Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'
I have a question for the chemtrail sayers here on the internet,
have you not heard of pollution?
Look into it. It's the next big thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

SteveVizsla posted:

scheisskompf

I googled what scheisskompf means. Did he spell it wrong? Was he trying to call you a shithead?

Bored has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Oct 1, 2014

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
It'd be scheisskopf. Literally translated poo poo head, yes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SteveVizsla posted:

That's basically it. The other two were already diagnosed and brought to the USA for treatment with all sorts of precautions taken. This is the first person to be diagnosed here, to not appear sick until home for a few days. Hopefully the person didn't infect a bunch of other people first.

Obama should have stopped this guy from going to Liberia, I guess? But you know if the State Department actually banned international travel, it would be all "ARE RIGHTS".

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Obama came into Dallas with a comically large syringe labeled Ebola and tripped clumsily(with scooby doo sound effects) and stuck it into some guy. THANKS OBAMA!

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Bored posted:

I googled what scheisskompf means. Did he spell it wrong? Was he trying to call you a shithead?

Yes and yes. It goes along with him saying "colour" even though he's American. LOOK HOW INTERNATIONAL I AM

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Someone I know is legit going crazy. She started by looking up home remedies for colds and flu, and has slowly evolved into posting stuff or commenting on articles from worldtruth.tv daily now. Today it was an article about how the giant skeletons 'found' in North America are being covered up by Big Science to force people into not believing in the Bible anymore or some poo poo.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

JT Smiley posted:

Why does everyone keep blaming Obama for Ebola? I know it's a popular thing for idiots to do, but what's the connection?

Everyone forgets that AIDS surfaced during Reagan's reign :tinfoil: Some presidents are incarnations of one of the Four Horsemen.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Laserjet 4P posted:

Everyone forgets that AIDS surfaced during Reagan's reign :tinfoil: Some presidents are incarnations of one of the Four Horsemen.

death and war I can make a case for, what are your candidates for pestilence and famine?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

VendaGoat posted:

death and war I can make a case for, what are your candidates for pestilence and famine?

Bush caused bed bugs maybe?

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

Someone I know is legit going crazy. She started by looking up home remedies for colds and flu, and has slowly evolved into posting stuff or commenting on articles from worldtruth.tv daily now. Today it was an article about how the giant skeletons 'found' in North America are being covered up by Big Science to force people into not believing in the Bible anymore or some poo poo.

A girl I went to elementary school, high school, and university is somewhere in the middle of this process right now. She was, as far as I could tell, a smart, shy girl who never really said anything too obnoxious or controversial. Then within the past year, her long-term boyfriend dumped her, and it was downhill from there. It started out with the natural remedies stuff, then evolved into rants against fast food and how she was 'too good for it,' and now it's fluoride conspiracies. Just kinda sad to see someone become that crazy person on the internet.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

JT Smiley posted:

Why does everyone keep blaming Obama for Ebola? I know it's a popular thing for idiots to do, but what's the connection?

Even
Barack
Obama
Loves
Allah
:tinfoil:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Otter Madness posted:

A girl I went to elementary school, high school, and university is somewhere in the middle of this process right now. She was, as far as I could tell, a smart, shy girl who never really said anything too obnoxious or controversial. Then within the past year, her long-term boyfriend dumped her, and it was downhill from there. It started out with the natural remedies stuff, then evolved into rants against fast food and how she was 'too good for it,' and now it's fluoride conspiracies. Just kinda sad to see someone become that crazy person on the internet.

I guess the moral of the story is to completely avoid things like garlic soup and hot lemon water because they lead to the path of insanity.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

KiteAuraan posted:

Even
Barack
Obama
Loves
Allah
:tinfoil:

Americans are more likely to die from a Obama sanctioned drone strike than Ebola.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Relevant to this thread: A thoughtful, analytical essay on The Ballad of Marine Todd.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

VendaGoat posted:

AIDS isn't enough pestilence for you? If nothing else it's also often considered to represent conquest, which I'm sure you could pin on a lot of politicians.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Relevant to this thread: A thoughtful, analytical essay on The Ballad of Marine Todd.

I like when people with autism talk about jokes -- it's like they almost get it, and they're very satisfied with that, and it always brings me such joy at their accomplishments. One day, I hope they will understand how to make jokes, too. :unsmith:

Example: guy with autism talking about jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgABbHPdwH4

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Bloopsy posted:

Bush caused bed bugs maybe?

BUSH WAS SMITTEN
I GOT BITTEN

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Wasabi the J posted:

You know, I appreciate deadpan humor and all but something about Stewart Lee makes me want to loving throttle him every time he opens his mouth. It's the absolute epitome of smug but maybe :thejoke: and I don't get it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Tracula posted:

You know, I appreciate deadpan humor and all but something about Stewart Lee makes me want to loving throttle him every time he opens his mouth. It's the absolute epitome of smug but maybe :thejoke: and I don't get it.

I watch him whenever someone links him on here because I keep thinking that I've missed something, and I've never seen any actual comedy from him. He gets close enough that I can see what he thinks is funny, and I can maybe even see how it could be made to be funny, but it just isn't.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
The problem with judging Stewart Lee based on clips from YouTube is that generally his shows are written to be a whole product. There'll be some funny bits that you can lift (e.g. his bit pining for the good old days of the IRA) but usually you'll lose a lot of context by only seeing a single piece.

Though yeah, he's absolutely the epitome of liberal smugness, but that's all part of the act really.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Maybe you guys just have autism

Maybe we all do

makes u think

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Question Mark Mound posted:

Though yeah, he's absolutely the epitome of liberal smugness, but that's all part of the act really.
Yeah, it's artisinal comedy for the insufferable. I love it because I'm :smug: as gently caress.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Wasabi the J posted:

I like when people with autism talk about jokes -- it's like they almost get it, and they're very satisfied with that, and it always brings me such joy at their accomplishments. One day, I hope they will understand how to make jokes, too. :unsmith:

what i'm hearing is you hate ghostbusters.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Small Frozen Thing posted:

what i'm hearing is you hate ghostbusters.

it's true, this man has no humor.

edit: there is no humor here, only sperg.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 15:51 on Oct 1, 2014

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

You're loving gross hth

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

And that essay was written by - Albert Einstein.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

AIDS isn't enough pestilence for you? If nothing else it's also often considered to represent conquest, which I'm sure you could pin on a lot of politicians.

Oh it certainly is. Figured Carter may also have a hand in it as well. So now we just need a good famine.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

VendaGoat posted:

Oh it certainly is. Figured Carter may also have a hand in it as well. So now we just need a good famine.

Could we reach back and pull up Hoover on the Great Depression, or is that too far back to count?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I like Stewart Lee. I also like Top Gear. Does that qualify as cognitive dissonance?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Master Twig posted:

I like Stewart Lee. I also like Top Gear. Does that qualify as cognitive dissonance?

It's fine as long as you yell at the TV for Jeremy to shut up when he's being a prick.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

It's fine as long as you yell at the TV for Jeremy to shut up when he's being a prick.

There's another way to watch Top Gear?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
"Jeremy, you utter pillock." probably something May have said at some point.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mng posted:

Maybe, I think you may be right but I can't be completely sure.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

mng posted:

I'm also fairly sure that Jeremy and James have joked about Richard's height, teeth or the fact that he's from Solihull. Again, I'm unsure but they may have said one or more of those things on the show.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Well I don't see any way this could possibly go wrong

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Call the police, this aint no germany

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

zakharov posted:

Well I don't see any way this could possibly go wrong

"Investors aren't hard to find. They generally hang out in public places, waiting for people with vague ideas for 'projects' to come ask them for free money."

• Locked thread