Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm not even sure when it arrived in Steam, but I haven't seen it until now:

Darkstone is on Steam and half off, for a pittance of 2,49 euros.
It's an ancient Diablo clone (from 1999, so before D2) and it's absolutely a hidden gem (so indeed a dark stone :downsrim:) of a game.

In a time when ARPGs weren't really much of a thing yet, it shamelessly mooched the core idea and features from the first Diablo, heaped a bunch of its own nifty ideas on top and made the whole thing 3D. It's ridiculously low poly, to the extent that it kinda passes for its own kind of pixel art nowadays. It's actually aged much more gracefully than old-rear end 3d games usually do, imo. There are some graphical glitches with AMD cards, but they're easily fixed by a single launch command line in Steam.

To this day the game's still remarkably fluid to play (at least once you figure out some rather obscure things about the UI) and absolutely a worthy buy for a few bucks if you feel like bashing some monsters and taking their shiny things, but don't have/want/feel like Diablo or PoE or whatever.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/320320/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

hwordhan posted:

Is it too much to ask for some kind off compression?

Of course it is, you silly-billy, because everyone knows that install media is dead and FedEx definitely does not offer data bandwidth that is an order of magnitude above what copper and fibre gives us, no-siree.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is anyone else playing Fight the Dragon, and would you post in a thread about it? It would be nice to have other people to talk to about the creation kit, to test maps on, and to get good maps from. Also, increased visibility would be cool.

Evil Mastermind posted:

So what's the word on Fight the Dragon? How much item/skill depth is there?

Ummmm, it's clearly early access, but I'm enjoying it.

The real pleasure of the game, for me, is in the Adventure Creation Kit (ACK). It scratches the same itch as screwing around in RPG Maker, but there's a hard limit on blocks and entities you can use (each item is assigned building points, and you have a limit of 7,000. I haven't hit it yet, but it is a way to remind yourself to keep it to a relatively small and contained adventure). Building has a few quirks, but I figured it out after a day or so of loving around, and it's really gratifying to take an adventure from start to finish.

The gameplay itself is pretty fun - especially on well designed adventures. It is sort of shallow in terms of character development (putting +1 into one of four stats on level up) and adventure creators have no control over loot outside of putting chests that can generate it on the map, so it's pure RNG there. I have found some pieces that are clearly better than others, so there's the endorphin rush of checking out your haul. I've been playing an ice mage, and between your left click (main attack) right click (strong attack and utility skill that runs off stamina) and 1-4 buttons (high powered skills that run off of mana) there's enough variety to the combat where I don't feel like I'm just mindlessly clicking. In well designed encounters I find myself throwing up my shield, rolling around to dodge attacks, falling back to checkpoints (which heal you), and building enough mana to unleash my frost stream (which does a significant amount of damage and also stops enemies).

There aren't merchants at the moment, so instead you deposit all of your junk at a loot shrine. Getting past certain donation break-points nets better and better rewards (for example, permanent +health, legendary weapons, etc.). Finishing any adventure gives you a dragon scroll, where you fight an HP sponge dragon. Like with the loot shrine, there are breakpoints at how much damage you to do him (and damage is permanent between encounters). Hit a breakpoint, and he'll give you a ring. The ring either sells for a lot of donation value, or it gives you a lot of power for 15 minutes of in-adventure time (that's about one adventure, typically).

There are some bad points

-Not a whole lot of people. I have three completed adventures, and I'm the only one who's played them. I really want feedback, so the lack of community is disappointing.

-Combat CAN be fun, but it's shallow right now. Also, the fun of combat depends on the skill of the creator. Some people put 4 archers up on a ledge, and then throw 10 skeletons at you. On the other hand, other people will mix together ranged, melee, and special encounters to make you think about how to handle it. It's a mixed bag. The way that the game automatically rates difficult also means that even if someone has set up an archer trap, as long as there's enough healing stuff in the map it might still rank as "easy".

-Took me a day or so to get going. I was having heavy buyer's remorse after my purchase (not at the recent sale price either), but I stuck with it and have really enjoyed the experience.

-ACK is being regularly updated, but still has some bugs. I've cursed more at the ACK more than the combat in the past week. It's also sort of rudimentary so far. They just implemented events (like, when a monster is killed it opens a gate), which definitely has spiced things up. The devs are also active on the Steam forums, and have responded to all of my bug reports so far. I take that as a good sign.

So, I'd recommend it if you have an interest in the ACK. Less so if you're only interested in the adventuring aspect, but still a decent purchase at the right price.

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Hmmm, I trust your opinion corn in the bible. I will keep my gmgbux

Counter-point: I'm not especially infatuated with the Resident Evil series, but I've played Leon's campaign in RE 6 for about 7 hours now with a friend, and we've been having a blast. Shoot zombies in the face and then proceed to suplex them into the ground. Good times. Mercenaries mode is also as fun as ever. Don't bother with the DLC multiplayer stuff though.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
So I finally fired up Two Worlds 2 that I picked up from a sale like 2 years ago. Expected it to be horrible, and the first impressions didn't disappoint. However, getting past the first jankiness and weird key settings... this is actually a pretty fun Skyrim / Divinity 2 style RPG. A bit like Kingdoms of Amalur but with much less suck and terrible writing. The game's been out a while, so while there's some funny glitches and dumb AI, it's not even buggy like I heard it used to be. The subquests are fun, and best of all is the sense of progression and upgrades; new gear and skills actually give meaningful improvements, and you can upgrade at your own pace. It's at 71% on Metacritic and that sounds pretty fair.

There's actually a special this very week where you get the base game + expansion for -81% at $6 -- it's well worth that.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13656/

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

What do you mean 'you people'?

I didn't understand what you were saying there. You didn't think the environment was neat?

What do you mean, 'You people'?

Everything that I did not mention was not good, everything I did mention was good.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
It's not that Bioshock3 is poorly written as compared to other video games, it's that 95% of video games have a worse plot and writing than a shoe commercial so trying to sell it as being better than them is damning with faint praise.

It's a game, if it's not fun to play then it's failing in a very core way and if it is then the story doesn't need to be super amazing, because you're already having fun.

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

Lots of People posted:

Bioshock Infinite stuff

My take: It wasn't the most amazing eye opening game ever, but it was a fun, mostly linear, first person shooter with a story. The setting/environment and the way the "cinematic" sections played out (regardless of how good you think that story actually was) is really well done. The combat is standard FPS fare for the most part.

There's no doubt in my mind that it's worth $6 if you like to shoot people in first person. I don't really get people saying it's a bad game, because it isn't. Overrated or overhyped, maybe, don't know. But it's not a bad game and I'm glad I played it. Saying that, I most likely will not play through a second time.

Gzuz-Kriced fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 26, 2014

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

These Loving Eyes posted:

Counter-point: I'm not especially infatuated with the Resident Evil series, but I've played Leon's campaign in RE 6 for about 7 hours now with a friend, and we've been having a blast. Shoot zombies in the face and then proceed to suplex them into the ground. Good times. Mercenaries mode is also as fun as ever. Don't bother with the DLC multiplayer stuff though.

I'm pretty sure most of the people who hated RE 6 have either played it on console at launch which was supposedly nearly unplayable until it got patched but the PC version had those patches bundled in, tried to play it like Resident Evil 4/5 and got frustrated when it's more of a brawler at heart and guns are just for softening enemies up now while you get into melee range, or play it solo. Or possibly all three.

There are some badly designed parts like some of Jake's segments but overall I thought it was a blast.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

pigdog posted:

So I finally fired up Two Worlds 2 that I picked up from a sale like 2 years ago. Expected it to be horrible, and the first impressions didn't disappoint. However, getting past the first jankiness and weird key settings... this is actually a pretty fun Skyrim / Divinity 2 style RPG. A bit like Kingdoms of Amalur but with much less suck and terrible writing. The game's been out a while, so while there's some funny glitches and dumb AI, it's not even buggy like I heard it used to be. The subquests are fun, and best of all is the sense of progression and upgrades; new gear and skills actually give meaningful improvements, and you can upgrade at your own pace. It's at 71% on Metacritic and that sounds pretty fair.

There's actually a special this very week where you get the base game + expansion for -81% at $6 -- it's well worth that.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13656/

And get hyped for the team's new game, Raven's Cry

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281130/

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Nordick posted:

I'm not even sure when it arrived in Steam, but I haven't seen it until now:

Darkstone is on Steam and half off, for a pittance of 2,49 euros.
It's an ancient Diablo clone (from 1999, so before D2) and it's absolutely a hidden gem (so indeed a dark stone :downsrim:) of a game.

In a time when ARPGs weren't really much of a thing yet, it shamelessly mooched the core idea and features from the first Diablo, heaped a bunch of its own nifty ideas on top and made the whole thing 3D. It's ridiculously low poly, to the extent that it kinda passes for its own kind of pixel art nowadays. It's actually aged much more gracefully than old-rear end 3d games usually do, imo. There are some graphical glitches with AMD cards, but they're easily fixed by a single launch command line in Steam.

To this day the game's still remarkably fluid to play (at least once you figure out some rather obscure things about the UI) and absolutely a worthy buy for a few bucks if you feel like bashing some monsters and taking their shiny things, but don't have/want/feel like Diablo or PoE or whatever.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/320320/

I dislike Diablo-types but Darkstone owns and the best part is that you can keep forcing your co-op buddy to listen to this by repeatedly clicking the town bard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImTQuIpPOw

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

My take: It wasn't the most amazing eye opening game ever, but it was a fun, mostly linear, first person shooter with a story. The setting/environment and the way the "cinematic" sections played out (regardless of how good you think that story actually was) is really well done. The combat is standard FPS fare for the most part.

There's no doubt in my mind that it's worth $6 if you like to shoot people in first person. I don't really get people saying it's a bad game, because it isn't. Overrated or overhyped, maybe, don't know. But it's not a bad game and I'm glad I played it. Saying that, I most likely will not play through a second time.

The fact that the fighting was so bog-standard really turned me off it. It's one thing to bang on about your groundbreaking narrative genius, but when you compound that with the actual game being running down corridors with boring guns shooting the same boring enemies over and over again for hours it grates.

Also for a game that is supposed to satirise racism it is bizarrely racist.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

The Joe Man posted:

I dislike Diablo-types but Darkstone owns and the best part is that you can keep forcing your co-op buddy to listen to this by repeatedly clicking the town bard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ImTQuIpPOw
I assume that was on PS1? On PC the bard sadly doesn't appear in multiplayer games. Though that didn't stop me from firing the game up in singleplayer during breaks at LAN parties, just to play that song. :v:
(I actually think it's a legit nice ballad. :shobon:)

I just played the game for a bit, cleared the first dungeon. Got trashed a few times, but then got lucky and found the Berseker spell book. :getin:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 26, 2014

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Nordick posted:

I assume that was on PS1? On PC the bard sadly doesn't appear in multiplayer games. Though that didn't stop me from firing the game up in singleplayer during breaks at LAN parties, just to play that song. :v: I actually think it's a legit nice ballad. :shobon:

I just played the game for a bit, cleared the first dungeon. Got trashed a few times, but then got lucky and found the Berseker spell book. :getin:

Whaaat? I could've sworn he did. Coming from an original boxed PC copy.

It's been over a decade though so I could very well be misremembering.

BTW: The music video file is hidden in the install folder (at least on the original, no idea about Steam/GOG versions).

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I just checked to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and yup, no bards in a multiplayer game.
In singleplayer they're always there by the well though. Guy sitting on a stool with a lute, and the singer lady in a black dress. And you have to toss some gold into the bowl next to her, to be treated to this awesome show:

http://youtu.be/uZ445dYNmi4?t=25s

EDIT: Also yeah, the video's still there in the install folder. (It took me some time way back then to discover it, so until then I just ran the game to hear the song)

Man, I'm having a serious nostalgy boner here.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 26, 2014

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Wikipedia has said it's getting a remake, but only for iOS and Android. But, Wikipedia and all.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That's weird, I remember playing Darkstone when it came out and thinking it was crap. I guess playing on the PSX probably would make a difference, playing PC games on the PSX made you feel like some kind of wizard. I remember playing Descent and Command and Conquer: Red Alert on that thing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

That's weird, I remember playing Darkstone when it came out and thinking it was crap. I guess playing on the PSX probably would make a difference, playing PC games on the PSX made you feel like some kind of wizard. I remember playing Descent and Command and Conquer: Red Alert on that thing.

That's a real lovely wizard.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Does anyone know anything about Starpoint Gemini 2

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Funnily enough, the first time I ever played Diablo was on my friend's PS. Had no issues when I got it on PC though.

But anyways, yeah, it's true Darkstone has its share of little jank and weirdness, and superficially seems kinda cheap. But beyond that little stuff it's a solid game with some very fluent gameplay, especially for how old the game is. And I just think it has this certain kind of naive charm to it, campy story and all.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Wikipedia has said it's getting a remake, but only for iOS and Android. But, Wikipedia and all.

Apparently it's already out. Not personally interested though since I have no intention of getting a tablet in the foreseeable future. Hope it's a good port though, so the game doesn't needlessly get a bad rep.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

I have Descent for PS1, still in its old school launch era VHS-style case. It's sitting right next to my Dreamcast copy of Railroad Tycoon 2.

corn in the bible posted:

And get hyped for the team's new game, Raven's Cry

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281130/

And speaking of Two Worlds, I got a 90% off coupon for Two Worlds 1 Epic Edition from badge crafting. Who wants to :getin:?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

smg77 posted:

Is Nuuvem a legit site to buy Shadow of Morder from if I live in the US?

When you sign up for an account there to buy from them you agree that you live in south america; they sell south america region keys.

So, if that doesn't bother you morally you're fine but it's technically not legit since you are buying outside of your region. How much that practically matters I don't know.

edit: my info is based off this thread on steam forums http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2907871 which I found when I was wondering the same thing myself

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 27, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You're helping to increase the livelihood of a developing country's business, so it's actually pretty morally golden. One world.

Respek.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 27, 2014

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Hmmm, I trust your opinion corn in the bible. I will keep my gmgbux

I realise this is from a page back, but I love RE6 and I certainly think it's worth £5 from GMG, so long as you know a few things about it before you play (and you have a friend willing to play it with you). I'll quote a post I made quite a while ago here explaining some stuff to someone else thinking of getting it:

smenj posted:

Everybody I've spoken to who's played the game disagrees on which campaigns were the worst/best. You'll find people for each campaign who think it's the best one, and people who think it's the worst one. So as for avoiding Chris', you may well like it the best, who knows. I'd recommend you leave it until you're familiar with the combat, though, as RE6 has an amazing, but somewhat complex combat system that it makes little effort to explain to you, and Chris' campaign is very combat heavy. Also, avoid Ada's campaign until the end! The game's story isn't great, and it does a horrible job of explaining it, but Ada's campaign will spoil all the others, so it's best to leave for last.

Other tips: Learn the combat system before you play! There are several guides online to help explain it, and going into the game knowing how to play will improve your experience tenfold. I tried playing with a friend without doing this, and we gave up because we just weren't enjoying ourselves. Went back much later with another friend and had a great time, because we actually knew what to do.

Try Mercenaries mode! You probably already intended to do this, but the combat's the best part of the game, and it really shines here. I've finished all the campaigns, and Mercenaries mode keeps me coming back again and again.

Play co-op if you can! Not much to say here, I just thought the game was much more fun in co-op.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game!

It's seriously a fun game if you give it a chance, in my opinion, and well worth a look, especially if you plan to spend any time in Mercenaries mode.

smenj fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 27, 2014

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jackie D posted:

Just that the first game is completely horrible in every conceivable way.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Male Man posted:

I guess you consider your question answered, but I was halfway through a writeup on all of those games so I might as well finish it.

They're basically all three-quarters of a really good game. Each of them have interesting mechanics that aren't fleshed out or are squashed by the intrusion or failure of other mechanics. If you're the kind of person who nerds out over game design then they're probably all must-plays. If you're a regular person who plays games to have fun then you can feel free to skip any or all of them.

Thanks for the effort post. It's always nice to read some well thought out opinions.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Jackie D posted:

A lot of reviews call it 'Eve Offline' which does not fill me with optimism.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Please :siren:add me and chat me up:siren: if you want to play RE6 co-op. The only RE game I've seriously played and beaten was on the 3DS, and I need to justify this purchase of mine.

Also, co-op buddies :3:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I gotta add myself as another voice to the 'RE6 is pretty underrated' chorus. It's not a great game, but it's really fun cheesy 80s action-movie stuff with a buddy. The entire game is designed around playing with a friend, and you're missing out on half the experience if you play it solo. It's even more multiplayer-centric than Left 4 Dead, arguably. Even the competitive multiplayer modes are mostly built around a co-op framework, but with rival teams.

I would advise playing with a gamepad, too (precision aiming really isn't important), and that you go into the camera options menu and raise the FOV as high as it'll go. It's way too narrow by default.

And remember, above all else, melee is always powerful. You can one-shot most regular enemies with a single bullet (ideally a stun-shot, performed by hitting Aim and Fire simultaneously - it auto-targets the closest enemy, even fast movers like dogs) followed up by some kind of fancy wrestling move. Some characters are better at melee than others, too - Chris Redfield has a whole bunch of brutal throws that do shitloads of damage. Keep an eye on your stamina gauge, and remember that if you run low, it recharges WAY faster when you're lying prone. Do a dodge move backwards and lie down for a couple seconds to charge up.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 27, 2014

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
The idea of some muscle-bound guy flinging and slamming the undead around until he gets tired, then doing a wild sports flop onto the floor just to catch a breather is the funniest image I've ever conjured up, and you're telling me it's how you play as Chris?! :roflolmao:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Morter posted:

The idea of some muscle-bound guy flinging and slamming the undead around until he gets tired, then doing a wild sports flop onto the floor just to catch a breather is the funniest image I've ever conjured up, and you're telling me it's how you play as Chris?! :roflolmao:

It's just as funny in-game. Was playing with my brother the other day, with him playing Chris. I'm just plinking away at enemies, stunning them with my SMG while he goes Macho Man on their asses. When you run out of stamina you make the weakest, sleepiest looking attacks ever, so my brother just dives backwards out of the fight and cheerfully quips 'Nap time!' while I throw a grenade into the surviving monsters.

It's a weirdass game.

Edit: Oh yeah, another important thing - you can parry/counter almost any regular attack by just tapping the melee button a few frames before it hits. It's the best way to deal with those horrible leaping skinless mutants, as you just grab them out of the air, throw them to the ground and stomp on their hearts.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 27, 2014

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
From everything I've heard and seen of it RE6 is like a beat em up with guns instead of a shooter, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
RE6 is a lot of fun. Mercs mode is a fun way to do cool stuff and go for large points if you have an inner need to play old point based arcade games.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

From everything I've heard and seen of it RE6 is like a beat em up with guns instead of a shooter, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It's exactly that. The game it reminds me most of is Zombie Revenge on the Dreamcast/arcade, which was a House Of The Dead brawler spinoff.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

mr. nobody posted:

When you sign up for an account there to buy from them you agree that you live in south america; they sell south america region keys.

So, if that doesn't bother you morally you're fine but it's technically not legit since you are buying outside of your region. How much that practically matters I don't know.

edit: my info is based off this thread on steam forums http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2907871 which I found when I was wondering the same thing myself
Yeah, people could also get it off GMG for like $35 or wait six months and it'll be heavily discounted during a sale. Really there's a number of options that people can go that shouldn't require a legal question.

Also it's Panzer Skank's birthday and it'd probably make her day if you bought her awesome game: Roundabout

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Omelette du Fromage posted:

A lot of reviews call it 'Eve Offline' which does not fill me with optimism.

It is Freelancer for a newer age, except with a whole ton (more?) jank, unexplained stuff and cryptic instructions. For example, an early mission has you scan a wreck..except you don't scan at all, you utilise your limited consumable scavenger bots. Your mileage may vary. If it is on sale at some point, maybe get it?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Niggurath posted:

Also it's Panzer Skank's birthday and it'd probably make her day if you bought her awesome game: Roundabout

PC Gamer or some other magazine posted about it on Facebook and I mentioned I followed its development in the Game Dev thread here. Someone responded with a rant about how the game must be a Something Awful conspiracy to try to kill games by putting out stupid games to make gaming look bad or something like that. It was hilarious.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Morter posted:

It's how you play as anyone, to be honest :). The game's really focused around melee, and it's an absolute blast to play once you get a hang of it. Combat system's incredibly deep and fun, but it's just shocking the amount of stuff the game expects you to figure out by yourself, giving only the most vague and useless of hints in loading screens.

Since everyone's on about the game I'll link this again. It's one of the resources I used to figure out most of the controls, and even this doesn't have everything you can do in it. Still, it explains most of what you'll need to know.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

PC Gamer or some other magazine posted about it on Facebook and I mentioned I followed its development in the Game Dev thread here. Someone responded with a rant about how the game must be a Something Awful conspiracy to try to kill games by putting out stupid games to make gaming look bad or something like that. It was hilarious.
First goons ruin EVE Online, then they fund a hotdog stand, and now they're funding horrible games! They really know how to ruin the best things in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The idea that SA is a boogeyman that leads a secret Illuminati Cabal bent on destroying the Internet and all things nerds love never stops being amusing.

• Locked thread