Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

How public PartisanGirl has made herself out in various claims, the idea that Brown Moses is singlehandedly doxxing her (as if that's an issue as she uses her academic career as legitimacy) is well, yeah.

Its apparently quite the common meme in off-forum sites. I met up with a friend who went from FYAD to LF to Rizzorwone or whatever and heard an actual ramble about how Brown Moses is a CIA agent who does the bidding of USG and has been spying on leftist organizations and how LEOs troll FYAD to set up 'honeypots' and that Brown Moses is using you for [nefarious government false flag purpose].

I've been worried about his growing paranoia for years, and finally seen he has had a full-fledged psychotic break. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

The more I think about Kobane the less I understand the ISIS strategy. My understanding is that it is of importance logistically and I am sure it would be a boon to recruiting to take a large city despite air strikes. But holding a large city empty of inhabitants with the Turkish army and irregular Kurdish groups just across the border possibly staging raids, etc. seems like it would be difficult even if they don't lose large numbers in taking it in the first place. As long as the Kurdish groups have a safe haven in Turkey that ISIS doesn't feel like it can attack without triggering entry of the Turks into the fight I don't see how they can hold the ground.

Despite the name, ISIS/IS' behavior is highly inconsistent with a group that wants to establish a state insofar as the word "state" carries any kind of meaning, but very very consistent with creating as much goddamned instability as possible in a very central region of the world.

I've said it before ITT but it bears repeating: The likely outcome of all this mess (unless the US directly or by proxy straight-up goes to bat for Assad to preserve the regime) will be a sweep of devastated, starving, traumatized, fractured ungovernable mess between Turkey, Israel, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, with those four parties all needing to work together to contain it. Take a minute to consider any two of those four working together on anything at all. Or, say, American attempts to broker dialogue between them.

As a new political entity attempting to establish a lasting presence they're rank failures, but as aspirant suicide bombers of the postcolonial political order they're wildly successful.

Dilkington posted:

I've only seen the first episode you poo poo!

You can't really "spoil" the plot to Twin Peaks unless you watch Fire Walk With Me first. Luckily you shouldn't do that ever for any reason, so you're on the right track!

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I think they must be confusing the situation. Dan Kaszeta contacted her university with concerns after she started getting copied into his and Ted Postol's discussions on the use of hexamine in the Sarin used on August 21st. I've found any time anyone has tried to attack me and Dan over our work using Partisan Girl's and Ted Postol's work they seem unable to tell me what the work actually says. They just nod their head along to anything that makes Assad look innocent.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
How about stop watching the sexist shitfest that is Twin Peaks

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I will never not get a kick out of reading "Fallujah, the fire in my heart." on Partisan Girl's Twitter account. The first major city in Iraq to be overrun by ISIS.

When the US blew it up in 2005 we were literally fighting the exact same organization except it didn't have "al-Sham" at the end of its name.

EDIT: Partisan Girl is now branching out into professional generalized conspiracy mongering. Here she is with her latest video "Is Ebola a Biological Weapon?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgF9w6FI1HQ

Sergg fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 4, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Sergg posted:

I will never not get a kick out of reading "Fallujah, the fire in my heart." on Partisan Girl's Twitter account. The first major city in Iraq to be overrun by ISIS.

When the US blew it up in 2005 we were literally fighting the exact same organization except it didn't have "al-Sham" at the end of its name.

Yeah, uh, that's certainly one extremely simplified way to characterize it. We blew the poo poo out of that city and god knows how many civilians, and certainly radicalized a fuckload of them with the war crime that went on there. I'm sure there were bad people there too, but :lol: if you think the siege of Fallujah was anywhere near discriminate enough to meaningfully target them.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

wheez the roux posted:

Yeah, uh, that's certainly one extremely simplified way to characterize it. We blew the poo poo out of that city and god knows how many civilians, and certainly radicalized a fuckload of them with the war crime that went on there. I'm sure there were bad people there too, but :lol: if you think the siege of Fallujah was anywhere near discriminate enough to meaningfully target them.

800 civilians according to the Red Cross.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Tear gas right now on live feed of the Turkish side of the Kobane border against just a couple of Kurds standing around. Maybe its pre-recorded, I dunno.

I guess they are throwing rocks, just saw a soldier get bloodied. They are throwing/shooting tear gas everywhere now.

And definitely on a loop.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 4, 2014

BUTT PIPE
Oct 11, 2012

England Sucks posted:

How about stop watching the sexist shitfest that is Twin Peaks

What ideologically-approved shows are acceptable to watch, then? Christ.

Are you always 'on'?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Maybe he thinks the show is somehow connected to the family friendly restaurant.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Sergg posted:

EDIT: Partisan Girl is now branching out into professional generalized conspiracy mongering. Here she is with her latest video "Is Ebola a Biological Weapon?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgF9w6FI1HQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45H25Sc6fig
Holy poo poo, is she a goon?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Scary right? It's probably why so many morons buy every conspiratarded thing she says. "OMG A GRIL JUST LIEK ME! SO ENLIGHTENED!" :downs:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Watch her video "Why the NWO hates syria".

She probably believes that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a real historical document, she's really into that whole 'Jew world order' style of antisemitism.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ece_1412343575

Kobani Killdozer got wrecked :smith:

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Watch her video "Why the NWO hates syria".

She probably believes that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a real historical document, she's really into that whole 'Jew world order' style of antisemitism.
Americans should stop printing novus ordo seclorum everywhere.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Holy poo poo, why are their faces black?!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Kafka Esq. posted:

That's not what novus ordo seclorum means though.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Don't use facts in this discussion, sir. We are talking about conspiracy theorists.

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008
The Pakistani Taliban has declared allegiance to ISIS.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1136205

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Kafka Esq. posted:

I take the opposite position and say we should start just plastering conspiracy symbolism on all our stuff just to gently caress with infowars crew.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lawman 0 posted:

I take the opposite position and say we should start just plastering conspiracy symbolism on all our stuff just to gently caress with infowars crew.

It's hard to do more than we have already.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

MothraAttack posted:

Oh good! Because I was just thinking about how helpful it would be if this spilled into another country America was involved in.

Now that similar groups in Syria and Pakistan have recently pledged allegiance to ISIS, are we likely to see this snowball into a much worse situation?

XakEp
Dec 20, 2002
Amor est vitae essentia

Randarkman posted:

Holy poo poo, why are their faces black?!

Bodies that have been in the sun rotting do that. These people had been dead for a while before the video was shot.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

MothraAttack posted:

Well on the bright side this new competition bodes ill for Zawahiri's claim to be expanding Al Qaeda operations into India! :v:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
yep, it fits!

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: We tortured some folks > The Middle East: To Every Cloud, a Silver Lining Around a New Cloud

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Willie Tomg posted:

yep, it fits!

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: We tortured some folks > The Middle East: Watch Obama Start WWIII

I'm thinking Al-Shabab and its Sudanese/Kenyan affiliate networks may be next to declare for ISIS.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Kobani :(

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

"Tales of torture, mutilation and rape as Isis targets key town of Kobani
Turkey orders troops to border but refuses to intervene to repel brutal jihadist advance as refugees report atrocities"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/04/turkey-troops-isis-siege-kobani-refugees-rape-and-murder

Sergg fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 4, 2014

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Sergg posted:

Turkey orders troops to border but refuses to intervene to repel brutal jihadist advance as refugees report atrocities"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/04/turkey-troops-isis-siege-kobani-refugees-rape-and-murderd

Letting ISIS and YPG both bleed manpower before they invade and create a buffer zone?

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

MothraAttack posted:

This is pretty much the worst news I could've gotten today. I'm just gonna eat a handful of vicoden and watch a movie about Denzel Washington killing badguys.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Have you seen the Gamersgate thread on GBS? She's much saner than those goons.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

A Typical Goon posted:

Letting ISIS and YPG both bleed manpower before they invade and create a buffer zone?

Worse yet; maybe they're going to block a YPG retreat?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mans posted:

Have you seen the Gamersgate thread on GBS? She's much saner than those goons.

*Surfs on into GBS Gamersgate thread, reads a few posts, goes back to watching IS beheading videos to feel better about the world*

edit: at least Tezzor is posting there and not here.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 4, 2014

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Sergg posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/04/turkey-troops-isis-siege-kobani-refugees-rape-and-murderd

I'm getting a 404 from this link.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

The Protagonist posted:

I'm getting a 404 from this link.

Danke. Had a small typo. I edited and fixed the original link. Here it is again for your convenience: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/04/turkey-troops-isis-siege-kobani-refugees-rape-and-murder

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

BUTT PIPE posted:

What ideologically-approved shows are acceptable to watch, then? Christ.

Are you always 'on'?

Anything not by David Lynch whose films entirely focus around the message that all women are sluts and evil and deserve to get tortured, maimed, and killed? He is often recognized as one of the most sexist film Directors out there.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

XakEp posted:

Bodies that have been in the sun rotting do that. These people had been dead for a while before the video was shot.

I was thinking it may have been an explosion given the missing fingers but those could have been souvenirs.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I was thinking it may have been an explosion given the missing fingers but those could have been souvenirs.

While some of the corpses were obviously blast damaged, the discolouration pattern of the skin is similar on all of them. I think it's to do with the thinner flesh on the face pretty much cooking off/starting to mummify in the heat faster than the thicker parts, and the abundance of flies on/around some of the bodies makes me think they aren't exactly fresh- which could be backed up by the (presumably) Daesh dudes strolling around nonchalantly, this wasn't an active battlefield.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DesperateDan posted:

While some of the corpses were obviously blast damaged, the discolouration pattern of the skin is similar on all of them. I think it's to do with the thinner flesh on the face pretty much cooking off/starting to mummify in the heat faster than the thicker parts, and the abundance of flies on/around some of the bodies makes me think they aren't exactly fresh- which could be backed up by the (presumably) Daesh dudes strolling around nonchalantly, this wasn't an active battlefield.

The first dude was so full of gas, the buttons were bursting off his shirt. They'd been there a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

England Sucks posted:

Anything not by David Lynch whose films entirely focus around the message that all women are sluts and evil and deserve to get tortured, maimed, and killed? He is often recognized as one of the most sexist film Directors out there.

Well yeah but what does this have to do with the middle east

re: blackface corpses, this link has an explanation: http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/the-rate-of-decay-in-a-corpse.html

Basically the decay becomes visible in places with lots of blood vessels near the skin first.

• Locked thread