Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Jetfire is boss as hell and standing on my desk with all his guns combined to make a supergun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Blackheart posted:

There's more Grimlock coming though!

HIs head either becomes his feet (dumb) or pauldrons like AoE Grimlock (cool)

Looks badass even without paint (though a bit Godzilla-esque) and I'm gonna buy the gently caress outta that dude.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He has a nice Animated Grimlock vibe to it. I like it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sockser posted:

GRIMLOCK

BBTS has the Mouselock for $70 American, if your eBay thing doesn't work and that's an okay price to feed your addiction.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm worried about the next show. Not because of any complaints about bee or his crew or the new style. I think those all could work out quite well.

I'm worried because of Adam Beechan's involvement.
James Roberts may be more than we deserve but I think tfp's follow up deserves better than Beechan.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

BBTS has the Mouselock for $70 American, if your eBay thing doesn't work and that's an okay price to feed your addiction.

I have limits on my dumb affinity for plastic. Current bid on Mouselock is $30 or $40, $70 is just too dang much.

This is also why I have not yet purchased a Titanium Grimlock, which is good because he's stupid.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Grimlock is the Wolverine of Transformers.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Invictus posted:

What the hell is that.

It's either a brilliant Classics Firecon or an abysmal anything else.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Maybe they didn't want to have Hotspot be blue because he was just blue a few short years ago.

Are you saying that there is a finite amount of blue fire trucks that you can have at a certain time?

Because I think you might be wrong. :colbert:

Also these guys are apparently their own line like the Walmart Dinobots or Machine Wars. They're not in with AOE or Generations. Their box doesn't have the AOE décor and it doesn't have them listed as movie figures. The box is blank where all line identifications go. They're not even numbered and the wiki has them under the vague Transformers (2014).

They're honestly the weirdest exclusive in quite some time.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 3, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I ordered a Hot Spot/The Other One 2-pack and this is my brief review:

Hot Spot: Yay it's this mold, I like this mold and don't get tired of it. Pretty good QC/plastic, somewhere in the neighborhood of that Target-exclusive TFA Shockwave, in that it's not quiiite the level of quality demanded by the mold but close enough I guess. Maybe like a Kre-o brick...not as bad as a megablock, but feels kind of rough and sharp the longer you handle it. Really floppy out of the box but after taking a screwdriver to it (for like 15 minutes, there are a lot of screws!), it's tight enough to hold poses. Now I just need Renderform or Headrobots to release a Hosehead kit for him.

The Other One: Poo from a butt. Bayforming at its worst, and all the issues that a toy gets when the mold is used for the 4th time. I would give it to my nephew or something but I love him and he has great taste in TFs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
To be fair, the original Grapple release of that mould was all kinds of floppy too.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

To be fair, the original Grapple release of that mould was all kinds of floppy too.

That's the one version of this mold I haven't owned. I'm happy to finally have this head/crane. :)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's weird, the only version of the mold I have (GDO Hotspot) is fantastic all around, from materials to paint to articulation tightness. Same with his mate Powerdive.

I want to eat deluxe Crosscut. That shiny red is simply too appealing. No robot should ever look so delicious.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Blackheart posted:

That's weird, the only version of the mold I have (GDO Hotspot) is fantastic all around, from materials to paint to articulation tightness. Same with his mate Powerdive.

Yeah, same, I dunno what to tell you. I'd be happy to hear it's just me and I got a bum copy, but I kind of doubt it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

I want to eat deluxe Crosscut. That shiny red is simply too appealing. No robot should ever look so delicious.

Yeah GDO Hotspot is very tight, however my Protectobots Hotspot isn't really all that floppy.

Protectobot Hotspot however has Neon blue Lightpiping and both his chest and eyes have it, and it actually works well unlike all 3 previous versions of the mold. They either had painted over lightpiping or clear plastic(which sucks for lightpiping).

I'm going to get the other set later in the month once I find roadbuster, Skybyte and Windblade's wave.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SlothfulCobra posted:

Grimlock is the Wolverine of Transformers.

Interesting theory. Tell me more. What does this make Bumblebee?

Blackheart posted:

It's true, that is some good red right there.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Interesting theory. Tell me more. What does this make Bumblebee?

Jubilee.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Transformers Cyclops is Prowl
Always right and always vilified

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

Transformers Cyclops is Prowl
Always right and always vilified

I thought Cyclops would be Bumblebee. Because the company keeps forcing his inclusion despite people knowing that he sucks and not wanting him around.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Mirage is what...Nightcrawler I guess? BW Inferno gets to be Pyro, obviously, and Grandus is the Blob.

oh god someone stop me

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I thought Cyclops would be Bumblebee. Because the company keeps forcing his inclusion despite people knowing that he sucks and not wanting him around.

My taint has been severely reaped by this horrible post

Also bumblebee and grimlock are both wolverine, simultaneously, for companies forcing them into poo poo and for being the preteen "bad boy" fodder

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

G1 Ratchet is Xavier BC his toy is crippled

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Optimus Prime is Jean Gray because death is a merry go round

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Invictus posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA check out the lower right corner.
Maybe it's because I'm on my iPod's tiny screen, but I don't get it. :saddowns:

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

IDW,

Please introduce a new character using Movie Hound as a base into G1 continuity like you did Lockdown so I can keep him with my Generations toys. Also Scorn.

Thanks

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Maybe it's because I'm on my iPod's tiny screen, but I don't get it. :saddowns:

The lower right has the scoop from RID grimlock. Just the scoop.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The lower right has the scoop from RID grimlock. Just the scoop.

Look again. Animated Grimlock is standing on RiD Grimlock. You can see the treads under his feet.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

MB13 posted:

Look again. Animated Grimlock is standing on RiD Grimlock. You can see the treads under his feet.

Oh hey, good call. I still like the idea that he was there, but they just couldn't be bothered to get him into frame.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
This may be old news, but a Takara repaint of Arcee is already up for preorder, and she looks a lot better than the Hasbro version (just at twice the price):

Hasbro:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23994&mode=retail

Takara (richer pink, no black paint apps, more on-model to the G1 animation):
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11971&mode=retail

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

This may be old news, but a Takara repaint of Arcee is already up for preorder, and she looks a lot better than the Hasbro version (just at twice the price):

Hasbro:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23994&mode=retail

Takara (richer pink, no black paint apps, more on-model to the G1 animation):
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11971&mode=retail

I... like the black...

ForeverSmug posted:

Also bumblebee and grimlock are both wolverine, simultaneously, for companies forcing them into poo poo and for being the preteen "bad boy" fodder

Spidey gets pushed forced into everything, more than even Wolverine.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Whoa there. Cyclops is awesome and doesn't suck at all, at least in the current status quo.

Cyclops was right.

Bumblebee, on the other hand... is kind of like how Cyclops used to be before, um, stuff happened. Stuff like "character development."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spidey gets pushed forced into everything

... even transformers comics!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

ForeverSmug posted:

As someone who has counted Cyclops as his favorite X-character since the '80s, I concur. Cyke gets a lot of hate for being an imperfect and believable person in a series full of one note walk-ons.

quote:

I instantly mentally assigned the brown/orange suit to Grimlock and the yellow/black suit to Bumblebee, so I support this comparison.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Scrounge is Morph.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Cyclops exists nowadays to be the jerk rules guy trying to get in wolverine's way so he has somebody to rebel against + constantly prove he's better than

gently caress wolverine

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ForeverSmug posted:

Cyclops exists nowadays to be the jerk rules guy trying to get in wolverine's way so he has somebody to rebel against + constantly prove he's better than

gently caress wolverine

Umm? Right now Cyclops is seen as a mutant terrorist (same ol' Cyclops, trying to do the right thing) akin to Magneto (also his bud) and his group are fugitives while Wolverine is wearing a cummerbund or whatever and making all the rules and is in charge at the school and hanging out with all the cool kids and I think he's gonna "die" for a while? Till the next status quo reset.

But yeah, gently caress Wolverine.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cyclops is the guy that everyone hates because he has to make the tough, unpopular decisions. Also everyone around him is constantly dying, and there's nothing he can do to stop it. Of course he's going to get sick of it.

Wolverine is the cool jerk who's tough and doesn't play by the rules. Everybody loves him out of nowhere, so the writers have to keep coming up with cool things for him to do, like murdernswarms of dudes.

I guess Bumblebee would be analagous to Kitty Pride back in the 80s as the kid-appeal character who's not so great at fighting, can't settle on a name, and decades later on he has to be totally reinvented to stay relevant.

IDW Megatron is kind of like Magneto, but Optimus Prime isn't morally questionable enough to be Prof X.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 4, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the stores near me are starting to get the Rattrap and Windblade waves. They must have gotten the cases just minutes before I arrived because I witnessed the tail end of an argument between two scalpers about who's getting all the windblades. TRU has a Buy One get One 40% off sale so these two guys were getting real angry about toys and how nobody wants crosscut or Jhiaxus or even nightbeat.

Clearly souless individuals and I wished a pox upon their respected houses.

I wound up picking up two out of the four figures in the wave and I'm going back Monday for Crosscut. But yeah the two idiots got all the windbaldes from what looked like 5 full cases of the wave.

So I went home and ordered Windblade, Roadbuster, and Skybyte because I'm figuring they're going to be a pain in the rear end to get. And I preordered Arcee and the other blue motorcycle lady guy just to be safe.

Now the question is do I ship my Pile of loot now with all the legends waves and rattrap and tankor, or do I wait for Arcee to come since they're listed as October?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

But yeah the two idiots got all the windbaldes from what looked like 5 full cases of the wave.

Dehumanize your self and fight those scalperS

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

strangehamster posted:

Dehumanize your self and fight those scalperS

How to you dehumanize yourself to fight something that clearly isn't human?

I think one guy was half fungus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Taint Reaper posted:

How to you dehumanize yourself to fight something that clearly isn't human?

I think one guy was half fungus.

Half man, half jorts.