Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I feel dark internet rage whenever I think about 3rd Birthday. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Star Wars Battlefront 2 on PSP was pretty good, really.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oblomov posted:

Oh, I am not saying that PQ is going to be terrible (pre-ordered it and P4AU), but lets not put it on any sort of a pedestal, it's going to be a pretty silly game (nothing wrong with that). DC is a great game within beat'em ups genre. Muramasa is a great action game (on Vita, not sure how it was on Wii). Now, Code of Princess is very much mediocre in that same genre. P4A and P4A U are surprisingly good fighting games in that whole 2D fighting game club. I liked P4A better then say BlazBlue.

I can't figure out what your argument is here. I don't care that PQ is a Persona game. I care that it appears to be a new dungeon crawler from the Etrian Odyssey team which has a significant chance of being a good game even if you removed the Persona license from it. How is that putting it on a pedestal? It appears like it will be a good game for people who like dungeon crawlers, whereas big beat 'em up fans will be less than impressed with Vanillaware's stuff aside from the visuals.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Manatee Cannon posted:

RPGs and platformers are great fits on a handheld and where I prefer to play them, but I'll never understand the appeal of portable shooters.

Apparently Metroid Prime: Hunters was decent if you got the DS thumb strap thingy. Guess who had a DS Lite that didn't come with one? (This guy.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

Apparently Metroid Prime: Hunters was decent if you got the DS thumb strap thingy. Guess who had a DS Lite that didn't come with one? (This guy.)

This is a lie. Metroid Prime: Hunters is like the definition of "there was nothing better."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, I wanted so badly to like Super Mario 64 DS but it was just completely loving impossible to control, even using the "put the strap over your thumb" trick.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ImpAtom posted:

This is a lie. Metroid Prime: Hunters is like the definition of "there was nothing better."

Yeah, Metroid Prime: Hunters was not a good game.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
It had funny glitches, though. Stand in a corner as Weevil and go into your alt mode. When you split apart, you clip through the geometry and can go exploring phantom space!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Man, I wanted so badly to like Super Mario 64 DS but it was just completely loving impossible to control, even using the "put the strap over your thumb" trick.

It's much easier to control when you're playing it on 3DS but on a standard DS, yeah.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Yeah, fun times. Vita's okay guys. I have one, I like it. Let's talk Megaten.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I got a dialog option asking Chie if she wanted to be my character's girlfriend at social link level 9. Persona 3 didn't do that, it just sort of happened.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

StandardVC10 posted:

I got a dialog option asking Chie if she wanted to be my character's girlfriend at social link level 9. Persona 3 didn't do that, it just sort of happened.

Don't worry, they replaced that with something far more sinister in some of the other links.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

Don't worry, they replaced that with something far more sinister in some of the other links.

Making you feel like a jerk?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

These games already make me feel like a jerk when there's the ! over somebody's head but I know there's someone else whose link I want to rank up instead (or worse, a stat I want to increase.) Especially since so many of them seem to be written as girls falling in love with the MC for no obvious reason.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Making you feel like a jerk?

Yeah pretty much.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Finished P3. Do I HAVE to play The Answer? I feel like it somewhat ruins the ending of the game a tad bit.

P4 or Nocturne?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Race Realists posted:

Finished P3. Do I HAVE to play The Answer? I feel like it somewhat ruins the ending of the game a tad bit.

P4 or Nocturne?

You shouldn't play The Answer. Look up an LP if you want the story stuff. Play Nocturne P3 will have eased you into it's style and playing P3 and P4 back to back could easily lead to burn out.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Race Realists posted:

P4 or Nocturne?

I've basically ignored the Answer completely after finishing P3 and I've been perfectly fine. If you really want to go through the story, just youtube it or read Feinne's LP of it.

Go with P4 if you want more dating sim stuff and personas, otherwise Nocturne is more of a traditional SMT experience and is considerably harder, but it has an absolutely fantastic atmosphere and really, you can't go wrong with either.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Nocturne is yet another one of the many games I've just never got around to finishing over the years (had a save where I was JUST about to fight Hell Biker before my little bros dumbass friend stole my memory card)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Answer is bad, P4 is a better P3 if you're looking for more of that kind of game. You can't go wrong with that or Nocturne, really.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The Digital Devil Saga games are also pretty good.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Nocturne also has the benefit of next to no vocals in the soundtrack.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Nocturne also has the benefit of next to no vocals in the soundtrack.

There's plenty of vocals in the soundtrack they just happen to be completely unintelligible.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmqbhyS-BK8

Yeah, I can't understand poo poo.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

We'll sacrifice the son of god
Mans greatest glimpse of iron red.
???????????????????????????????????
Even after all these years I can't figure out what the rest of the verses mean.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Gaius Marius posted:

We'll sacrifice the son of god
Mans greatest glimpse of iron red.
???????????????????????????????????

We'll sacrifice the Son of Heaven.
Man's greatest glimpse of fire red.
Oh, how they're lost in our prayers for our greatest God.
Let me sleep, please. I am a man, half-human.
I am tired as heart and person weaken, in the name of...
God! I will not crack! Can you hear them?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

We'll sacrifice the Son of Heaven.
Man's greatest glimpse of fire red.
Oh, how they're lost in our prayers for our greatest God.
Let me sleep, please. I am a man, half-human.
I am tired as heart and person weaken, in the name of...

Sure...it sounds exactly like that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

At least this one makes at least one thing clear.

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED :black101:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's not Reach Out For the Truth and that's all that really matters.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

The_Frag_Man posted:

Isn't it the 3DS version that has those bugs? I thought the Vita version was bug-free.

Hahaha nope, you have it backwards.

Also drat, I forgot how much I liked the Nocturne soundtrack.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Sep 29, 2014

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

neongrey posted:

Hahaha nope, you have it backwards.

Also drat, I forgot how much I liked the Nocturne soundtrack.

Except he (or she) is right? The game-breaking save bug is in the 3DS version and the Vita version is fine?

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Except he (or she) is right? The game-breaking save bug is in the 3DS version and the Vita version is fine?

A while ago I looked into this because I own both systems and was trying to decide which version to buy. From what I gathered, both versions have that problem, but especially the 3DS one. I haven't played it yet, so I can't say for sure.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

DoctorX posted:

A while ago I looked into this because I own both systems and was trying to decide which version to buy. From what I gathered, both versions have that problem, but especially the 3DS one. I haven't played it yet, so I can't say for sure.

A quick google search shows only the 3DS being discussed in regards to the bug. This might be ebcause you never need to actually save the game on the Vita version due to Sleep Mode. But I doubt it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The Vita version has an occasional crash bug (crash reports with notes that you can send in to Sony kind of rules by the way), but it doesn't outright gently caress your save like on the 3DS. Also you have three save slots. It does for some reason run at a lower frame-rate and the note taking stuff is garbage, but you also have screenshots and can quickly jump between the game and them, so :shrug:

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
So SMT4 has like the best soundtrack ever. I mean listen to this poo poo and tell me your 90's JRPG self isn't just all about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtRzDYYBuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmqjfaebnhI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohAiFqvZkvE

Game owns so hard.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Toadsniff posted:

So SMT4 has like the best soundtrack ever. I mean listen to this poo poo and tell me your 90's JRPG self isn't just all about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEtRzDYYBuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmqjfaebnhI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohAiFqvZkvE

Game owns so hard.

I was worried so much in the pre release that the soundtrack was gonna suck. And I turned out dead wrong, SMTIVs got the best soundtrack since the DDS games. I only wish I had been wrong about thinking the new demon designs were going to be poo poo.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

No, it's got save bugs of its own, and the Vita version is the one that crashes in the PEC room.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

neongrey posted:

No, it's got save bugs of its own, and the Vita version is the one that crashes in the PEC room.

Except the PEC crash and save corruption is in both versions? It's just the 3DS version that it happens more in, and why Aksys deliberately removed the ability to save the game in the PEC room for the eShop release.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

That's strange, because I distinctly remember around when I got it there being a lot of talk about the 3DS version being outright better because it was less bug-ridden than the Vita one; I was annoyed that I'd bought the version that was buggier.

e: maybe I read it wrong all along? weird. I could have sworn...

neongrey fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Sep 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

neongrey posted:

That's strange, because I distinctly remember around when I got it there being a lot of talk about the 3DS version being outright better because it was less bug-ridden than the Vita one; I was annoyed that I'd bought the version that was buggier.

e: maybe I read it wrong all along? weird. I could have sworn...

You did read it wrong.