Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

rawillkill posted:

And was Inherent Vice posted yet?

I can't help but feel there's someone missing from that ensemble. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Holy poo poo! :stare:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ishamael posted:

Holy poo poo! :stare:

That chest is not Jon Cryer's. That forearm is not attached to that chest. That gun is not being held by that forearm. None of them are anywhere near that blanket.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm not entirely sure anything belongs to anyone in that picture.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How can it end here?

Taken doesn't have much of an overarching plot, and the closest it has to that was resolved in the last one.

Is he going to genocide Eastern Europe? :ohdear:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

How can it end here?

Taken doesn't have much of an overarching plot, and the closest it has to that was resolved in the last one.

This one takes place in America.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
He's going to punch out the sex slave trade

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

muscles like this? posted:

This one takes place in America.

Well yeah, where do you think he gets the means to do the deed.

He is going to nuke Eastern Europe.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
It's a trailer and not a poster but I think it belongs here. Just make sure to watch until it gets to the cat.

http://youtu.be/dYh7G2HQI98

I swear this movie actually scared me when it came out, but also I was eight.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
That is clearly a book cover, sir and/or madam.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

More like "The good, the bad & the adorable"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wishbone was awesome and still has the definitive version of Frankenstein on film.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Please, he's done Eastern Europe. Time for a new city of fun.

I remember after I saw Taken 1 and a friend asked me to describe it the best summary I could think of was 'Liam Neeson shoots Paris'.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

MikeJF posted:

Please, he's done Eastern Europe. Time for a new city of fun.

I remember after I saw Taken 1 and a friend asked me to describe it the best summary I could think of was 'Liam Neeson shoots Paris'.

The trailer looks good or at least entertaining- but it just looks slightly unbelievable plotwise.

It looks like Ghostbusters 2 in the sense that "Are we supposed to believe everyone just forgot ghosts exist? For gently caress sakes..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuU0M2xBasc

(trailer spoiler)

Are we supposed to believe that the cops think he killed his wife- even though he saved his family from terrorists on two separate occasions?

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 1, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You know what would make me care about another Taken movie? If it was a hard R. Or if it was directed by Neveldine/Taylor. Or both. And not much else.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You know what would make me care about another Taken movie? If it was a hard R. Or if it was directed by Neveldine/Taylor. Or both. And not much else.

"Good luck."

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Can we call Liam Neeson a genre at this point? Or call the genre Liam Neeson?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Vargo posted:

That is clearly a book cover, sir and/or madam.

wrong, sir, very wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaH7RwJQL_U

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Unfortunately, what was posted previously was the cover of the book adaptation... here's the VHS cover:

I'm assuming that, because Wishbone was a television show, there is no proper poster.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 1, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lars Von Trier's T4KEN

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Lars Von Trier's T4KEN

Troma's
K
E
N

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

I think this poster would have been a lot better without the helicopters. Including them give the impression that they're searching for him or that a massive showdown is about to commense.

But without the helicopters it's only Liam, the city, and the text IT ENDS HERE. "Here? Here where? ...oh" And then you realize someone he loves is somewhere in this massive city, like a needle in a haystack, and time is running out.

Granted, I didn't watch the trailer and don't actually know if someone has been taken for Liam to find.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

He's framed for murdering Famke Janssen so yeah the choppers are looking for him, that's the vibe you're meant to get.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Am I high or have I seen this skull somewhere before? Or do skulls just all look alike?

e: This one?

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

zenintrude posted:

I'm assuming that, because Wishbone was a television show, there is no proper poster.
Ha ha, now my fan site of minimalist Wishbone posters will finally get the respect it deserves!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hewlett posted:

Reminds me of Supernova's poster.

EDIT: Holy poo poo the trailer for this is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUdy0Cu3f_o

I just caught the last 30 mins of this on HBO and can confirm it's weird. It was into pure slasher territory at that point. The villain is almost killed offscreen, then apparently all of the universe is going to die in 50 years due to the titular supernova, but the last 2 warp home anyway and the warp teleports some sperm from him into her. THE END. :wtf:

I'm waiting for this version
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0rRSIyWfURo/TiEbFe9-MLI/AAAAAAAAA4c/IaUJHzmFr7s/s1600/harry-potter-faceoff-poster.jpg
Also I never noticed he's basically flipping him off.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 1, 2014

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You guys still miss trailer VO?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

Troma's
K
E
N

#T4kenghazi

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

effectual posted:

Also I never noticed he's basically flipping him off.

The wand is typically a symbol for a phallus, so...read into that as you will.

Also from the trailer, it doesn't look like anyone is actually taken in Tak3n. What a rip.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

You guys still miss trailer VO?

Sometimes it can be good but it was really overused and lovely in the 90's-00's.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
When someone brings it back for real, it's going to be weird.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

I was unaware this was made into a movie.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Antti posted:

He's framed for murdering Famke Janssen so yeah the choppers are looking for him, that's the vibe you're meant to get.

Well then the poster that's only in my imagination is really effective for a movie that doesn't exist.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

I was unaware this was made into a movie.

It's on Lifetime.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The book was awesome. The Daryl Hannah vehicle they made out of it landed with a thud.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

effectual posted:

I just caught the last 30 mins of this on HBO and can confirm it's weird. It was into pure slasher territory at that point. The villain is almost killed offscreen, then apparently all of the universe is going to die in 50 years due to the titular supernova, but the last 2 warp home anyway and the warp teleports some sperm from him into her. THE END. :wtf:

I think that my favorite part about this movie is that their ship - a rescue ship - only has enough pods for the crew... You know, the pods that you must be in to go FTL. Do they kill off one crew member everytime they have to rescue someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

If nothing else- it looks like Bourne Identity meets The Fugitive.