Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brock Landers
Jul 28, 2004

You're a donkey. I like that.
The bends are coming from inside the phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sex parrot kill this thread while you still have a chance. Bendghazigate is what finally broke the iPhone community.

:rip:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Everyone post terrible things Steve allowed to happen:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
*mentions phone bending*

"OMFG YOU IDIOT STOP COMPLAINING [SARCASTIC COMMENT ABOUT APPLE BEING DOOMED]"

ninja edit: This can be attached to anything ranging from: how wide you think the phone is, the lack of iPhone 6 supported apps, how you would make features behave differently, 8.0.2, and the list goes on! Call now to find out more. 1-800-drat

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
What weirdos go back and read message history?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Can I download 8.0.1 yet I just got a prompt.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Can I download 8.0.1 yet I just got a prompt.

We need a canary, so go for it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Serious question: isn't this the old version of iCloud that's still a crap subscription?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bottom Liner posted:

Serious question: isn't this the old version of iCloud that's still a crap subscription?

Mobile me does not exist in any form today. iCloud replaced it completely.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

So, "yes".

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Did MobileMe actually do anything different to what iCloud is, though? I only start using Mac products in the last few years so I missed the boat on what it was.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

We need a canary, so go for it.

Unable to verify

:downs:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

You are so wrong. The iPod HiFi is a BEAST! It really does sound fantastic, I wish they made a bluetooth version.

And it actually goes for more used on eBay now than it ever cost new.

Actual Steve thing:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I want an iPhone sock. I still rock my Mobileme account. It's my primary email.

edit: The cube is awesome. I wish I had one for nostalgia. I think we can all agree the puck mouse takes the cake for bad design/idea.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The HiFi sounds great if you still live in 2006.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I know that U2 is labeled 'dad rock' around here but they are still a pretty big draw. Giving an album away was a good idea. The auto-download thing is the big failure here.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

MobileMe sucked in the beginning, but was awesome afterwards; I still miss the gallery functions. And anyone who thinks the Cube sucked has no heart, no heart at all.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I have a confession, when I would travel I would put my iPod in a sock. Not an Apple Sock™, like a regular, clean sock.

It never bent

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I liked my grey iPod sock. :saddowns:

Kept my iPod warm during the cold winter months.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

All this bending talk reminds me of this old gem. I don't suspect many of you here will be familiar with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et9fD8JS_nw

Great album. The Satellite Years is one of those albums that if I hear five seconds of it I have to listen to the whole thing.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Can anyone recommend a good very short or retractable Lightning to USB charging cable? The company I work for is going to be putting out USB power packs soon so I'm going to grab a really slim wallet sized one, so a cable that fits in my wallet would be equally handy for me.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I have a 4 inch Belkin cable that's well constructed and works flawlessly.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Piquai Souban posted:

The battery life is pretty amazing - my 5 would die at the end of a long morning commute on cold days, the 6+ is around 70%.

Can't compare the 6+ to a 6, but it can handle challenging light well. Got this out of the stock camera app with auto-HDR:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rohit_saxena/15127870849/

Had my SLR and pro lens, but this was much easier. Not all pictures turn out like that, but I try a lot more with the 6+ camera since seeing that.

Yeah, that's sick.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

EpicNemesis posted:

I have a confession, when I would travel I would put my iPod in a sock. Not an Apple Sock™, like a regular, clean sock.

It never bent

This is actually my hiking phone protection as well, phone inside a couple of ziplocks, inside a big sock. I'm not gentle with my packs and it goes through river fording and poo poo with no damage. I would consider a pelican case but they tend to weigh nearly a pound on their own so gently caress that.

The whole bag contents also get stuffed inside a contractor garbage bag (the thick plastic ones that cost like a buck) inside my pack, so the sock never gets wet.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sooo has it just been the Plus that people have been bending or does the regular 6 do it too?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

fleshweasel posted:

Sooo has it just been the Plus that people have been bending or does the regular 6 do it too?

It seems to be mostly 6+'s

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I just don't understand how you could exert enough pressure in your front pocket to bend your phone but not seriously hurt your leg or hip.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

prom candy posted:

I just don't understand how you could exert enough pressure in your front pocket to bend your phone but not seriously hurt your leg or hip.

Hit a gym once and a while chump. :smugdog:

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?

prom candy posted:

fat.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

pzy posted:

Actual Steve thing:

That was just to train you for the future free of optical drives, and offered negative reinforcement in the form of powering down and evaporating your work if you tried to hold onto the past and insert or eject a CD.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Here's a fun display of the evolution of the camera in iPhones:

http://snapsnapsnap.photos/how-does-the-iphone-6-camera-compare-to-previous-iphone-cameras/

The advances in the latest devices are a bit more subtle, but if you pixel peep the new stuff is clearly superior.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So how are all the cool kids selling their old iPhones now? Gazelle and Amazon seem to lowball like crazy and eBay's fees are horrible. Is SA-Mart the best way to play?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

AlternateAccount posted:

So how are all the cool kids selling their old iPhones now? Gazelle and Amazon seem to lowball like crazy and eBay's fees are horrible. Is SA-Mart the best way to play?

I sold my unlocked 16GB 5S on SA-Mart for $400. Would recommend. A++++

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

prom candy posted:

These are my legs. Hulk feels no pain.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bottom Liner posted:

Wow, do you eat at McDonalds recreationally, fatty

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Sweet legs bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Is quads you can bend an iPhone over the new bounce a quarter off their butt?