Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
Another John Wick Poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

rawillkill posted:

Another John Wick Poster

Christ, I hope text sliced in half isn't a new trend. The Divergent poster did that same thing, and I'm sure other posters have too.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm the aliasing on the sliced parts.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I thought the MPAA was pretty strict on 'don't point guns at the viewer' when it came to posters. Has this changed, or did Lionsgate not run this by them before they decided to post it?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like KEANU REEVES

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Christ, I hope text sliced in half isn't a new trend. The Divergent poster did that same thing, and I'm sure other posters have too.

Text being sliced up has been a thing since like the beginning of loving time.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

kiimo posted:

You guys still miss trailer VO?
I liked it in the new Inherent Vice trailer.
But it did always used to ruin every foreign film VHS preview for me as a kid in the 90s.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
I think it's cool that Keanu Reeves is blurred out in that poster. We should blur him out of more things to see if they improve.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Robert Denby posted:

I thought the MPAA was pretty strict on 'don't point guns at the viewer' when it came to posters. Has this changed, or did Lionsgate not run this by them before they decided to post it?

It's not allowed in advertising which is rated “Approved (Without Restrictions)” or “Approved With Restrictions” but it's apparently allowed in advertising which is limited to “Restricted Audiences”.
http://www.filmratings.com/downloads/advertising_handbook.pdf

I guess no one told Quick Gun Murugun either:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Keanu Reeves is going to kill me, blow my brains out with a pistol, and that's ok.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 6, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

They're remaking The Town That Dreaded Sundown? Are they gonna keep in the police crossdressing stuff?

I hope so. That stuff offset the legit horror stuff nicely in the original.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

boom boom boom posted:

this is probably the least helpful spoiler tags ever.

They're remaking The Town That Dreaded Sundown? Are they gonna keep in the police crossdressing stuff?

Wikipedia calls it a meta-remake, and the plot synopsis says it takes place 65 years after the murders the original was based on.

So I don't know what the loving deal is with this movie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Wikipedia calls it a meta-remake, and the plot synopsis says it takes place 65 years after the murders the original was based on.

So I don't know what the loving deal is with this movie.

quote:

According to Deadline, Addison Timlin (pictured) will star in the redo. Now, here’s the interesting thing about this project. It’s taking a “meta” approach. The 1976 film of the same name exists in the world of this picture.

Deadline says Timlin plays “a young girl who survives a copycat massacre at the film’s annual tribute screening and sets out to solve the mystery of who’s recreating the unsolved Sackhead murders, using clues from her own past.”

The original film took its inspiration from the 1940s Texarkana murders in which a “Phantom Killer” stalked the town.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/173247-meta-version-of-the-town-that-dreaded-sundown-finds-its-leading-lady/

I guess that's pretty meta.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So before WB broke with Legendary we used to be on Seventh Son, which is a run of the mill fantasy movie that I kind of enjoyed. Here's our poster and ember jokes aside it is something that I wasn't ashamed of.

We packed up all our assets, washed our hands of the film and said good luck because the box office isn't going to be great. Legendary took over and when box office isn't great they can blame us. It's win win.

Except for this which just came out and call me crazy and I'm biased but is it me or does this suck rear end? I think the only good thing is the title treatment which we did. Ugh. "In the face of evil, claim your destiny." What does that even mean?

edit: oh hey look they also released this with a garbage title treatment. "When darkness falls, the son will rise" Word play like this is kind of considered bush league, especially when it barely works.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 2, 2014

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kiimo posted:

So before WB broke with Legendary we used to be on Seventh Son, which is a run of the mill fantasy movie that I kind of enjoyed. Here's our poster and ember jokes aside it is something that I wasn't ashamed of.

We packed up all our assets, washed our hands of the film and said good luck because the box office isn't going to be great. Legendary took over and when box office isn't great they can blame us. It's win win.

Except for this which just came out and call me crazy and I'm biased but is it me or does this suck rear end? I think the only good thing is the title treatment which we did. Ugh. "In the face of evil, claim your destiny." What does that even mean?

edit: oh hey look they also released this with a garbage title treatment. "When darkness falls, the son will rise" Word play like this is kind of considered bush league, especially when it barely works.

Man those two posters do look bad. And that last one reminds me a lot of the Killer is Dead box for the PS3.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Where we're going, we won't need torsos.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Meatwave posted:

I think it's cool that Keanu Reeves is blurred out in that poster. We should blur him out of more things to see if they improve.

Keanu Reeves is dope and cool, I would actually fight a person over this.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Julianne Moore looks really out of place, mostly since everyone else's faces are in half-shadow and she's a full moon.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GrandpaPants posted:

Also from the trailer, it doesn't look like anyone is actually taken in Tak3n. What a rip.

Liam Neeson has been very clear on the point that nobody is abducted this time. There's still a metaphorical taking, though: as Mills is being framed, someone is trying to take his life away.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Another Ealing/Guinness:

While the overall outcome is not a spoiler to anyone who's seen the first five minutes, it's still bizarre that the hows of it are spoiled. That said, Kind Hearts and Coronets is more about the poetry of the script (and how well Dennis Price sells it) than anything.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's not allowed in advertising which is rated “Approved (Without Restrictions)” or “Approved With Restrictions” but it's apparently allowed in advertising which is limited to “Restricted Audiences”.
http://www.filmratings.com/downloads/advertising_handbook.pdf

I guess no one told Quick Gun Murugun either:

This needs to be the forums motto.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I seriously love this poster.

E: The 2010 remake did a similar thing but way worse.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

TheJoker138 posted:

E: The 2010 remake did a similar thing but way worse.

Horror remakes in a sentence.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm the guy who said "No her underwear needs to be more up her rear end."

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yodzilla posted:

This rape's just not making me horny enough.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I'm not exactly sad that I finally watched the original, but I can't think of any reason to watch a remake.

I had similar feelings about Last House on the Left (but watched it anyway because Riki Lindhome). In the end, that one wasn't a bad movie and was slightly less repulsive than the original, but that isn't really a compliment. It's supposed to be repulsive.

Someone would really have to do some convincing to get me to watch an I Spit on Your Grave remake. Even if I was in a mood to watch something difficult, I'd probably just finally make myself sit through Cannibal Holocaust.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Yodzilla posted:

All these scratches and bruises are distracting. Just splash a little mud on her.

MajorB
Jul 3, 2007
Another stupid '07er
Mondo is releasing an exclusive edition of the Gaurdians of the Galaxy soundtrack! What amazing exclusive art will they use?

I will never, ever understand the appeal of Tyler Stout and his busy, confusing, headache-inducing, ugly-rear end posters.

MajorB fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 3, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Geekboy posted:

I'm not exactly sad that I finally watched the original, but I can't think of any reason to watch a remake.

I had similar feelings about Last House on the Left (but watched it anyway because Riki Lindhome). In the end, that one wasn't a bad movie and was slightly less repulsive than the original, but that isn't really a compliment. It's supposed to be repulsive.

Someone would really have to do some convincing to get me to watch an I Spit on Your Grave remake. Even if I was in a mood to watch something difficult, I'd probably just finally make myself sit through Cannibal Holocaust.

The remake is a lot less exploitive and insulting, so there's that. It's still not objectively good or anything but it's better than the original. The posters take an opposite tac, which is bizarre.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!
The remake poster isn't as good because it isn't as clear that she's holding the knife by the loving blade.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I know I'm late to Mila Kunis chat but she was really great in Black Swan, which coincidently has a great poster.

kiimo posted:

Yeesh, you aren't crazy, your poster is a lot better than what they went with.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mister J posted:

The remake poster isn't as good because it isn't as clear that she's holding the knife by the loving blade.

No she's not, she's holding it blade up by the handle.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

No she's not, she's holding it blade up by the handle.

Look closer.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
actually i should read closer because i misread what he posted

i blame it being early in the morning

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

MajorB posted:

Mondo is releasing an exclusive edition of the Gaurdians of the Galaxy soundtrack! What amazing exclusive art will they use?

I will never, ever understand the appeal of Tyler Stout and his busy, confusing, headache-inducing, ugly-rear end posters.

Ooof. This is a pretty ugly poster. Peter's the only character that looks like he was drawn right. Everyone else is misshapen.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

oh well, soundtrack on vinyl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lotish posted:

Ooof. This is a pretty ugly poster. Peter's the only character that looks like he was drawn right. Everyone else is misshapen.

It wouldn't look quite so terrible if he'd actually use some drat colour rather that making everything shades of grey with one accent colour thus rendering everything incomprehensible, but I guess that's his Thing and he's determined to run it into the ground as long as tasteless idiots will keep paying top dollar for it.