Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh my God how did I not know about this :hawaaaafap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CommissarMega posted:

Oh my God how did I not know about this :hawaaaafap:

It's an amazingly good console, basically an easy mode for the game, and is definitely worth the zen to buy it on KDF. (And right now it's 20% off!)

Unfortunately on fedside it's something like 50 million EC on the exchange. Still worth it once you get there.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MikeJF posted:

It's an amazingly good console, basically an easy mode for the game, and is definitely worth the zen to buy it on KDF. (And right now it's 20% off!)

Unfortunately on fedside it's something like 50 million EC on the exchange. Still worth it once you get there.

Completely anecdotal but you might be better off buying keys on the exchange and opening Tal Shiar lock boxes if you want one. I've gotten two of them in about 20 boxes

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Has anyone tried putting that in the upgrader?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Acer Pilot posted:

Has anyone tried putting that in the upgrader?

It converted to gold after the upgrade patch, so not upgradable.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Buying that Varanus destroyer or whatever for the Plasmonic Leech was definitely worth it. Even with only 1 A2B ability on my CDR Engineering Boff, it's not a big deal staying at or close to 125 weapon power.

This may have been answered before, but is there a way to narrow down boffs based on skills or is the only way put on netflix and comb through the exchange to look for the one or two dudes with A2B I?

Also, I'm saving up my dil and fleet credits for the Elite Fleet Disruptors. I was planning on going with the [acc]x2[dmg] variety. Good move? Bad move?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
There's a boff trainer that can train A2B1 at ESD/Kronos/New Romulus.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

CommissarMega posted:

If I may add-on to these questions, what's the most cost-effective way I can get purple doffs for Marauding? I'm already going to transfer my only other alt's credits to my klankrom to buy dudes off the exchange- any other suggestions?

Don't bother buying purples just get greens or blues for the appropriate departments. You can get free purples for marauding by going out and doing the colonization chains while you maraud. Arcanis Arm craps out tractor beam doffs for hitting freighters and Eridon and Kazan clusters well get you purple weapons doffs which are good for freighters and the other assignments. D'kel and Tong give security guys which are useful in some assignments as well. Also be sure to do the facility 4200 fugitive chain once finished it unlocks a repeatable under military assignments that gives 2 or 5 contra and gives blue prisoners that can be exchanged for random blues/purples.

MoraleHazard posted:

Also, I'm saving up my dil and fleet credits for the Elite Fleet Disruptors. I was planning on going with the [acc]x2[dmg] variety. Good move? Bad move?

They're okay but you should consider just buying some plasma weapons with [acc]x2 [crtd]. They should be fairly cheap, will work better than fleet and will be account bound so you can shuffle them off to an alt if you end up switching weapon types. If you're married to disruptor you can also just get regular disruptors as well, I just really love plasma because the embassy consoles are great. Also keep in mind you can save a bit of money buy buying mk xi's and chucking some dil at them to upgrade instead of buying mk xii.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 3, 2014

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Can I get a Dental invite for Quinntan@Quinntan?

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
What's the easiest way to get EC? Earlier in the thread someone recommended the foundry loot missions, but I did one and the drops were pretty crappy. No where near the "you should have an empty inventory before starting" leveled promised by the maker.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

curious lump posted:

What's the easiest way to get EC? Earlier in the thread someone recommended the foundry loot missions, but I did one and the drops were pretty crappy. No where near the "you should have an empty inventory before starting" leveled promised by the maker.

You get 500,000 from finishing the Tour the Galaxy daily. Even if you don't finish you get a good chunk of it just by doing the runs through the sectors.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

curious lump posted:

Yeah foundry farms are basically dropping half loot right now. There's a loot cap and an xp cap and both stop being awarded once you hit either so the double xp fucks with it. I made some foundry farms (search for exterminate to find them. The trick with mine is that it's a single map and you're not intended to actually complete the mission just run the map once, sell your poo poo (they start next to a vendor) and cycle to your next alt. The maps reset after a while anyways so it saves you the :effort: of searching for the mission every time. You'll hit pretty much hit the cap in a single pass with bonus xp on or two passes normally. Also if you're farming foundry drops bump the difficulty up to advanced otherwise the ships get killed by warp breaches way to often and they don't give loot when they do.

Edit: If you don't have a bunch of alts to cycle through you're probably better off just going to the undine space battlezone you'll get dil for it and shitloads of crap drops to vendor for EC. It's not capped at all either. Or you can just roll up some klanks and go marauding, it's a good time to do it since contraband prices are up.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 3, 2014

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
rVyloa9X

Go dump this in Arc for a free section 31 outfit. There's only around 200 left to claim so be quick.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Ludicro posted:

Who was the goon who made the imperial officer uniform? This would be a good match.

I was the one who made the original stormtrooper outfit out of the mine costume. I think Thronde went through the effort to do the whole officer and variants uniforms.

Also I see we're getting that weird "rifle" from Voyager that looks more like some bizarre gardening tool or industrial robot piece.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Lagomorphic posted:

They're okay but you should consider just buying some plasma weapons with [acc]x2 [crtd]. They should be fairly cheap, will work better than fleet and will be account bound so you can shuffle them off to an alt if you end up switching weapon types. If you're married to disruptor you can also just get regular disruptors as well, I just really love plasma because the embassy consoles are great. Also keep in mind you can save a bit of money buy buying mk xi's and chucking some dil at them to upgrade instead of buying mk xii.

Yeah, I'm kind of married to them since I got the fleet vulnerability locators first which may have been a bad move. I'm running Mk XI nanite disruptors right now which do fine, more or less. If I'm paying attention, I get top damage on most public STFs (except Crystalline Challenge).

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MoraleHazard posted:

Just buy a couple of Galors and use the pissbeams :v:

Seriouspost, plasma is great for PVE because you can get Romulan equipment to enhance it's damage. But disruptor's aren't a bad choice either, and you can practically do a rainbow ship with all the different disruptor types available.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Goat Pillager posted:

rVyloa9X

Go dump this in Arc for a free section 31 outfit. There's only around 200 left to claim so be quick.

Incorrect product key message. Does that mean its been used up?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Gnome de plume posted:

Incorrect product key message. Does that mean its been used up?

Yea, there were only 300 available total. They posted on Twitter that it died about two hours ago.

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Lagomorphic posted:

Edit: If you don't have a bunch of alts to cycle through you're probably better off just going to the undine space battlezone you'll get dil for it and shitloads of crap drops to vendor for EC. It's not capped at all either. Or you can just roll up some klanks and go marauding, it's a good time to do it since contraband prices are up.

I tried an Undine battlezone and the drops were great, but pubbies suck and they all dropped on me. Turns out the level 40 Rommy ship cant solo an entire stf.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What are the best ways to get dil taking into consideration time and fun?

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Baron Porkface posted:

What are the best ways to get dil taking into consideration time and fun?

STFs mostly. You can do the dailies for pvp and stuff like the breen/defera zone, but those can get stale too.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
So Latest tribble patch notes had this gem

"Upgrading a ship which has a fleet version will upgrade the fleet version for free. Also, upgrading a fleet ship will upgrade its standard version for free."

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Tuskin38 posted:

So Latest tribble patch notes had this gem

"Upgrading a ship which has a fleet version will upgrade the fleet version for free. Also, upgrading a fleet ship will upgrade its standard version for free."

So, does that mean if you have a standard ship, it upgrades to the fleet version then upgrades again? Or does it apply if you have both a standard and fleet version in your ship roster?

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

wdarkk posted:

So, does that mean if you have a standard ship, it upgrades to the fleet version then upgrades again? Or does it apply if you have both a standard and fleet version in your ship roster?

No, it just makes it that when you get the fleet version, its already T5-U. Good for Alts that don't have the fleet version yet I guess.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the T5U upgrade is separate from the fleet upgrade. A T5U non-fleet ship gets the benefits of the starship mastery stuff, increased hull, and extra console, but is still short the additional extra console and hull/shield boosts of the fleet iteration.

It's why there's going to be T5U D'kyr's and Guramba's despite those having no fleet versions.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Basically, it means people can upgrade their ships to T5-U before getting a fleet ship without wasting money.

Here's a link to the part of yesterday's Guardian Cruiser livestream where they show off the customisation options if you're like me and wanna see space barbie stuff. It looks like you can turn off all the Cryptic dumb bits and get a really nice classic 24th century style Trek ship.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 4, 2014

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The Guardian is pretty spiffy looking, I hope it's not a shitbarge

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

It's pretty good. It's the first genuinely decent heavy cruiser the feds have gotten in long drat time, that's for sure.

Granted the Eclipse is a Galor that trades pissbeam access for a cloak, so it's probably not going to see a lot of use anyway :v:

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 4, 2014

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
It's actually pretty decent in game, too bad the initial promo pics of it were hideous. The mini pylon mounted nacelles are dumb, however.

Edit: Smirks is the guy that replaced brainflakes, right?
Edit edit: O hay, the game is downloading a 6.5gb patch after you exit so those of you with bandwidth caps beware.

Dootman fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 4, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dootman posted:

It actually pretty decent in game, too bad the initial promo pics of it were hideous. The mini pylon mounted nacelles are dumb, however.

Thankfully you can remove the mini-nacelles and the bumper on the front of the saucer.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
Now if we could strip off that ugly plate on the center of the deflector. That same plate is what turned me off on the Odyssey.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Quinntan posted:

Can I get a Dental invite for Quinntan@Quinntan?

You're invited to TheNextGooneration, ask in there and someone will invite you to Dental.

WD40
Nov 25, 2005

I wish I still had time to play this stupid terrible game

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

WD40 posted:

I wish I still had time to play this stupid terrible game

Get in mumble some time, we miss your charming accent classing up the place.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
Gonna try this terrible game again, could I get an invite for Yolek Swagras@Xerenith?
Edit: Thanks!

Fatal Error fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 4, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I have to wonder who they're gonna tune around in terms of combat-top end or low end?

There's a large difference and growing larger what with 'Tier 5 U'.

I wonder if you can put those weird Romulan ground weapons in the upgrader?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 4, 2014

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Bloodly posted:

I wonder if you can put those weird Romulan ground weapons in the upgrader?

You mean things like the piercing beam rifles? I put that in the upgrader and it's pretty nice.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Soviet Commubot posted:

You mean things like the piercing beam rifles? I put that in the upgrader and it's pretty nice.

I ran one up from Mk IX to a purple XIII, and for everything but Borg I love it more than my upgraded TR-116B. Actually, a lot more. Using it feels like cheating.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Frankenstyle posted:

I ran one up from Mk IX to a purple XIII, and for everything but Borg I love it more than my upgraded TR-116B. Actually, a lot more. Using it feels like cheating.

If you like the piercing beam guns you'll love the Voth Shocktrooper Cannon. It's in the lobi store if you can spare the lobi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

MikeJF posted:

Basically, it means people can upgrade their ships to T5-U before getting a fleet ship without wasting money.

Here's a link to the part of yesterday's Guardian Cruiser livestream where they show off the customisation options if you're like me and wanna see space barbie stuff. It looks like you can turn off all the Cryptic dumb bits and get a really nice classic 24th century style Trek ship.

Here's hoping that the Romulan and Klingon ships will get as good customisation too.

Yeah, as if. :smith:

• Locked thread