Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Admiral Bosch posted:

i was born, raised, and still somehow loving live in eastern north carolina, two hours from jacksonville one way and two hours from fayetteville the other

gently caress all of you, i have it the worst, there are boot fuckheads in my town every weekend

NC is one of the best states I've been to, I'll seriously consider looking for work in and around Raleigh when I graduate. Boot fucks is worth dealing with imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Tardheels

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

NC is one of the best states I've been to, I'll seriously consider looking for work in and around Raleigh when I graduate. Boot fucks is worth dealing with imo

Raleigh and an hour east of Raleigh are loving worlds apart.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
About a week old now, but I'm in Graf and haven't stopped hearing about this because of loving 2CR next door.

Dude got trashed at Oktoberfest and then got messed up, got taken to the hospital and decided to beat an old man with a fire extinguisher and then go after the Polizei with it. They shot him in the legs, rightfully so.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
polizei are awesome dudes, only drunk retards who repeatedly do stupid poo poo get beat by them.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I know this one idiot who thinks that Krispy Kremes suck. I am eating one right now and it does not suck.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mike-o posted:

polizei are awesome dudes, only drunk retards who repeatedly do stupid poo poo get beat by them.

The Japanese police are also pretty cool. I watched some cute 5'2 chick judo throw some dumb drunken Marine and then she started beating the poo poo out of him with a night stick after he shoved another cop

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

zombie303 posted:

I know this one idiot who thinks that Krispy Kremes suck. I am eating one right now and it does not suck.

That idiot sucks for hating donuts.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

zombie303 posted:

Go to Dunkin' for some real donuts, scrub.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
said it before and ill say it again, krispy kremes taste like staypuft blasted a huge load all over em so theyre not that great

id rather have donuts from a safeway bakery or whatev

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Bolow posted:

The Japanese police are also pretty cool. I watched some cute 5'2 chick judo throw some dumb drunken Marine and then she started beating the poo poo out of him with a night stick after he shoved another cop

I want to say that the girls ones all have to do aikido. At least that's what I read years ago.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Pro level doughnut advice here.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Bolow posted:

dont stop im about to cum

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Victor Vermis posted:

dont stop im about to cum
then she got on top of him and starting choking the marine out with the night stick

afterwards she whispered into his ear "you're my little green bitch"

Nerato
Oct 17, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Weirdest people I met were from Michigan. :shrug:

Always the UP.

I resemble this remark far too closely. Are you sure it's not me you're talking about?

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Ever since Whip left us, there is no true donut expert here.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nerato posted:

I resemble this remark far too closely. Are you sure it's not me you're talking about?

the weirdest one was a dude who assured us that the UP of michigan had absolutely no franchise/chain businesses, that everything was locally owned and that he never saw a mcdonalds until he was 16

he was also really hardcore about the salvation army- i think his parents were high up in the organization? idk

we used to make fun of the UP in front of him, calling it the land that time forgot and that dinosaurs still roamed there, and he'd get super silent and mad at us. at least he'd shut up about the salvation army then

the only people weirder in basic were the pagans/wiccans. i don't know why so many of them join the army. it's really goddamn weird to me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

zombie303 posted:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Stultus Maximus posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

zombie303 posted:

I was just saying this last night. 7-11 doughnuts are pretty god drat good though.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Lazy Reservist posted:

I make my own donuts. I am king of donuts. :smug:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
It's a regional chain mostly in Texas and Arkansas, but not only are Shipley's donuts the best I've ever had, their sausage rolls are excellent as well.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ManMythLegend posted:

Stultus Maximus posted:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

It's a regional chain mostly in Texas and Arkansas, but not only are Shipley's donuts the best I've ever had, their sausage rolls are excellent as well.
They're called kolaches shitdick.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Bosch posted:

i was born, raised, and still somehow loving live in eastern north carolina, two hours from jacksonville one way and two hours from fayetteville the other

gently caress all of you, i have it the worst, there are boot fuckheads in my town every weekend

gently caress you! I live -IN- Jacksonville and work in Cherry Point. Your boot woes are poo poo compared to seeing them walking up and down the roads every weekend with their brand new clothes and holyMcMapballs backpacks. Then I get to drive up north and put up with little pog bitches all day during the week who cry about not being able to throw a 5 pound UAV into the air despite the countless hours they spend at the gym every night, snorting protein powder off of each other's bisceps.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Bum the Sad posted:

They're called kolaches shitdick.

No place in Texas has a right to call what they sell "kolaches" while the Czech Stop in West exists.

Nerato
Oct 17, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

the weirdest one was a dude who assured us that the UP of michigan had absolutely no franchise/chain businesses, that everything was locally owned and that he never saw a mcdonalds until he was 16

he was also really hardcore about the salvation army- i think his parents were high up in the organization? idk

we used to make fun of the UP in front of him, calling it the land that time forgot and that dinosaurs still roamed there, and he'd get super silent and mad at us. at least he'd shut up about the salvation army then

Outside of Marquette, Sault Sainte Marie, and Sainte Ignace (the only notable "metropolitan areas" [feel free to look up the population sizes and laugh] I can think off off hand) this is largely true-ish, although there are definitely small state/peninsula chains across the peninsula. Also the economy sucks really bad so second hand clothing / stuff is something of a godsend for some areas as well.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

at the date posted:

No place in Texas has a right to call what they sell "kolaches" while the Czech Stop in West exists.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

at the date posted:

I always wanted to stop there when I am going between Dallas and Austin but, I am making such great time.

Also, the UP is full of terrible people who need to stay Michiganders since most probably want to be horrible cheese-heads and they can get hosed.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nick Soapdish posted:

I always wanted to stop there when I am going between Dallas and Austin but, I am making such great time.

The Czech Stop is practically a second destination for me no matter where I'm actually headed.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Nerato posted:

Outside of Marquette, Sault Sainte Marie, and Sainte Ignace (the only notable "metropolitan areas" [feel free to look up the population sizes and laugh] I can think off off hand) this is largely true-ish, although there are definitely small state/peninsula chains across the peninsula. Also the economy sucks really bad so second hand clothing / stuff is something of a godsend for some areas as well.

e: nm misread

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Anyone recommending Czech Stop for kolaches hasn't tried Revival when they put them out.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I don't care where the kolaches come from. I want those sausages in my mouth now.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Lazy Reservist posted:

Nah, we have several Navy SWOs and some intel weenies.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

at the date posted:

fuckin a

Klobasniky are awesome in their own right tho

Basically all eastern European pastries are awesome.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 4, 2014

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

LCL-Dead posted:

gently caress you! I live -IN- Jacksonville and work in Cherry Point. Your boot woes are poo poo compared to seeing them walking up and down the roads every weekend with their brand new clothes and holyMcMapballs backpacks. Then I get to drive up north and put up with little pog bitches all day during the week who cry about not being able to throw a 5 pound UAV into the air despite the countless hours they spend at the gym every night, snorting protein powder off of each other's bisceps.

Ugh. Fair enough point. I still remember seeing a gaggle of boots walking around downtown one weekend and one of them was *wearing a day pack*. At like 11:30 at night, presumably walking to/coming back from one of the clubs.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What makes boots wear backpacks? In all my time at college I have never once felt the urge to wear my backpack unless I was taking my laptop and books to class.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Every day, like clockwork, 10 or so ROTC guys would come into the student center and make for the Wendy's. Then they'd all stand at attention while in line like they were headed for a firing squad or something. Close enough to whisper sweet nothings into the ear of the guy in front of them. Once they had their food, they would march out.

I've always wondered if this was normal or whether our college ROTC was (especially) retarded. They had a really bad rep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kavak posted:

What makes boots wear backpacks? In all my time at college I have never once felt the urge to wear my backpack unless I was taking my laptop and books to class.

It's convenient. I'm an E5 in Korea and being able to stuff my goodies in my backpack on the way back to my apartment makes me less likely to run into drifters who wants me poo poo. I don't have bags in hand, they don't know to beg. gently caress those begging fuckers I have a heartstring and they're tugging on it gently caress them forever I am American drat it. etc.