Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

FatSamurai posted:

Then again, I thought Revengeance was a terrible game, so.

Wish you had began the post with this rather than ending with it with this so I could have stopped there :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

Nalesh posted:

While I still think you're shitler incarnate, could you describe why you think it's terrible? :v:

I felt like I was constantly fighting the camera, doing a Zandatsu felt cool but being able to dice up scenery props was basically useless. Ninja Run felt like it was underused and came off less as a slick move and more like a dumb gimmick. Flynn did okay when he was Raiden but then he tried to be Snake and that was just awkward.

What even was the point of Ripper Mode? Give me a Devil Trigger any day because it's more useful.

The last fight against Nanosenator was dumb, I spent four hours trying to manually Zandatsu those chunks of scenery he throws at you but oops, you missed your confusing angle by .00001 degrees, goodbye 1/3 health! The one time being a cool sword guy was really useful and they take away your auto-slice. Terrible.

The bosses were visually interesting but seemed more like arbitrary obstacles than characters. I didn't feel like I knew or cared about them any more than the Ray you fight in the beginning. Tell me everything you learned about Vulcan Raven in MGS1 then tell me what you learned about Sundowner in his game.

Nothing clicked with me and the last boss was stupid. Bad game 2013.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FatSamurai posted:

The bosses were visually interesting but seemed more like arbitrary obstacles than characters. I didn't feel like I knew or cared about them any more than the Ray you fight in the beginning. Tell me everything you learned about Vulcan Raven in MGS1 then tell me what you learned about Sundowner in his game.

Vulcan Raven: Giant and Shaman
Sundowner: A Creepy Dick

That's about everything I remember. Also, I really don't understand why some people had problems with the stone-cutting during the Armstrong fight. I though it was really easy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's the first mandatory manual cutting IIRC so if you never done it before, it'll probably kill you.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FatSamurai posted:

I felt like I was constantly fighting the camera, doing a Zandatsu felt cool but being able to dice up scenery props was basically useless. Ninja Run felt like it was underused and came off less as a slick move and more like a dumb gimmick. Flynn did okay when he was Raiden but then he tried to be Snake and that was just awkward.

What even was the point of Ripper Mode? Give me a Devil Trigger any day because it's more useful.

The last fight against Nanosenator was dumb, I spent four hours trying to manually Zandatsu those chunks of scenery he throws at you but oops, you missed your confusing angle by .00001 degrees, goodbye 1/3 health! The one time being a cool sword guy was really useful and they take away your auto-slice. Terrible.

I'm sorry that you have bad opinions about video games

Tae posted:

It's the first mandatory manual cutting IIRC so if you never done it before, it'll probably kill you.

manual cutting was the only challenging part of sundowner's fight

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 1, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

Nah, some of the other bosses threw poo poo to cut up at you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nah, some of the other bosses threw poo poo to cut up at you.

Yeah but it didn't kill you almost instantly if you failed it. When I mean mandatory, I mean you literally have to do this correctly or else you can't survive.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

FatSamurai posted:

Tell me everything you learned about Vulcan Raven in MGS1 then tell me what you learned about Sundowner in his game.

Vulcan Raven: Big, Silly, Insulting Native Stereotype With A Chaingun
Sundowner: Big, Silly, Insulting 'Murrica Stereotype With Scissors.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

But you can dodge the rocks in the final fight as well, so there is no "mandatory" cutting there.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

But you can dodge the rocks in the final fight as well, so there is no "mandatory" cutting there.

But you have to use the Ninja Run, which we have already written off as a useless dumb gimmick, and not a slick move.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

FatSamurai posted:

There is a lock on button that makes the camera a non-issue, and Ripper Mode wrecks enemies that have armor.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
Hey, I forgot some things! Like how I thought all the defensive options were lousy and didn't like how the parry system worked! How about how all the sub-weapons didn't feel like they were useful at all?

God of War 2 came out in 2007 and did everything better. :colbert:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FatSamurai posted:

Hey, I forgot some things! Like how I thought all the defensive options were lousy and didn't like how the parry system worked! How about how all the sub-weapons didn't feel like they were useful at all?

nope

quote:

nope

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okay never mind, I thought he had legit complaints not being a troll

carry on, trash

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

FatSamurai posted:

Tell me everything you learned about Vulcan Raven in MGS1 then tell me what you learned about Sundowner in his game.

Sorry you missed his big speech in the first chapter of the game so we can't go back to the good ol' days after 9/11

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Did you even that much information about Vulcan Raven if you didn't listen to the codec conversations? MGR also has a surprisingly many codecs (in a true Metal gear fashion) which flesh out things if you really want to listen to them.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FatSamurai posted:

None of the GoW are good.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

None of the GoW are good.

Except for Marlow Briggs

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Except for Marlow Briggs

Well yeah.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Oh hey all my Asura's Wrath DLC finished downloading

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

DmC Devil May Cry is also a good GoW game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

DmC Devil May Cry is also a good GoW game

A good GoW game or in other words, a bad game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

FatSamurai posted:

DarkSydePhil? Sounds like the game chewed you up and spit you out, unworthy of its greatness. The game expects of you to gently caress poo poo up with your badass cyborg ninja skills. Also, failing Armstrong's sword slice doesn't do 1/3 of your health, it kills you. Were you playing on easy? :cripes:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Unironically Mad Because Bad.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

laffo at all Platinum games, also the Souls series looks lame and backwards from anything fun at all

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FatSamurai posted:

laffo at all Platinum games, also the Souls series looks lame and backwards from anything fun at all

you're trying too hard now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All video games are terrible. Everybody should just go play chess or something.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Andrast posted:

All video games are terrible. Everybody should just go play chess or something.

Chess is for lame nerds, just sit at home staring at a wall

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
All I can do is ask how you spend 4 hours on the nanon-senator fight at all, let alone dealing with his rocks.

It...it's a slash...just slash them.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Just ignore and move on, guys.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kratos sucks, even more than Kenny.

Can't wait for all the spooky games the guys are gonna play this month. :allears:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I didn't like Revengeance's combat very much simply because it wasn't Ninja Gaiden's combat

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Andrast posted:

All video games are terrible.

True enough, except maybe Scorched Earth. It was The Mother of All Games after all.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
IT HAS BEGUN!

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Oh wow that new intro :suspense:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Oh wow that new intro :suspense:

The carpet being the carpet from The Shining was a nice touch.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

That intro was well worth whatever effort whoever put into it. It's loving super keen.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Aw yea, this is one of my all time favorite games.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am absolute trash at character action games and even could deal with Armstrong in a timely fashion, come on man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Either Pat went to a college class about the american civil war, or they are teaching more about our war in high school for some reason.