Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Being born with scoliosis and three extra vertebrae can be a literal pain in the neck.

Halloween must suck. Always having to go as a llama, giraffe, or alpaca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Solice Kirsk posted:

Halloween must suck. Always having to go as a llama, giraffe, or alpaca.

Or a Pez dispenser

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A losing Rock'em Sock'em Robot. You know, maybe halloween wouldn't be so bad for the kid after all. Every cloud!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I'm glad to read a charity is funding surgery so he can walk without pain and possibly even remove bones so people don't stare at him like assholes.

People are not assholes for staring at a guy whose neck is like three loving feet long.

It's pretty normal to find that unusual and stare-worthy.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Salvador Dali's creep-film, Un Chien Andalou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIKYF07Y4kA

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spudsbuckley posted:

People are not assholes for staring at a guy whose neck is like three loving feet long.

Unusual medical conditions make for pretty unnerving viewing, which is why I post them.

Marfan's Syndrome.

A genetic disorder which makes you a real-life Slenderman.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

I hear exposure to crystals can have a similar effect

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

spudsbuckley posted:

How would surgery for removing extra vertebrae work? I imagine they can take the bones out but what about the extra long spinal cord. Its not like they can pull it down from above the coccyx to get it down to size.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

cowboythreespeech posted:

...at least that's what Nurse Misty says.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

TerryLennox posted:

How would surgery for removing extra vertebrae work? I imagine they can take the bones out but what about the extra long spinal cord. Its not like they can pull it down from above the coccyx to get it down to size.

Dude it's just like an ethernet cable, just get one of those twist ties, bunch it up and bam you're done

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hey guys, just an idea I had.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

spudsbuckley posted:

You could say that about pretty much any weird medical condition though? Doesn't mean you're not still acting like an rear end in a top hat.

I think that guy has a friend with Marfan's that gave him his weird fixation on arachnodactyly.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

That lengthening effect in the marfan photo is exactly what I bought my j/o crystal for.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Jeweled/Orgone Crystal I assume?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

newreply.php posted:

That lengthening effect in the marfan photo is exactly what I bought my j/o crystal for.

That marfan photo gives me a lengthening effect. Good thing a bought a crystal tenga egg.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

DandyLion posted:

Jeweled/Orgone Crystal I assume?

Look at this loser who doesn't have a jackoff crystal

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Unusual medical conditions make for pretty unnerving viewing, which is why I post them.

Marfan's Syndrome.

My parents were afraid I had that, so I spent quite some time in the hospital when I was young for tests and stuff. Luckily it turned out that I was going to grow up very tall (passed 2 meters, turns out) and I've got a bit of pectus excavatum (although luckily it's pretty minor and not at all creepy) and some of the other symptoms, but nothing too bad.

So loving glad I dodged that bullet.

e:
And yes, in my teens and early twenties I was lanky as gently caress and Slenderman would've been a great costume had it been invented back then.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

Say Nothing posted:

Marfan's Syndrome.

Greetings, Marflar.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh if we're doing ocean gifs then

(Big annoying captions are from the video, sorry)

He just wants to say hi :3:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hazo posted:

Oh if we're doing ocean gifs then

(Big annoying captions are from the video, sorry)

The Image you are requesting does not exist or is not available.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Smoking Crow posted:

The Image you are requesting does not exist or is not available.
Yeah, I'm confused too. Here goes again.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Taeke posted:

My parents were afraid I had that, so I spent quite some time in the hospital when I was young for tests and stuff. Luckily it turned out that I was going to grow up very tall (passed 2 meters, turns out) and I've got a bit of pectus excavatum (although luckily it's pretty minor and not at all creepy) and some of the other symptoms, but nothing too bad.

So loving glad I dodged that bullet.

e:
And yes, in my teens and early twenties I was lanky as gently caress and Slenderman would've been a great costume had it been invented back then.

You're over 6'6"? Jesus christ.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

1stGear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVbI698Gk1o

It ends at pretty much the best possible moment.

I was terrified of coyotes as a kid, this reminds me of that fear. I used to live on the edge of a small town, and I'd see a pack outside my window almost every night. I've also had close encounters with them while going to the outhouse while camping. Now that I've grown up, I'm not afraid, but man, those cries just filled me with terror when I was little.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's Hansel. He's so hot right now.

Also an Assassin, by the looks of it.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

You're over 6'6"? Jesus christ.

Yeah, but I'm Dutch (average height for males is 6"1'), so it's not that much of a big deal around here. Hell, I've got two friends who are even slightly taller than I am, which is hilarious when the three us hang out with another friend of ours who's a foot shorter than us.

Luckily it's all in proportion, so people generally don't even notice until I'm standing right next to them. I used to be skinny as gently caress but I grew into it nicely without turning pear shaped. I do need to work out more and get a bit more meat on my my chest/shoulders as opposed to my gut, but I'm working on that.

Still, being taller than most 10 year old when I was 7 had my parents rightfully freaked out. I did have some health problems associated with it, but it's been relatively minor. Major growth pains, stretchmarks all over my body to the point that a teacher called child protective services because she thought I had whip marks on my back, bad posture and (lower) back problems until I started going to a physical therapist to sort it out, stuff like that.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I used to play hide and seek as a kid too!

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Oh drat how did you get pictures of my frat initiation. Please tell me you don't have the pictures of when I had to swim in that thing.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

http://heavensgate.com

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

I wonder if they have anyone they left behind to fulfill book orders?

e: the domain seems to be being renewed every 2 years, so someone representing them is still around.

SybilVimes has a new favorite as of 22:19 on Sep 28, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

SybilVimes posted:

I wonder if they have anyone they left behind to fulfill book orders?

e: the domain seems to be being renewed every 2 years, so someone representing them is still around.

One of them didn't commit suicide and as far as I can tell is still around now. Some guy named Rio DiAngelo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wonder if he dances on the sand.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How does this person not collapse into a puddle of lard and bone dust?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

How does this person not collapse into a puddle of lard and bone dust?

Dollars to donuts he has used the phrase "big boned" to describe himself at some point.

• Locked thread