Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AmiYumi posted:

Christ, this thread. Once again I am very, very glad none of you are anywhere near this show's writing room.

gently caress, just pretend I emptyquoted this forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

AmiYumi posted:

Christ, this thread. Once again I am very, very glad none of you are anywhere near this show's writing room.

I was glad that you weren't in this thread. The writers are good but are committing George Lucas and Ken Levine level mistakes.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Error 404 posted:

I thought the one with the broken horn was Lefty, the Bison that Kai and Opal were riding in this episode.
Naw. Lefty was the baby one Kai befriended three years ago when the airbenders rescued him from the bison eaters.

...Who probably ate Korra's bison.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Lin can already do that, we've seen her do it repeatedly. At least once a season, I want to say. If anything's going to come into play against Kuvira it's going to be Korra's ability to Metalbend, not another new power.

Have we seen her do it as well as Toph could, though? Toph could just kick up dust and leave everyone else blind or fight in total darkness. I don't think we've seen Lin do anything like that on the fly. I do remember her slamming her fot on the ground to find a hidden tunnel in the first season though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Kuvira's eyebrows reminded me of another fascist cartoon villain, so I drew something...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
What's with it with big eyebrows and authoritative types?

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Alright, I hate to be that guy, but I have to ask...

Does anyone think that Sokka is Suyin's dad now? I mean that guy Kuriva is engaged to (Suyin's son) looks exactly like him.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

achillesforever6 posted:

What's with it with big eyebrows and authoritative types?

I think it draws attention to the always evil scowl of deep reflection or possibly the consuming terribleness of a driving purpose.

Ps. Require screenshot to test your supposition.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Sithsaber posted:

I was glad that you weren't in this thread. The writers are good but are committing George Lucas and Ken Levine level mistakes.

MrAristocrates posted:

gently caress, just pretend I emptyquoted this forever.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Okay?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Does anyone think that Sokka is Suyin's dad now? I mean that guy Kuriva is engaged to (Suyin's son) looks exactly like him.

e: Misread. But Sokka is totally Suyin's dad and the reason he's dead is because Suki killed him :v:

Kazy fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 4, 2014

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Suyin's son looks like her husband. You know, his dad.

i hate meatloaf
May 23, 2010

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Lin can already do that, we've seen her do it repeatedly. At least once a season, I want to say. If anything's going to come into play against Kuvira it's going to be Korra's ability to Metalbend, not another new power.

Nah man, best way to beat a metalbender wearing metal armor is lightning. Iroh said lightning bending is all about inner balance, so it fits the season. :colbert:

Ok I really just want old Azula to show up and teach Korra lightningbending while being a jackass alright.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

i hate meatloaf posted:

Nah man, best way to beat a metalbender wearing metal armor is lightning. Iroh said lightning bending is all about inner balance, so it fits the season. :colbert:

Ok I really just want old Azula to show up and teach Korra lightningbending while being a jackass alright.

After last season, Grey de Lisle is free.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

i hate meatloaf posted:

Just pretend I emptyquoted this forever.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Kuvira is shaping up to be another pretty cool villain. Wu is annoying as hell though, and hopefully he gets removed from the picture.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

VaultAggie posted:

Kuvira is shaping up to be another pretty cool villain. Wu is annoying as hell though, and hopefully he gets removed from the picture.

In a stunning twist, Kuvira will realize what she's doing and team up with Team Avatar to combat Wu, who goes from an stuck-up noble to a purely evil despot.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Kuvira's eyebrows reminded me of another fascist cartoon villain, so I drew something...

:stare: I'll never be able to watch Kuvira again without being reminded of KLK.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

hiddenriverninja posted:

I look forward to Mako just being exasperated about everything over the next two months.

Buy the game, it comes out October 21. :(

I can't refresh this page any harder, tell them to start selling it so I can buy it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

VaultAggie posted:

Really? A paint by numbers militarist general looking to seize control in a lawless region by controlling the bandits?

There's nothing cool about it unless there is some complex plan going on in the background, and every season of Korra so far has proved that there isn't. Clearly evil person acts somewhat benevolent, then becomes cartoonishly evil at a certain point.

They could surprise us and have Kuvira take over a majority of the Earth kingdom, create a highly effective and regulated police state that the other nations don't like and create a world wide political conflict, but I doubt it. Korra's going to go through her hero's journey to recover her confidence, Kuvira is going to become military dictator and attack the other nations, and Korra will stop her.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Actually thinks that Borderlands 2 is well written.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
this show is a worse DBZ to the original series being a better dragon ball

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh great, we're taking about KLK now. Let me go shoot myself.

codeorange
Jul 11, 2012

Rexides posted:

This makes Mako and Korra's inevitable romance that much more funny.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

codeorange posted:

This makes Mako and Korra's inevitable romance that much more funny.

OH MY GOD STOP

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
You could also stop.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

RottenK posted:

Actually thinks that Borderlands 2 is well written.

you mean you don't?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

MrAristocrates posted:

OH MY GOD STOP

You're right, we should focus on WuSami.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

codeorange posted:

This makes Milo and Korra's inevitable romance that much more funny.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rexides posted:

I keep expecting to see a sword held like a cane out in front of her.

EDIT:

But Kuvira really does have the most amazing eyebrows. They're fantastic! :allears:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 4, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

MrAristocrates posted:

Oh great, we're taking about KLK now. Let me go shoot myself.

don't worry, it will be on toonami soon enough, then we can talk about it some more

:getin:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

icantfindaname posted:

don't worry, it will be on toonami soon enough, then we can talk about it some more

:getin:

i hate you

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I also really liked Kuvira's metalbending style. It looks really hard and precise, perfect for a metalbender. Actually it kind of reminded me of Toph's style of earthbending, with the hands held out like that.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

You shouldn't have come to a anime thread if you didn't want to read aboutanime.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Ngl, since last season I've been wondering if one of Toph's kids was Sokka's.

Also, gently caress anyone who hates the winged suits. The gliders were an even bigger weakness because they were an external apparatus. How many times did we see an airbender fumble for his staff (particularly Aang)? Sure, we saw in this episode that the suits have their weakness too, but they are simply a better choice and fit in with the modern Air nation.

That said, the contrast of Tenzin in his traditional robes next to all his kids in the new suits. :unsmith: Very end of an era.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Serella posted:

Ngl, since last season I've been wondering if one of Toph's kids was Sokka's.

Also, gently caress anyone who hates the winged suits. The gliders were an even bigger weakness because they were an external apparatus. How many times did we see an airbender fumble for his staff (particularly Aang)? Sure, we saw in this episode that the suits have their weakness too, but they are simply a better choice and fit in with the modern Air nation.

That said, the contrast of Tenzin in his traditional robes next to all his kids in the new suits. :unsmith: Very end of an era.

They could have had both but still should have relied on the staff for offensive and defensive capabilities. (Shotgun staff was real badass) Wingsuit alone only makes sense if there's a shortage of bisons.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm probably going to disappoint myself but I'm actually hoping that Wu turns out to be more keen then he lets on. Mako is a capable investigator and honourable to a fault, he's absolutely the best person for Wu to trust in protecting his life and providing him with decent advice and knows the Avatar.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Why the hell would you name the thread what you did if you actually cared about it?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Why the hell would you name the thread what you did if you actually cared about it?

This is a much deeper issue than Korra. You have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

DrSunshine posted:

I also really liked Kuvira's metalbending style. It looks really hard and precise, perfect for a metalbender. Actually it kind of reminded me of Toph's style of earthbending, with the hands held out like that.
I was reminded of the Dai Li from last season. Just with metal straps instead of stone claws.

• Locked thread