Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
The 7 Bucks or whatever I spent on the Zealot voice was the best seven dollars I was going to spend seven dollars on all week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I wonder if the range boost will alleviate the audio warping when the vehicle moves?

MuffinMan posted:

The 7 Bucks or whatever I spent on the Zealot voice was the best seven dollars I was going to spend seven dollars on all week.

I wish I could buy a voice pack for 7 bucks. :(

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Then stop buying MLP figurines off amazon.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Westy543 posted:

I wonder if the range boost will alleviate the audio warping when the vehicle moves?

I wish I could buy a voice pack for 7 bucks. :(

Try being a dota hat baron you have more steam wallet than you know what to do with.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jesus Christ the hit detection is so bad right now. I have to fire three Mag-Scatter blasts at point blank range to kill people.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

MuffinMan posted:

Try being a dota hat baron you have more steam wallet than you know what to do with.

Luigi30 teach me your ways :pray:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah i love all the new poo poo but i refuse to give SOE any more money because they are loving incompetent so unless theres mega 60-90% off sales just gonna save my monthly thing for heroic boosts.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah these alerts are loving horrible, either I grab a wraith flash and orbit 5 or so points on a map in my own territory for an hour (and find nothing for my efforts and gain no xp), grab a plane and get farmed by the sky gods who are feasting on all the non pilots doing this, or play the actual game, take no part at all in the seasonal event, get no fun stuff and have to enjoy having 0 input on any alerts.

Meanewhile they break a load of basic functionality right at the beginning of an event designed to try and keep you coming back all month.

I got a hood ornament for 25sc tho I guess that bit was ok.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Seasonal alert is bust right now, you'd need to participate in about 20 alerts before you could afford anything and that's if you're really lucky. Just ignore them and go Tomcat/Banshee people trying to collect pumpkins.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Fans posted:

The Seasonal alert is bust right now, you'd need to participate in about 20 alerts before you could afford anything and that's if you're really lucky. Just ignore them and go Tomcat/Banshee people trying to collect pumpkins.

I think I might just break out the burster max more often tbh. I still don't think I can win a sky duel and the air hammer is not as forgiving for farming.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Evilreaver posted:

My squaddie reported that PS2 was using all 8 gigs of RAM he has, plus 12 gigs more in the page file. Disabling the page file stopped the hitching, but now he gets an out-of-memory crash every hour or so.
I have had no problems running with 16.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Blasmeister posted:

I think I might just break out the burster max more often tbh. I still don't think I can win a sky duel and the air hammer is not as forgiving for farming.

I am an atrocious pilot, you don't win sky-duels with the Tomcats you just wobble about firing guided missiles at them until they explode or charge you and kick your rear end.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I have had no problems running with 16.

I run with 8 gigs and PS2 typically runs with 4.5ish, and I don't have a hitching problem.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

They forgot the part where smedly comes into frame screaming why the gently caress it isn't done yet before shouting, 'WE'LL DO IT LIVE!'.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Apparently the Haloween Knife and Candy Gun will be able to be bought with Certs soon. I'll be saving up for that because gently caress the Seed Game.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Evilreaver posted:

I run with 8 gigs and PS2 typically runs with 4.5ish, and I don't have a hitching problem.

I run 12 GB and I still get (slight) hitching. It seems like it's base dependent more than anything, which is nonsensical but there you go.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Skywhale horn is annoying already.
These new reflex sights are too dim to see.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Evilreaver posted:

I too have 8 gigs and that's pretty much my experience. I do get some occasional hitching but it's more like the prelude to a crash than the regular performance hitching like some people are complaining about

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

The "bug" is wearing a DA shirt. loving :lol:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
The problem is clear. The QA department is all women.

Maddot_66 posted:

The "bug" is wearing a DA shirt. loving :lol:

The bug is Higby isn't it?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 4, 2014

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Incoming forumside whining about how Emerald VS is given favorable treatment by SOE due to that shirt.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Zaodai posted:

I run 12 GB and I still get (slight) hitching. It seems like it's base dependent more than anything, which is nonsensical but there you go.

I suspect that hitching in general is related to disk access. Most likely paging to/from the swap file but it could be the game loading other resources off disk as well.

If anyone is familiar with Resource Monitor it might be worthwhile to run it on a second screen and see if disk access spikes when you hitch.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

That could very well be it. When I have it the worst and don't crash, it's always situations like flying around on a continent I just loaded in on, and I don't have an SSD (just a 7200RPM SATA3 HDD) so.. it's possible.

12GB of paging with 8GB RAM is dumb as hell.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

hailthefish posted:

That could very well be it. When I have it the worst and don't crash, it's always situations like flying around on a continent I just loaded in on, and I don't have an SSD (just a 7200RPM SATA3 HDD) so.. it's possible.

12GB of paging with 8GB RAM is dumb as hell.

Yeah, I'd bet that's exactly what it is. Most of it is probably paging to a slow drive or reading game resources from a slow drive.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I run PS2 from an SSD myself. It could be processor issues though. I'm using an old first gen i7. I haven't had issues with processor limitations in other games, but PS2 is notoriously poorly optimized.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Sometimes I just don't want to put the effort into certmaking and dust off the airhammer.

Both galaxy deaths occurred while whaling, of course.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I too did some Air Hammering this morning:

gently caress this gun is hilariously fun. I think I got 6 Dominations with it?

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
For the second time in about ten days I gotten a write error during an update, only fix I've found is to verify file integrity in Steam, servers were offline from the patch after the re-download of corrupt files so I still haven't gotten to experience the horrors of seed collecting. From what others have posted I think I'll go out hunting other people and if I happen to find a pumpkin all the better. To that end I'm sad that I couldn't get on to pick up the Harasser walker today because hunting Liberators from one is a blast.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Horizontal Tree posted:

I too did some Air Hammering this morning:

gently caress this gun is hilariously fun. I think I got 6 Dominations with it?

Airhammer is a lot of fun. If anybody wants to try it I've got a fully certed AH Reaver they can take for a spin.

I still think the mag size should be a little bit larger but eh, what we've got right now is probably the best we're going to get and I'm perfectly fine with that. The Banshee is strictly better of course but the TR are also dumb and the NC almost always have absolute air supremacy so the AH ends up being more fun anyway

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The TR don't realize how good they have it with the banshee. I'm sure I've seen a thread on the official forums that was titled "How about a better weapon then the banshee" or something like that. TR don't know poo poo.

Just imagine, they're going to get something like that to replace the fury.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Leal posted:

The TR don't realize how good they have it with the banshee. I'm sure I've seen a thread on the official forums that was titled "How about a better weapon then the banshee" or something like that. TR don't know poo poo.

Just imagine, they're going to get something like that to replace the fury.

Pretty much this, and I'm super thankful. My first line of AA is always a burster MAX and Banshees just molest fatsuits. It's like how the Shredder would kill you before you even realized what was happening. The AH and PPA are more fun to use, I think, but nowhere near as actually POWERFUL because they require taking the ESF out of its element to really use well, albeit less so with the Airhammer because close is still less dangerous than stationary

Also a xpost because people seemed to enjoy the first Radio Free Auraxis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgqsPOxQNXg

No lie, that Banshee-H they're getting is going to make the old Marauder-H seem like a squirt gun. I don't even know the stats or anything, I just know deep in my black and midnight heart that there is no other way this could end up.

The Fracture vehicle secondary will be rough stuff too except I think we're safe here, because for whatever reason something about a lot of red and goggles drives people to use the things for AI even when there's lots of vehicles around :shrug:

v v v Vulcan Harassers and AP/Saron Magriders are legit the only things I fear in my Vanguard. Vulcan also rips the poo poo up out of low flying air, but if you ask the TR it's poo poo now because it got "nerfed" so that it only 1/2 clips an ESF now instead of 1/4 clipping it v v v

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 4, 2014

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Speaking of things that will be loving absurd about TR Harassers, the Vulcan-H is actually pretty scary. I guess it'll be going away in favor of the loving Ground Banshee, which is probably a better but less funny trade.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Epic High Five posted:

Vulcan Harassers and AP/Saron Magriders are legit the only things I fear in my Vanguard. Vulcan also rips the poo poo up out of low flying air, but if you ask the TR it's poo poo now because it got "nerfed" so that it only 1/2 clips an ESF now instead of 1/4 clipping it

I haven't gotten the Vulcan lead down very well when fighting air. I have way too much time spent using a Walker and for the first two or three clips tend to lead my Vulcan the same way and wonder why I'm not hitting anything. Or it could just be crappy hit detection, so hard to tell these days.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

NC Connery, completely forgetting how the lattice works. I wish this was rare. Yes, those Sunderers are deployed. They deployed a third just after I took this.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

Forumside posted:

assult rifle:
the tr not only start with close to 30 m weapon but also has no special traits or any
adaptive traits for new players before they buy new weapon that has special role and is immediately beaten by other cqc weapons that tr has rather than being something agun that has something going on for it it doesn t have any and cause tr arsenal to many medic weapons trying to fill the same role and its s variant so tr end up with trv t1 tar t1s favouring fast firing torq only one with fast reload but shouldn t average in 40 50 m encounters because it has same killing ttk as other factions because of law damage in range and saber being best long range weapon but also burst fire only causing people to hate it and switching from tr to vs for example cause people to feel like they have aimbot on

pistols :
vs wins this by having beamer and other vs pistols while other pistols aim to be emergancy mode vs weapons aim to be accurate but less lethal having no burst nor damge wise for pistols use and because pistols damage drop yeah have fun using this accuracy advantage

:allears:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

BY TIMMY - AGE 6

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
also ZOE is still OP

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Klowns posted:

I haven't gotten the Vulcan lead down very well when fighting air. I have way too much time spent using a Walker and for the first two or three clips tend to lead my Vulcan the same way and wonder why I'm not hitting anything. Or it could just be crappy hit detection, so hard to tell these days.

It's almost certainly lead, it's a real issue with the Vulcan. Unless the air is low flying, you'll almost always be better served by locking down on a hill and using your main cannon

It's drat useful against big targets though. You may not get the kill but it will drop their health waaayyyyy faster than any skygod will tolerate. If you really want to get kills, bait ESFs into making a pass on you, then obliterate them nearly instantly once they get close

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

The Vulcan isn't really that impressive and you shouldn't be fearing one in an AP Vanguard. Vulcan hasn't been bullshit against air for a looong time, even before they nerfed Harassers they fixed its resistance against air. It might actually have better damage output than the Harasser Halberd now, hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

The best poo poo from this is 'and other VS pistols', thats right you cant name them cause their all poo poo.

Westy543 posted:

The Vulcan isn't really that impressive and you shouldn't be fearing one in an AP Vanguard. Vulcan hasn't been bullshit against air for a looong time, even before they nerfed Harassers they fixed its resistance against air. It might actually have better damage output than the Harasser Halberd now, hard to tell.

The vulcan is dangerous because of its DPS, the sauron/enforcer/halberd all hit you like a truck then reload but your already spinning to face the threat while the vulcan trades that truck hitting power for the ability to bring you near death so while your spinning around your HP's are dropping to dangerous levels and its to loving late.

• Locked thread