Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I liked when jim from virginia called pikachu a "pikaboo or w/e".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I miss the "Vincent Verhei self-proclaimed biggest fan" guy from the Monday call-in shows.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Does OSW podcast ever get better audio? I really want to like it, but the audio levels seem hosed for some reason and I can't get into it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OldTennisCourt posted:

Does OSW podcast ever get better audio? I really want to like it, but the audio levels seem hosed for some reason and I can't get into it.

It improves pretty early on (I think around Mania 3) because they get a new mic.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sportsgenius86 posted:

I miss the "Vincent Verhei self-proclaimed biggest fan" guy from the Monday call-in shows.

I think he called in to After Dark to talk about BIG VINNY V too

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A good MLW, no Konnan and no Disco. Instead, it's Kevin Sullivan telling stories and giving insight on booking.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm not sure what it is but there's something about Kevin Sullivan that absolutely bores me. I've always had trouble getting through previous podcasts with him and I nearly feel asleep listening to the latest MLW radio.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Jim from Virginia asking Bryan Alvarez about DJ Hyde's WSU booking of Lufisto.

I haven't followed WSU in a while but is DJ Hyde doing the sexist heel schtick again?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

A good MLW, no Konnan and no Disco. Instead, it's Kevin Sullivan telling stories and giving insight on booking.

Does he finally explain why he murdered and framed Benoit?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

No but he manages to be insanely creepy the entire time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I can't stand the observer live but what's the deal with Jim from Virginia does he always ask about woman workers or something

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

epitasis posted:

I can't stand the observer live but what's the deal with Jim from Virginia does he always ask about woman workers or something

Yes.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

mariooncrack posted:

I'm not sure what it is but there's something about Kevin Sullivan that absolutely bores me. I've always had trouble getting through previous podcasts with him and I nearly feel asleep listening to the latest MLW radio.

It doesnt help that it sounds like he's doing the interview over a payphone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

Benoit came from a neighborhood, but Kevin came from a community.

That should clear things up nicely, I think.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave really doesn't like Rosa Mendes

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

mariooncrack posted:

Dave really doesn't like Rosa Mendes

I haven't heard a burial like that in a long time

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I haven't heard a burial like that in a long time

Ugh, better time than ever to let Dave leak my credit card across the internet again I guess :geno:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

Ugh, better time than ever to let Dave leak my credit card across the internet again I guess :geno:

Are you saying you want to sign up to hear Dave bury Rosa? It's a free episode, I'm fairly sure.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
plus it's only him saying she's bad and not spectacular looking (relatively). not worth paying for.

I pay for the site anyway but I'm saying this wasn't such a huge moment.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Are you saying you want to sign up to hear Dave bury Rosa? It's a free episode, I'm fairly sure.

It is, now that I see it. My subscription expired yesterday and I usually wait for something big/funny to happen before reupping.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

It is, now that I see it. My subscription expired yesterday and I usually wait for something big/funny to happen before reupping.

This is probably a good policy. I'm inclined to do the same since there's way too much on the Observer site that I could not give a poo poo about, aka every bit of the non-Meltzer content.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I gave two seconds of thought to letting my subscription lapse but there is no way I would do that with weekly ***** Radio.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ICHIBAHN posted:

plus it's only him saying she's bad and not spectacular looking (relatively). not worth paying for.

I pay for the site anyway but I'm saying this wasn't such a huge moment.

Not saying it was worth paying for, but it was more than just saying she's bad. For a girl who's barely on the show he gave a decent amount of airtime to explaining why she is terrible and looks worse than the rest of the roster.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Not saying it was worth paying for, but it was more than just saying she's bad. For a girl who's barely on the show he gave a decent amount of airtime to explaining why she is terrible and looks worse than the rest of the roster.

I haven't listened to the Dave burial yet but Rosa's probably going to have a spot on Raw for the next while as long as she's on Total Divas, and her storyline on that show being that she's bad in the ring means she's not likely to be motivated to improve much (not that she could since she's been bad forever). So while she's not given much time on Raw itself, she'll probably have content on most shows going forward like Eva.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What is his problem with Rosa's appearance? If it's her enormous implants it's not like she's the only diva with those.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

What is his problem with Rosa's appearance? If it's her enormous implants it's not like she's the only diva with those.

He said that he didn't want to criticize her appearance and she looks good but that's all she brings to the table

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Without listening to it yet, it's probably similar to Chelsea in TNA.

You could have the worst female wrestler of all time, but if every moment she's on screen you're left in awe of how gorgeous she is, that's ok.

Rosa, on the other hand, is no good at anything and looks-wise is nothing special compared to the rest of the roster.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea he didn't seem to know how to say it but his point was very obviously that she just offers nothing that doesn't already exist there.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
That applies to about 50% of the divas and 25% of the men.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
All this Rosa talk and not the incredibly difficult to listen to garbage about Daniel Bryan being over. I thought we were past that.

I was screaming to myself in my head listening to it. "Both are really over! Is it that hard to understand?"

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 30, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd have have a few beers with Rosa.

Oh.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He buries Rosa every time she's on Raw. Last time was just as funny.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm late to this, but did Meltzer's interview with JR end up being worth a listen? I quit JR's podcast months ago for obvious reasons, but I hoped that one would be worth checking out.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
It wasn't anything special. Like all of JR's interviews, the potential is always there but it's never anything past average to poor.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea he didn't seem to know how to say it but his point was very obviously that she just offers nothing that doesn't already exist there.

Correct. In typical Dave fashion, he used 1000 words when 10 would have been sufficient.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bryan alvarez doesn't know about adblock plus

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You know who wrote that news update on Cung Le was close to giving it some really snarky headline, considering Alvarez was ranting about Bacne and Dave was just saying everything but 'dude was on something'

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Swoggle is on Jericho. I hope it's all about Leprechaun Origins. And not, ya know, Shortstack Origins. I heard that story already on AOW.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

bryan alvarez doesn't know about adblock plus

Is anyone surprised?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The new Talk'n Shop features Bob Sapp: Financial Advisor and it is fantastic. Millionaire Hoot needs to be a regular guest.

• Locked thread