Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

SystemLogoff posted:

I really hate the troll-hacks that could kill someone. It's really lovely thing to make.

Don't know anything about computers/batteries/cars? Don't follow random advice from a jpeg on facebook. #hacked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

PyroDwarf posted:

This is like 95% of #SECRETMENU

Did Jeff K write this?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

SystemLogoff posted:

I really hate the troll-hacks that could kill someone. It's really lovely thing to make.

I know why the battery one is stupid beyond belief (and along the same lines as the "how to make cool crystals" "life hack") but what exactly would the water-in-gas tank do? Just stop the car from running and require the lines to be drained and refilled with gas, or something worse?

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Or you could just use a loving bowl, you know those things that you have already and are for eating out of?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Hattie Masters posted:

Or you could just use a loving bowl, you know those things that you have already and are for eating out of?

Hobo themed birthday party? :shrug:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Hattie Masters posted:

But if you're carrying all of your worldly possessions in a bindle you might not have room to carry a bowl, plus this allows you to re-use the can your pork & beans came in! #hobolifehacks

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

karl fungus posted:

Nutella is overrated. Trader Joe's chocolate almond spread is way better.

I've been seeing chocolate/x spreads popping up all over the place so this is a good thing 2 know. #lifehack read lifehack threads on the internet

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008
Need a smoke, but you forgot your lighter? Here's an easy way to light up!

First, find a parabolic mirror. You should be able to find one laying around.

Second, use a bit of wire to hold the end of the cigarette near the focal point of the mirror.

Third, point this contraption toward a nearby nuclear detonation.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Hattie Masters posted:

Well, duh, what do you think is holding the soup?

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

SystemLogoff posted:

Is there really enough energy in a laptop battery to kill someone?

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

cowboythreespeech posted:

Is there really enough energy in a laptop battery to kill someone?

Lifehack: Run out of hand grenades? Just short out a common laptop battery!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kill you are self.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Elliotw2 posted:

Lifehack: Run out of hand grenades? Just short out a common laptop battery!

Gee whiz :monocle:

Lauren
Apr 13, 2002
The fucking whipshit of all fucking shitter-bongers

Hattie Masters posted:

They forgot to add the washi tape and make an ugly chevron pattern and refer to the whole mess as upcycled.

This is an upcycled bird feeder :barf:

And obviously target bags:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

SystemLogoff posted:

Same, because you know some kid, or half-retarded parent is going to find it and blow their hands off or some poo poo, I think a few people were actually sent to the hospital over the ammonia/bleach crystals thing.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Hattie Masters posted:

animal, floor

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lauren posted:

They forgot to add the washi tape and make an ugly chevron pattern and refer to the whole mess as upcycled.

That's so mean, what the hell did the bird do to deserve that?!? :mad:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Toriori posted:

Same, because you know some kid, or half-retarded parent is going to find it and blow their hands off or some poo poo, I think a few people were actually sent to the hospital over the ammonia/bleach crystals thing.

I thought that was the entire point of these.

Did you know that you can make your own gold at home? Just boil ordinary rubbing alcohol on your stove top and drop in any item made of stainless steel or lead. This is the same process that gets used on an industrial scale before gold is sold to you save $$$!!

Also, mouthwash is just gasoline being sold at a higher price per gallon.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! has a new favorite as of 05:27 on Sep 28, 2014

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Did you know that you can make your own gold at home? Just boil ordinary rubbing alcohol on your stove top and drop in any item made of stainless steel or lead. This is the same process that gets used on an industrial scale before gold is sold to you save $$$!!

What does this actually do? Poison gas?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

EXAKT Science posted:

What does this actually do? Poison gas?

Rubbing alcohol is both highly flammable and toxic :ssh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lmao somehow I'm not surprised there are people that look at those fake this-will-kill-you lifehacks disguised as real ones and have the gall to go "psh, they DESERVE it for being idiots :smug:".

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Sep 28, 2014

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Also, mouthwash is just gasoline being sold at a higher price per gallon.

I don't think anyone cares much if you post it here, I think he means that in general its probably a bad idea to leave literally lethal advice on the internet under the guise of real information. People regularly miss that The Onion is satire, you cannot make up something dumb enough that someone else won't try it.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

MrAptronym posted:

I don't think anyone cares much if you post it here, I think he means that in general its probably a bad idea to leave literally lethal advice on the internet under the guise of real information. People regularly miss that The Onion is satire, you cannot make up something dumb enough that someone else won't try it.

Lifehack: Clean your teeth using live ammunition.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
So is everything you do a form of hack?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

serious norman posted:

So is everything you do a form of hack?

Yes

#hackhacks

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stoatbringer posted:

Chomp down real hard on the little circle on the flat end for a tooth cleaning that will blow your mind!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
toilethack: use paper to wipe your rear end instead of your hand to avoid poo poo on your hand

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

serious norman posted:

toilethack: use paper to wipe your rear end instead of your hand to avoid touching the poop

ftfy

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

serious norman posted:

toilethack: use paper to wipe your rear end instead of your hand to avoid poo poo on your hand

Oh cool. But do I wipe the paper from front to back or back to front?

:can:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

kazil posted:

Oh cool. But do I wipe the paper from front to back or back to front?

:can:

You use a circular motion to increase area coverage. Obviously.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The general concept of "life hacks" is pretty sound, even if the name is kind of dumb. They're supposed to be time- or money-saving shortcuts that improve your quality of life somehow.

Instead it's become Pinterest for the twentysomething internet manchild demographic.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Stoatbringer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ObsgJIC6Q

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20s-qKODDEQ

Hey, it looked like it was hurting with an airsoft gun, let's use a real gun

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lifehack: Your custom lifehack hurting you and taking more time and money that doing it normally would take? Stop doing it and do it normally, you loving idiot.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Lauren posted:

Either that bird's a baby-eating cannibal or that's an upcycled nestingboxshoe.
Doesn't make it any less horrible mind.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

EmptyVessel posted:

The bird is a wren. They'll nest in anything remotely cozy.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
http://hackthemenu.com/subway/secret-menu/pizza-sub/
http://subway.com.au/menu/traditional-subs/pizza
:downs:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Picnic Princess posted:

That's so mean, what the hell did the bird do to deserve that?!? :mad:

Oh wah! No one is forcing the stupid birds to use the ugly upcycled shoenest. They could take a minute from making noise and pooping to build their own nests if they didn't like living in human refuse.

EmptyVessel posted:

I hope that like me, you're objecting to the eyesore of shoes nailed to the sides of trees and not somehow thinking that the shoenest is causing emotional or physical suffering to the birds using them.

Rahonavis posted:

The bird is a wren. They'll nest in anything remotely cozy.

Exactly. They do not give a poo poo what it looks like if it suits their purpose.

Lifehack: Don't waste your precious time and energy building a home. Bipedal creatures will nail junk to trees for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009