Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'm kinda surprised they're doing IA13 instead of Vraks Compendium Volume 2.

50 British fun bucks isn't a bad price for a special edition, either.

I think this way is smart. There is just so much material in the three Vraks books, and the fluff is as good as ever (and perhaps not good enough to dedicate the resources it takes to update three reprinted volumes). If anyone wants the fluff, they can get the old volumes relatively cheaply. And Krieg got a relatively updated army list in Fall of Orpheus (that was 6E, right?) This also sets good precedent--I don't want Forge World to be caught in an endless miserable loop of fully updating old materials over and over again, especially with the potential for edition changes every two years.

Does anyone here live in or near Pittsburgh?

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Already put the money aside to preorder Forgeworlds Imperial Armour : Make Hollismason super happy edition.

poo poo, been holding off on picking up Imperial Guard to make my Traitors army but now thanks to Forgeworld I can not buy my nephews Christmas presents. Thanks Forgeworld! ( I will still buy my Nephews presents).

The fact we finally get a updated Renegade list is super awesome and updated Greater Daemons from what I understand!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Some more rad poo poo from Anvil incomming:

Could count as a cool Thallax or Battlesuit or something. Looks cool imo.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I have no money to buy all the IA books (I have none at the moment), but looking over them it looks like the first 4 have 2nd Editions, so obviously those are the ones to get if you have armies that can use whatever's in those books. However, there's no indication of what the publish date are of the other books, so like if I wanted to get Imperial Armour Apocalypse, what are the chances of that getting updated in the next year or two? Is IA 5.1 in danger of coming out very soon, since IA 4.1 came out recently?

And why is the Badab War bundle of books 1 and 2 cheaper than buying either book 1 and almost as cheap as book 2?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hollismason posted:

( I will still buy my Nephews presents).

:v:

krushgroove posted:

so like if I wanted to get Imperial Armour Apocalypse, what are the chances of that getting updated in the next year or two?

Imperial Armour: Apocalypse was only updated this late last year (6e), so you should be set

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 1, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Moola posted:

Are these meant to be Crisis suits or Centurion stand-ins? They look neat, but not exactly 40k to me.

In other non-GW 40k stuff, Victoria Lamb put out some heavy weapons carriages:

They're really pricey though.

E:
Also that new Archon has some serious topknot action going on. I bet he's got a different hat though:

SRM fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 1, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

Are these meant to be Crisis suits or Centurion stand-ins? They look neat, but not exactly 40k to me.

No not at all, theyre for their own system theyve been working on.

Obviously would nead some conversion work for 40k but not much, especially if you wanted them to fit in with mechanicum poo poo.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can someone give me a bit of a primer on what's good and not so good with Orks now? Are bikes good? I have 9 bikes as it turns out (when did I get THOSE...). Been out of the game for a bit (so mad I missed the whole Black Reach box! Those deffkoptas!!) and I've been building what I had that was unbuilt and gonna give 40k a go again. If I end up liking it I figure I'll pick up a few of these and loot 'em proper, because I guess flyers are a thing now.

Warbosses, in Mega-Armor or on Bikes, are still excellent. Painboyz are in as an HQ option and they're pretty good. Big Meks have their uses, but they aren't the go-to they were before. Most of the time you'll want a Warboss because without him you don't get your Waaaagggh.

Tankbustas and Meganobz are both quite good if you can deliver them to the enemy. Burnas are alright, but somewhat more limited due to the new wound allocation rules. Regular Nobz are acceptable, if not amazing; ditto for Kommandos when taken as part of their special formation.

Gretchin are still cheap as chips and basically the same. Shoota Boyz aren't quite so much of an automatic choice over Slugga Boyz anymore, but are still generally better. 'Ard Boyz are a viable, if not exciting, option.

Warbikes are actually quite good (and even better when taken with the FW special character to make them troops.) Deffkoptas, Buggies, and Stormboyz are all good-to-decent choices to support a strategy. The airplanes I'm really not sure about, although I think the Blitza-Bomba is the best amongst the three.

Mek Gunz (specifically the Kannon, Lobba, Kustom Mega-Kannon, and Trakta) as well as Battlewagons and Lootas are all excellent. Looted Wagons (which are in White Dwarf) and Flash Gitz are both good or decent depending on your setup or army.

Other stuff can be alright depending on particulars, but those are basically the better choices from the Ork codex. Do yourself a favor and find a copy of the the Ghazghkull supplement to at least browse through- the formations in there offer a ton of really good options and there's some other neat stuff available as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Moola posted:

drat. :aaa: I'd totally buy one of these for the sheer hell of it because they look awesome.

SRM posted:

They're really pricey though.

Victoria Lamb stuff in a nutshell.

SRM posted:

E:
Also that new Archon has some serious topknot action going on. I bet he's got a different hat though:

More wondering what the Succubus is in this case.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The succubus looks basically the same as the current one. She'll be popular because she has the only AP2 weapon in the DE codex.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cooked Auto posted:

Victoria Lamb stuff in a nutshell.
I mean, what else do you expect from garage kits out of Australia, but god drat. ~$30 for a heavy weapon without crew is brutal. I'd love to do a killteam sorta thing with her models since a full on army would be too much.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The succubus looks basically the same as the current one. She'll be popular because she has the only AP2 weapon in the DE codex.

Really? They took it away from the Incubi?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

I mean, what else do you expect from garage kits out of Australia, but god drat. ~$30 for a heavy weapon without crew is brutal. I'd love to do a killteam sorta thing with her models since a full on army would be too much.

It's obviously payback for their GW prices.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Sulecrist posted:

Does anyone here live in or near Pittsburgh?

I'm northwest of Pittsburgh

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

AbusePuppy posted:

Warbosses, in Mega-Armor or on Bikes, are still excellent. Painboyz are in as an HQ option and they're pretty good. Big Meks have their uses, but they aren't the go-to they were before. Most of the time you'll want a Warboss because without him you don't get your Waaaagggh.

Tankbustas and Meganobz are both quite good if you can deliver them to the enemy. Burnas are alright, but somewhat more limited due to the new wound allocation rules. Regular Nobz are acceptable, if not amazing; ditto for Kommandos when taken as part of their special formation.

Gretchin are still cheap as chips and basically the same. Shoota Boyz aren't quite so much of an automatic choice over Slugga Boyz anymore, but are still generally better. 'Ard Boyz are a viable, if not exciting, option.

Warbikes are actually quite good (and even better when taken with the FW special character to make them troops.) Deffkoptas, Buggies, and Stormboyz are all good-to-decent choices to support a strategy. The airplanes I'm really not sure about, although I think the Blitza-Bomba is the best amongst the three.

Mek Gunz (specifically the Kannon, Lobba, Kustom Mega-Kannon, and Trakta) as well as Battlewagons and Lootas are all excellent. Looted Wagons (which are in White Dwarf) and Flash Gitz are both good or decent depending on your setup or army.

Other stuff can be alright depending on particulars, but those are basically the better choices from the Ork codex. Do yourself a favor and find a copy of the the Ghazghkull supplement to at least browse through- the formations in there offer a ton of really good options and there's some other neat stuff available as well.

Thank you! I will track down the Ghazghkull supplement. Really glad that they made new Killa Kans, a friend gave me the best (Ork) half of the Stormclaw box.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Arven posted:

I'm northwest of Pittsburgh

Do you ever play at Legions or Phantom of the Attic? Since moving here, I've only played 40k when I visit friends back (farther) east, but I want to find a group to play with out here and I'm not really sure where to start.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
So fifteen weeks ago, I got told that the people at the boopkstore that also sells warham stuff were looking for me. SO I popped by to see what was up. Turns out that there's this big sale day in town on this Saturday, and they asked about getting Warhammer on show there - GW stuff is a new thing for them and they've got literally no idea how the game works or how to sell it. SO I promised to help them out.. and ended up walking out with a 7E Dark Vengeance box, to use in demoing the game. I make a note on what paints and brushes and supplies I need, they supply the stuff, I paint the minis, they keep the finished product and I keep the paints etc.

That was.. sixteen days ago.

I JUST finished painting the whole box of the little bastards.

Hoo-AH, motherfuckers.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Did someone say orks? :toot:

Trukk I did up recently.

Stormboys, as well.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hollismason posted:

Already put the money aside to preorder Forgeworlds Imperial Armour : Make Hollismason super happy edition.

poo poo, been holding off on picking up Imperial Guard to make my Traitors army but now thanks to Forgeworld I can not buy my nephews Christmas presents. Thanks Forgeworld! ( I will still buy my Nephews presents).

The fact we finally get a updated Renegade list is super awesome and updated Greater Daemons from what I understand!

Greater Demons arent in this book if thats what you mean... but I think you just mean in general.

IA13 is .. and I don't say this like this often... loving phenomenal. I am seriously excited for people to get this in their hands and start using it. I'm mainly excited people seem to be getting over their fear of Forge World these days.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Ghost Hand posted:

Greater Demons arent in this book if thats what you mean... but I think you just mean in general.

IA13 is .. and I don't say this like this often... loving phenomenal. I am seriously excited for people to get this in their hands and start using it. I'm mainly excited people seem to be getting over their fear of Forge World these days.

Now if I could get over my fear of Forge World prices...

Not trying to open a can of worms here. The stuff they make looks amazing, but I can barely afford the beer needed for Beerhammer.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

A Real Horse posted:

Now if I could get over my fear of Forge World prices...

*the Chinese national anthem slowly begins to play in the background*

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Moola posted:

*the Chinese national anthem slowly begins to play in the background*
Death is a preferable alternative to communism

Ghost Hand posted:

I like that they're compiling stuff like this - I've thought about getting a Hellblade (well, more now) or a Decimator or whatever but tracking down multiple books and/or buying them is a pain in the butt/wallet.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

Death is a preferable alternative to communism

:commissar:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Moola posted:

Aren't they a stand-in for Centurions, right?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Nope, they're from their new kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1637892615/afterlife-the-shards-of-liberty

I could see them being used as Centurions though, just need a lil beefing up and some more skulls obviously :skeltal:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Ghost Hand posted:

IA13 is .. and I don't say this like this often... loving phenomenal.

:raise:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

As I kinda like the stuff they've already got I'd almost be tempted to splurge some cash as my first Kickstart on that for fun painting purposes and see how much could fit as IG veterans if not characters. Kinda interested to see what addons they have on offer later on.
Even if I still need to clear up my painting backlog a little first. :blush:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Ghost Hand posted:

Oh that sucks was hoping the whole new plastic Greater Daemons rumour was true.

Still , this is basically as close to Lost and the Damned as we're gonna get. Oh man, do you know if they include legion rules? Or beastmen?

Legion rules would be amazing.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Forgeworld doesn't deal in plastic so I don't know why you thought that a FW book concerned new plastics in the first place.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Seperate things , Forge World book and GW releasing plastic Greater Daemons.

Trying to decide on which Chaos Bits would go best with these left over Dark Angels from vengeance. I kind of like a Slaanesh theme, but not sure about it because I also like not Batman Night Lords.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah but if that's the case why do the contents of the book matter

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility that they'd try to tie in the new book with plastic greater daemons :shrug:

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Given what's happening in WHFB, it seems completely possible that plastic greater daemons will be a very real coincidence.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well supposedly there some book for fantasy just dealing with Chaos, I don't really pay attention to Warhammer Fantasy that much but the new stuff their putting out is pretty loving awesome looking.

So I'm hoping for some new Daemon models or some special characters for counts as at least.

I may end up just purchasing some of the new Undead anyway because they are loving huge and evil looking. Would make some good counts as daemons. Those big vampire dudes they released are particularly cool.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I may end up just purchasing some of the new Undead anyway because they are loving huge and evil looking. Would make some good counts as daemons. Those big vampire dudes they released are particularly cool.
The Morghast are taller than a normal Daemon Prince, and look superb painted up. Both one of my buddies and I are using them for DPs. Highly recommend it.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hollismason posted:

Oh that sucks was hoping the whole new plastic Greater Daemons rumour was true.

Still , this is basically as close to Lost and the Damned as we're gonna get. Oh man, do you know if they include legion rules? Or beastmen?

Legion rules would be amazing.

I just lied - there are some demons in the book but these are primarily reprints of FW demons rules from other books like Uraka "The Warfiend" of Khorne, etc. It's not the main focus of the book as it's in an appendix.

I know nothing about plastic greater demons though. As I said though - this book is AMAZING. Chaos players are going to be happy.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Ghost Hand posted:

I just lied - there are some demons in the book but these are primarily reprints of FW demons rules from other books like Uraka "The Warfiend" of Khorne, etc. It's not the main focus of the book as it's in an appendix.

I know nothing about plastic greater demons though. As I said though - this book is AMAZING. Chaos players are going to be happy.
Here is the money question - will I be able to jam CSM and Guard Traitors/Mutants into one list? If that is the case, I am figuring out a way to force my money on Forgeworld right this instant.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Hello, does anyone have or can anyone take good clean pics of an ork's mini from the front and the side? I need them for reference for the proportions and the posture for a personal project.

A fantasy black orc would be great but even a 40k beefier ork is ok.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Von Humboldt posted:

Here is the money question - will I be able to jam CSM and Guard Traitors/Mutants into one list? If that is the case, I am figuring out a way to force my money on Forgeworld right this instant.

Same. This will be one of the exceptions to my rule of never giving my money to GW or its subsidiaries for new products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Guard really does need to be a Battle Brothers ally option for CSM, to represent Traitor Guard.

Of course, I'd give them to nids, too, for Genestealer Cults.

• Locked thread