know about SWDs.

I've been kind of taking a break until delta rising comes out - Skyrim seems to be a good substitute.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bremen posted:

According to a post on the tribble board, upgrading an item by 1 mark has a base 10% chance to take it from blue to purple, a 5% chance to take it from purple to ultraviolet (which is manifestly not ultraviolet colored :colbert:), and a 2.5% chance to take it from ultraviolet to gold. These chances are cumulative, so if you upgrade a purple one rank and miss your 5% chance, the next rank gives you a 10% chance, and so on. There are also ways to increase this chance; the superior experimental tech kits (using drops from elite queues, I believe) have double the chance for a rarity upgrade. I assume the upgrade accelerators might help as well, but I'm not sure.

Well, that's something at least, I guess. There's a few special mission reward blues I'd like to use and I'd like them to be at the very least purple. Can't be bothered with beyond purple, though.

Speaking of special mission reward blue upgrades, someone please make that crazy plasma burn gimmick build with fully upgraded caustic plasma and report back.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

sharkbeard posted:

I know literally nothing about Star Trek. That makes me very qualified for TheNextGooneration. I am @sharkbeard

I just started yesterday, and I have still not used a gun unless I am required to by tutorials or the like, I've only punched poo poo. Space combat is neat, but not really interactive on the first level.

You're invited to TheNextGooneration, have fun.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Melchior posted:

Can I upgrade spiral wave disruptors yet? Today's patch notes say something about the retro screech beams being possible but since they're not lobi items I don't know about SWDs.

I've been kind of taking a break until delta rising comes out - Skyrim seems to be a good substitute.

Yes. They convert to Mk XII purples for a fairly nice increase when you start to upgrade them, then you go straight to mk XIII.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Be careful playing around with the upgrade system. The official forums are full of bug reports about items that get lowered stats when upgraded. And this is cryptic, so don't assume that any items broken by the upgrade system will get fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Main one I noticed is the Nukara Particle Converter actually loses a few skill points when you convert it from unranked to a mark item. Which I'm pretty sure happens just by putting it it in the upgrade UI. :downs: I've also heard reports of embassy consoles getting swapped for other embassy consoles on upgrade, but haven't dared attempt it myself. There's also a lot of less-critical bugs like bugged item names or set bonuses breaking.

Whole thing is a colossal clusterfuck.

• Locked thread