Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MONDAY 9/29
• Doug Benson @DougBenson
• Hari Kondabolu @harikondabolu
• Kyle Kinane @kylekinane

TUESDAY 9/30
• Adam Newman @Adam_Newman
• Mike Lawrence @TheMikeLawrence
• Heather Anne Campbell @heathercampbell

WEDNESDAY 10/1
• Tom Lennon @thomaslennon
• Cameron Esposito @cameronesposito
• Daniel Sloss @Daniel_Sloss

THURSDAY 10/2
• Tim Minchin @timminchin
• Rhys Darby @rhysiedarby
• TBA @TBA

Tom Lennon's back, can he keep his winning streak of 1 going? And holy poo poo, Tim Minchin AND Rhys Darby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Wow, can't believe they got Tim Minchin. That's going to be interesting.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
TBA? Have they ever had that this close to the air date?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I can't believe they're bringing back Rhys Darby. I mean, his second time wasn't that bad, but holy gently caress was his first appearance even worse than David Spade. :psyduck:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

PassTheRemote posted:

TBA? Have they ever had that this close to the air date?

Oh yeah. Hell, last week Chloe for 24 was supposed to be on one and was replaced.

Generic American posted:

I can't believe they're bringing back Rhys Darby. I mean, his second time wasn't that bad, but holy gently caress was his first appearance even worse than David Spade. :psyduck:

Rhys Darby is amazing, and is one of the funniest people on this show.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Rhys Darby was awful his first time on the show (which I only remember because Iliza Sheslinger was also on that one) and not much better on the second. Plus, there was no bar set for him because (I think) that was the first or second episode of the show I saw.

Is Doug Benson's entire comedic schtick "I'm a big stoner who got baked before I took the stage tonight"?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is Doug Benson's entire comedic schtick "I'm a big stoner who got baked before I took the stage tonight"?
Yeah pretty much. He's like that every time he's been on the show, and he's been on quite a few times. I find him funny in the context of this show, but it's easy to see how some people wouldn't.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Benson's a funny guy beyond the pot gimmick, it just depends on the night. Sometimes he (and those speaking to him,) lay it on a little too thick.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahaha, Mike Lawrence went from having negative points for calling Chris Bono to having 100 points for "Where The Tweets Have No Name" :allears:

e: Almost the entire Millennial TV Shows segment was solid gold.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 1, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That was a drat fine episode.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
We need a beard panel with Mike Lawrence, Kyle Kinane, and Ron Funches.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mike Lawrence's beard looked like if he let it go too much longer without maintaining it, it could easily take over his entire head and I loved that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

#WorseThanRocktober

Tom Lennon: "January Jones" :allears:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
That Finnish dude reminds me of Sander Cohen from "Bioshock." Just add the Dali mustache...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What was that "Batman's doctor" bit about?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tom Lennon has officially won @Midnight twice. The world will come to an end very soon.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

haveblue posted:

What was that "Batman's doctor" bit about?

Tom Lennon played Bruce Wayne's doctor in "The Dark Knight Rises."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Tom Lennon: Two-time @Midnight champion. :allears:

OmegaBR posted:

Benson's a funny guy beyond the pot gimmick, it just depends on the night. Sometimes he (and those speaking to him,) lay it on a little too thick.

It just seems like he leans too heavily on it, right down to looking like he's high every time he's on like it's part of the act, as if to say "I've got nothing else to pull here, puff-puff-pass, maaaaaan".

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

It just seems like he leans too heavily on it, right down to looking like he's high every time he's on like it's part of the act, as if to say "I've got nothing else to pull here, puff-puff-pass, maaaaaan".

It doesn't help that the writers go out of their way to find every even remotely weed related thing they can when he comes on.

If you listen to his podcast, Doug Loves Movies, he barely even mentions it there.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This is a really surreal episode so far.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
This is the most unfortunate-looking panel I've ever seen on anything ever.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

That was a shockingly good episode and the Tim Michin Rhys Darby combo was hilarious. Those two get along like gangbusters.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stop Starring Bitches

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The extended version..it is amazing.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

Wow. Rhyes was on fire that episode. I swear every time I see him he gets more funny.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

BobMcFartsens posted:

Wow. Rhyes was on fire that episode. I swear every time I see him he gets more funny.

Yea he's getting better with every appearance.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
yup, that was a great panel. I'm glad Chris had them all stick around for FTW.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The extended version..it is amazing.

Could not agree more. Rhyes getting points randomly and trying to buy Nebraska is the best!

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Well, looks like I have to buck the gently caress up and eat my crow, because even I have to admit that Rhys was blazing it up out there. I still maintain that his first appearance is the worst thing ever on @midnight, but that sin is now forgiven in my book. :tipshat:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Monday Oct. 6

Alice Wetterlund@alicewetterlund
Dan Levy@danlevy
Baron Vaughn@barvonblaq

Tuesday Oct. 7

Maria Bamford@mariabamfoo
Eddie Pepitone@eddiepepitone
James Adomian@JAdomian

Wednesday Oct. 8

Cash Levy@CashLevy
TJ Miller@nottjmiller
Sara Schaefer@saraschaefer1

Thursday Oct. 9

Grace Helbig@gracehelbig
Henry Zebrowski@HenryLovesYou
Matt Mira@MattMira

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Generic American posted:

Well, looks like I have to buck the gently caress up and eat my crow, because even I have to admit that Rhys was blazing it up out there. I still maintain that his first appearance is the worst thing ever on @midnight, but that sin is now forgiven in my book. :tipshat:

Sorry, his first appearance was only one of the worst. No one has yet come close to David Spade, who was actively unfunny. He was negatively humorous. How the hell do you even manage that?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Mr. Fowl posted:

Sorry, his first appearance was only one of the worst. No one has yet come close to David Spade, who was actively unfunny. He was negatively humorous. How the hell do you even manage that?

And an honorable mention to Jason Biggs, who I'm still convinced had no idea what show he was actually on.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I'll accept that I'm probably in the vast minority when I say this... but Rhys Darby #1 was honestly, unequivocally worse than David Spade for me. Spade sucked massive rear end and made me groan with pretty much every answer, but I'll take a bad guest any day of the week over the sheer irritation of whatever Darby's gimmick was that first time. Not only did I groan, but I actively wanted to turn it off every time he buzzed in.

Jason Biggs, I do not remember in the slightest. Which, I suppose says a lot about what impression he left on me. :D

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

That panel was ok but Alice Wetterlund's whole style definitely did things for me. She's pretty funny too. Dany levy however needs to stop being invited on the show, he's incredibly bland every time.

Oh and best line was definitely:

"The venerable reverend Ludachristian"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Am I crazy, or is the middle podium cursed lately?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

#YesAllCheezIts

Eddie Pepitone's crotchety old man schtick was pretty funny and that whole Tinder segment was great.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Thread must be renamed to "Blow Goebbels and a handjob for Himmler".

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CapnAndy posted:

Thread must be renamed to "Blow Goebbels and a handjob for Himmler".
I laughed way too loving hard when he said that :golfclap:

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

skaboomizzy posted:

Am I crazy, or is the middle podium cursed lately?

I just started watching, and I was going to ask this same question, since every single time I've watched, it's always been the middle person who lost (besides the one episode where everyone got to stay)

Anyway, this show is great as someone with a shameful love of terrible puns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
During the speed rounds especially it seems like the middle buzzer gets boxed out a lot.

• Locked thread