Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Hells yes. Even if it's broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Azerban posted:

You shouldn't be allowed to put camo on a gold gun. Why would you.

Shatter camo + Gold Mag-Shot = :whatup:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Oh poo poo the ESF horns went in!

Vehicle handling changes weren't in the notes, but they are definitely in.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Hajj Podge posted:

I missed this earlier, my B.

So holding the objective with a bad KDR as a result of dying a lot, holding that objective, doesn't mean they're deadweight for having a bad KDR? That's a load off my mind!

You know how it works man. You avoid a bad death and get revived. KDR is saaaved!

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Shatter camo + Gold Mag-Shot = :whatup:

Shatter Camo is essential to the [GOON] MAX NC Meta!

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Fart Car '97 posted:

New sights are way too dim (at least for NC) and don't glow at all like they did in the videos of PTS I saw. Yellow is marginally better than red. They're still way, way better than before.

Yeah, I don't know what happened when they moved from PTS to live but the intense glow on the optics is gone. Which sucks, that made them actually visible.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

This free addition to this free game isn't working right, better get the pitchforks and have a meltdown over it.

This is from a million pages back but you should see the Dota thread.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
My read of the notes is that, rather than 1 kill/50 nanites cost for vehicle kills, it'll just be 1 kill. An improvement, but lancer auraxium is still a long ways off.

Also RIP welfare certs.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

o muerte posted:

Yeah, I don't know what happened when they moved from PTS to live but the intense glow on the optics is gone. Which sucks, that made them actually visible.
On the bright side, if you can't find the dot to know where the center of the screen is you're still better off than with the old crosshairs that not only didn't tell you where the center was but actively obscured your vision and misled you!

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."
what are the opinions on the TR male voices?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
If you kill someone with the new knife their death screen will play the Psycho Slasher music sting. It's wonderful.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
Did I miss something with EXP bonuses, or did they break something? I run full member and a boost and I was looking at 50% total.

Also, public squad recruitment seemed to be broke this morning as I couldn't find any magic combination of settings to make it work.

Davethulhu posted:

My read of the notes is that, rather than 1 kill/50 nanites cost for vehicle kills, it'll just be 1 kill. An improvement, but lancer auraxium is still a long ways off.

Also RIP welfare certs.

Why aren't you lance sniping MAXs?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Fans posted:

If you kill someone with the new knife their death screen will play the Psycho Slasher music sting. It's wonderful.

Definitely worth the purchase.

Currently I'm running around with my neon red latex, a flaming inferno skull helm, slashing guys to death.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Nakar posted:

brightness problem

Evilreaver posted:

Maybe it's just me, but the new dot sight is waaaay too faint, and gets lost in a firefight right away. Hmm.

Fart Car '97 posted:

New sights are way too dim

o muerte posted:

the intense glow on the optics is gone.

It's not too late to embrace salvation, guys.

Nakar posted:

On the bright side,
:getout:

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

I'm having great fun sneaking up behind people in my wraith flash, playing the funeral march horn then shooting them, i adore this update.

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005
Not a very good patch for me so far. Within about 15 minutes I've run into constant hitching, squad recruitment disabling itself every 5 seconds, auto-resupply no longer seems to work, and trying to log out of the game sent me to completely black screen that never went away.

I did have the joy of using a renegade flash to kill Wisdomcube when he was repairing his vanguard, and 2 more times on his run back, so I guess that sort of makes up for the bugs.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Auto-resupply got reset due to some change, you need to re-enable it.

roxxor5678
Jan 17, 2005

Cabbit posted:

Auto-resupply got reset due to some change, you need to re-enable it.

I tried that at the time. I'm having to uncheck it and recheck it every resupply to get anything.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

good job at adding a bunch of things I would pay money for if not for the fact it can only be used one month out of the year, Sony.

also uhh, what happened to letting me toggle FXAA?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

A good burn on reddit.

Radar_X posted:

Unless you value a cert at $0.00 the removal of passive certs from anyone but members makes Membership have a higher value. We can certainly argue subjectively what value means, but if you assign a physical amount to each benefit there are mathematically more of them now vs a non-member.

Amarsir posted:

SOE should give all the PS2 devs a raise. And by "give a raise" I mean give Radar a pay cut, so that everyone else's paycheck will be "higher value".

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
The wolf howl horn is a very good decision for use on the Flash. It perfectly accentuates the Renegade mauling.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Sard posted:

Flash suppressors are one of the worst attachments :colbert:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Sard posted:

I knew there was a reason I got the flash suppressor for my CARV a long time ago.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Oh hey, my 50% member XP bonus is entirely gone. Good job. :soe:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Patch day owns, unless you plan to actually play the game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Gobblecoque posted:

I knew there was a reason I got the flash suppressor for my CARV a long time ago.
I noticed that the thing that obscures your vision with the CARV isn't the muzzle flash now but the smoke. The smoke is not removed by a Flash Suppressor. So they're still pretty useless. Also on Vanu guns the Flash Suppressor removes the blue-green glow which makes the red dot easier to see, so it technically makes the problem worse!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Patch day owns, unless you plan to actually play the game.

Patch owns hard if you just logged on for 5 minutes to test out the new sights in VR. :cool:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

The new horns own so much. The old ones are half off, just in case you didn't pick one up yet!

Satan horn on the Flash is my favorite ever. I love 1v1ing a tank and then Satan-laughing as you speed off amongst the wreckage.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

NihilCredo posted:

A good burn on reddit.
That thread is painfully idiotic. I guess nobody likes having people to shoot? Well, if any of them are full-time ghostcappers I guess they don't care, do they.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Now instead of getting the cap xp once and waiting til the end of the capture they'll see the xp ticks more rapidly! More numbers popping up means more fun right? Who needs to shoot people in my fps when I can see shiny numbers pop up every so often?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Unclean009 posted:

Now instead of getting the cap xp once and waiting til the end of the capture they'll see the xp ticks more rapidly! More numbers popping up means more fun right? Who needs to shoot people in my fps when I can see shiny numbers pop up every so often?

Alternatively, it rewards getting your rear end on the point even if you fail to cap it, which means maybe people will actually get their rear end on the point and apply pressure instead of only going when they have a ball-crushing majority.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Cabbit posted:

Alternatively, it rewards getting your rear end on the point even if you fail to cap it, which means maybe people will actually get their rear end on the point and apply pressure instead of only going when they have a ball-crushing majority.
Oh the cap XP changes are really nice, don't get me wrong. I just think it's a bit silly that people are arguing that it's OK to remove the passive certs because of these new XP events. If people don't get hooked in and decide to start playing, it doesn't matter how much XP they'll get from doing so. The idea is to string them along, convince them to launch the game, convince them to come in and check the map, etc. Trickling small incentives is part of what might convince them to play longer or keep the game installed. Hell, I wouldn't play nearly as much as I do without the passive certs, even though I am a member.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Not getting your daily certs as a member is to me is like not showing up to a university class. You're paying for it, so you might as well get your money's worth.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Westy543 posted:

Not getting your daily certs as a member is to me is like not showing up to a university class. You're paying for it, so you might as well get your money's worth.

You aren't going to get your money's worth whether you show up for class or not.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Well, driving around for awhile during a pumpkin alert I found one (1) pumpkin. On the plus side, my Surger 2 ATV handles like a goddamn dream now.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nakar posted:

That thread is painfully idiotic. I guess nobody likes having people to shoot? Well, if any of them are full-time ghostcappers I guess they don't care, do they.
Literally everyone booing the people who have a problem with this "no daily cert" "feature" is pretty much the who's who of ghostcappers and fight deserters, including a DA member who I have never seen fight ever.

The fact that there are so many people like this in this game is a design problem.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's going to be great, alerts being disabled for an entire month. It's going to be great because nobody is going to notice or care except the VS who are already in the process of salt shaking like crazy on Reddit/official forums about WHY WON'T WE JUST DO STUFF THAT WE'VE CONSIDERED TO BE A POINTLESS WASTE OF TIME FOR OVER A YEAR. Also nice of course is the vindication that they're not even meant to be a meta, given that SOE is willing to shelve them in the first place for an entire month so we can shoot pumpkins.

TheTrend posted:

You know there is a reason poo poo is posted in the private games thread.

I don't know where this notion that the main PS2 thread for all goons should be scoured clean of all news about any events open to or of interest to all goons came from but it's totally off base. PGS threads are where (some) of this poo poo doesn't belong. If something fun is going on I expect to hear about it here. Should PTS notes not be posted too? It's not about the live server or goons so maybe it's just making GBS threads the thread up, not like the golden standard of comparing the VS to Jews in a concentration camp hahaha

On a related note:

My schedule is stablizing next week so I shall resume all-goons-welcome Totali-Terran Tuesday! Join us on Emerald TR at 7pm EDT, /tell FlakemoreBloodstab for an invite to the squad or check is a K0TH squad is open in the squad listing. The theme of the night will be "let's see what niche the Striker will fill that will be totally broken"

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Epic High Five posted:

The theme of the night will be "let's see what niche the Striker will fill that will be totally broken"
I think, like the Phoenix and Lancer, their only real hope for salvation is swarm tactics.

I also think that they would be loving hilarious with 20+ people using them at once. They're probably still rear end against air but they ought to be able to handle any ground vehicles by sheer area saturation. What's the max range on Striker projectiles now anyway?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nakar posted:

I think, like the Phoenix and Lancer, their only real hope for salvation is swarm tactics.

I also think that they would be loving hilarious with 20+ people using them at once. They're probably still rear end against air but they ought to be able to handle any ground vehicles by sheer area saturation. What's the max range on Striker projectiles now anyway?
400 last I used them on PTS a couple weeks ago, which is the distance sunderer bulldog shots can travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nakar posted:

The Lancer has its little known niche as a MAX fucker, and the Phoenix as a MANA turret demolition machine. The Striker has to be exceptionally good at SOMETHING that was largely unintended!

• Locked thread