Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's Cryptic, so I think you already know the answer. :toot:

Ambush III only appears on very rare boffs if that helps narrow it down. Might want to search for a species as well as a career too, since the exchange doesn't properly sort by faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

Ambush III only appears on very rare boffs if that helps narrow it down. Might want to search for a species as well as a career too, since the exchange doesn't properly sort by faction.

As I learned to my annoyance last time I searched for a Fedside Klingon.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Asimo posted:

Well I looked through all of the Very Rares species by species and didn't find any also I think I'm gonna go kill myself now.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lagomorphic posted:

They have some niche uses for being a dick in PVP. If you're just running PVE and gearing up just ignore them entirely.

Web Mines, Web Mines for everyone.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

MikeJF posted:

Well I looked through all of the Very Rares species by species and didn't find any also I think I'm gonna go kill myself now.

Did you try asking in game during peak hours? Some goon probably has one. I'd have given you one a couple days ago, but I dumped a bunch of Boffs that had been sitting on the exchange not moving.

*Oh yeah, and try changing the search to list by descending prices. The exchange can get clogged with tons of cheap boffs, so the more valuable ones can get bumped off the list because it only shows the first 400 items. For boffs I usually invert the results by descending price, then look from the 400th item on the list and work backward to find the "Cheapest" of the bad deals. It's not the most fiscally advantageous why to do it, but sometimes it's the only way to track down a specific skill.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 2, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Patch day news!

quote:

From now until 10AM PDT on Monday, October 6th, 2014, we are having a 20% off sale on all ships. Have you been eyeing a new ship or ship bundle in the C-store? Now is the time to purchase the ship you've always dreamt of commanding!

Yes, 20% off ships that you're going to want to then splurge all your dil on upgrading in a couple of weeks!

And more news!

quote:

The brand new Intelligence Uniform has been added to the Delta Rising: Operations Pack for anyone that has already purchased the pack or purchases the pack moving forward. This uniform is available to all captains and bridge officers from any faction throughout the game.

The Intelligence Uniform pack includes an eye attachment, two jackets, a pair of gloves, a belt, trousers and boots.

In addition to the fantastic intelligence uniforms we’re also adding three Delta Vanguard Tech Upgrades to the Operations Pack. Each of these three upgrades will provide 110,000 Technology Points to any item you choose with zero dilithium cost to apply, which will help you get your favorite set well on its way to Mk 14. And again, all of this is simply added value at no additional cost to anyone that has already purchased the pack or anyone that purchases the pack moving forward.

Hot.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Is the Dyson Science Destroyer going to have a free upgrade to T5U?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Dyson Secondary Deflector upgrades fixed, no word on when they'll be usable on other ships still.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

Is the Dyson Science Destroyer going to have a free upgrade to T5U?
The event one will, since it's technically a lobi ship now. The $100 superior pack ones won't though, since they're not.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Asimo posted:

The event one will, since it's technically a lobi ship now. The $100 superior pack ones won't though, since they're not.

Cool, I've got the event one so that works.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

:cawg: at everyone who bought the pack.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Do you guys think their sales of the preorder pack might be really flat? They keep adding more and more

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Do you guys think their sales of the preorder pack might be really flat? They keep adding more and more

Didn't they do that last time?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah I think they just add stuff to the pack and announce it as it gets finished so they don't end up with people bitching about stuff being missing on launch day if something doesn't get finished in time. It also let's them advertise the pack every week under the guise of news.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
http://i5.minus.com/ib0WwGY1tgOEEi.jpg

Time to get your stormtrooper on with the next set of rep armor.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Didn't they do that last time?

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah I think they just add stuff to the pack and announce it as it gets finished so they don't end up with people bitching about stuff being missing on launch day if something doesn't get finished in time. It also let's them advertise the pack every week under the guise of news.
Yeah. I think they added... two different ships to the Romulus pack as it went along? And one or two other benefits. It's a pretty classic marketing thing; it makes the people who already go it have less buyer's remorse since they're getting "more", and it entices folks on the fence to give in. And if something's not quite done, they lose nothing by holding back on announcing it.

That said, I'd be kind of curious as to how well it's actually doing compared to the LoR pack. The game's got a larger playerbase now, but the current pack is cross-faction and there's a subset of players who find that a waste of money, and there's been a pretty big blowback over the upgrade bullshit. The Romulans were pretty massively in demand and hyped and I'm not sure "here's more Neelix!" has the same draw too. But, we'll never know.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 3, 2014

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I still don't feel like buying the the pack, and I bought the expensive LoR one without even feeling bad about it, if that's any indication. :v:

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Go back up-thread however many pages to when I posted about the pack when they first announced it. They screwed up in the associated FAQ forum post and spoiled that the Dauntless and the Intelligence Uniforms would be for anyone who already bought the pack. They knew exactly what they were planning from the beginning.

And yea, they did exactly the same thing for LoR. I'm more surprised that they haven't announced a smaller pack yet. Something like one cross-faction T6 ship, a special Boff, and the same DOffs that are in the big pack. Of course, they may think they lost sales of the big LoR pack to the smaller one.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That's quite possible. The starter pack was actually a pretty great bargain by STO standards; a starter ship, an endgame ship, and a unique bridge officer. The full pack gave you a bunch more ships, but if all you cared about was getting a romulan alt going that was plenty. It might have been a much more tempting option.

On the other hand, being called a "starter pack" means Cryptic thought it was mostly aimed towards new players, and since delta rising's clearly an endgame expansion they maybe just didn't see a need to put an entry option out there. Who knows.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So... very little chance of being able to buy those things piecemeal? Because I think those uniforms look swank, and I won't say to no buying a special boff or two, but I'm happy with my ships, and I'm not really seeing any reason to upgrade stuff yet.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm sure you'll be able to buy them one-by-one on the Zen store.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah. At least all the ships will be in the store, and you'll probably find equivalents to the bridge officers and doffs in play through some means or another. The only things really exclusive to the pack at the moment are the costumes and the titles, and nobody cares about the latter.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I still expect a Voyager Bundle that mirrors the DS9 Bundle: interior, shuttle (they've made the Aeroshuttle model), costume and other doo-dads.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

I still expect a Voyager Bundle that mirrors the DS9 Bundle: interior, shuttle (they've made the Aeroshuttle model), costume and other doo-dads.

I want a TNG bundle. They could make a third attempt at the Galaxy-class bridge.

Also if they gave us the Enterprise-D captain's yacht I'd buy it in a second. :downs:

Where do you get that they've made the Aeroshuttle.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 3, 2014

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

MikeJF posted:

I want a TNG bundle. They could make a third attempt at the Galaxy-class bridge.

Also if they gave us the Enterprise-D captain's yacht I'd buy it in a second. :downs:

From the glitched model that shows the Aeroshuttle hovering beneath the Intrepid saucer on Tribble.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

MikeJF posted:

This'n:

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
What's the deal with the whole level 60 thing? Has it been implemented yet?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

That said, I'd be kind of curious as to how well it's actually doing compared to the LoR pack. The game's got a larger playerbase now, but the current pack is cross-faction and there's a subset of players who find that a waste of money, and there's been a pretty big blowback over the upgrade bullshit. The Romulans were pretty massively in demand and hyped and I'm not sure "here's more Neelix!" has the same draw too. But, we'll never know.
Yeah, I have very little desire for it. I main a Romulan, so the majority of the ships would only be good for an alt I rarely play, and I don't have enough dil to upgrade all the equipment for my main and an alt anyway.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

curious lump posted:

What's the deal with the whole level 60 thing? Has it been implemented yet?
There's an "expansion" focused on the delta quadrant coming in two weeks or so, it'll hit then. Most of it looks pretty interesting, since there's a bunch of new story missions and new types of ships and officers, but Cryptic put the thumbscrews to people with vastly overpriced dil-fueled item upgrades to the new level cap and (possibly) expensive ship upgrades.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
Seeing as there is going to be so much stuff dependent on dilth, am I better off main-ing on a Klingon? It doesn't seem like there are many benefits for Feds in terms of mechanics if I make a Romulan char, and Klingons get all the dilth farming activities.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Quinntan posted:

Registered at the wiki as Quinntan.

You're in.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ComradeBigT posted:

Seeing as there is going to be so much stuff dependent on dilth, am I better off main-ing on a Klingon? It doesn't seem like there are many benefits for Feds in terms of mechanics if I make a Romulan char, and Klingons get all the dilth farming activities.

If I may add-on to these questions, what's the most cost-effective way I can get purple doffs for Marauding? I'm already going to transfer my only other alt's credits to my klankrom to buy dudes off the exchange- any other suggestions?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

ComradeBigT posted:

I know many will call me stupid, but KDF is really best for generating Dil for a fed main. The KDF STF ques are mostly people generating Dil, so the easy fleet credits for feds are more of a pain in the rear end for KDF. Basically, everything but Dil becomes a slog on the klingon side. Which I hate to say, because I really love some of the ships they get, and the cheap plasmonic leach.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Frankenstyle posted:

I know many will call me stupid, but KDF is really best for generating Dil for a fed main. The KDF STF ques are mostly people generating Dil, so the easy fleet credits for feds are more of a pain in the rear end for KDF. Basically, everything but Dil becomes a slog on the klingon side. Which I hate to say, because I really love some of the ships they get, and the cheap plasmonic leach.
Most queues are cross-faction. :ssh: The only ones that aren't are the fleet-specific queues, which admittedly do tend to take ages to pop but you can get fleet marks from most of the other queues too (basically everything except the borg STFs these days?) so that's not that big a problem. You'll almost certainly earn marks faster than you can spend them in NoP right now anyway.

Main reason not to go klingon is the limited ship and costume selection really. Although they have arguably the best cruiser (the Mogh is pretty much a straight upgrade to the Avenger) and most of the other top ships are cross-faction, so... eh. If you can live with that then go for it really.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Or you can go Klingon-aligned Romulan and get the best quality missions and ships in the game along with all the mechanical advantages (contra, plas leech) of KDF.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

bubbles depo posted:

http://i5.minus.com/ib0WwGY1tgOEEi.jpg

Time to get your stormtrooper on with the next set of rep armor.

Who was the goon who made the imperial officer uniform? This would be a good match.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MikeJF posted:

Or you can go Klingon-aligned Romulan and get the best quality missions and ships in the game along with all the mechanical advantages (contra, plas leech) of KDF.

Stupid question here- what's a plas leech?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

Stupid question here- what's a plas leech?

Best universal console money can buy

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Ludicro posted:

Who was the goon who made the imperial officer uniform? This would be a good match.

Hello, yes. Seriously considering it. Since Thrawn's Star Destroyer gets upgraded automatically, I may main him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Asimo posted:

Most queues are cross-faction. :ssh: The only ones that aren't are the fleet-specific queues, which admittedly do tend to take ages to pop but you can get fleet marks from most of the other queues too (basically everything except the borg STFs these days?)

Well yeah, but easy mode for 30-50 marks a pop was what I meant by a slog. Full disclosure though, I abandoned my KDF rom when he hit 50 like a year ago and just picked him up again in the last two weeks, so my opinion is questionable. I really do like the Ar'kif a lot, and I'm constantly surprised by how much contraband piles up in my inventory. I didn't mean to say KDF was a total waste at all, just that it's easier to fast track a Fed.

• Locked thread