Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So he's a reverse Diaz then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

SirSamVimes posted:

The thing I love most about this comic is just how much Gobotula seems to enjoy doing it. His responses indicate he doesn't think it's that good, he doesn't really have any ego about it, he's just so enthusiastic.

Yeah, the little notes in the books that have had bonus art drawn in them really get that vibe across - he always seems so pleased that someone bought his book and wants extra art.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Mordja posted:

So he's a reverse Diaz then?

In that he takes a one month hiatus and works on comics the rest of the year, yes.

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

just gently caress diaz or smth

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
sry nobody gets to gently caress diaz yet, thats a stretch goal

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

we can discuss aboot loving diaz in thre thread you know. the thread

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Let's talk about NEW FAN ART:

... I don't hate it. I chuckled. SEEN BETTER.

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

i dont like the "non canon" stuff. its fanart we know its not canon but why do you need to point it and uh i guess harm your fan

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

Literally Kermit posted:

Let's talk about NEW FAN ART:

... I don't hate it. I chuckled. SEEN BETTER.

its bad. also tumblr nose and she broke her hand i guess

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Ratchu posted:

i dont like the "non canon" stuff. its fanart we know its not canon but why do you need to point it and uh i guess harm your fan
Hi there! Yeah I took the "NON-CANON" off Zach Dewd's guest comic title. You're right, it doesn't really need it. I added that "NON-CANON" part to the title just now for a few minutes because I was in the process of uploading another guest comic that I felt needs the "NON-CANON" part in its title (it's a really awesome 3-parter by Luck Punch, the guy that did the Mark guest comic a while ago. In this new comic he's also going to areas I haven't yet explored in the story.)

I don't mean any disrespect to the artists by pointing out that their guest comics are non-canon. The truth is I was only trying to avoid confusion. When the "Mark in Hell" guest comics came out, there were quite a few people who thought that was a part of the "main story." That *MAY* be partially my fault because an artist asked me to write a Katie comic for them to draw and I did and I pointed out that one as "canon."

I'm open to suggestions on how to point out "guest comics aren't canon unless I write them myself." It may not even be something that absolutely needs pointing out; maybe I'm just being a weirdo. I really don't want to seem like a jerk!

Anyway, guys, I really appreciate your guys' love for IT HURTS. It's a hell of a lot of fun to do and it makes me happy to see people enjoy it.

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

Nov 7, 2005

whut the actual gently caress

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Oh hey, I guess the duder made an account to post here-

Ratchu posted:

Nov 7, 2005

........This explains alot, actually

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Holy poo poo, my mind is blown.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Gobolatula was always here in our hearts.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Ratchu posted:

Nov 7, 2005

Holy poo poo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
:eyepop:

The webcomics are coming from inside the thread!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Did you find us in the general webcomics thread first?

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Ratchu posted:

Nov 7, 2005

:pusheen:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Well, slap my balls and call me Margaret. That's a plot twist I didn't expect.

Gobolatula, you are cool.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ratchu posted:

Nov 7, 2005

:psyboom:

PS: Thank you for the cool drawing Gob

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Okay now let's try and handle this better than Lazerbot folks

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Okay now let's try and handle this better than Lazerbot folks

this. please. this

p.s. gently caress lazerbot and his horrible webcomic

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Hello sir, thank you for making an enjoyable comic that has brought much mirth into my daily life.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Hello sir, thank you for making an enjoyable comic that has brought much mirth into my daily life.

same

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

This should be empty quoted every page. Seriously, you've got a hell of a comic on your hands. Keep up the good work!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Gobolatula posted:

I'm open to suggestions on how to point out "guest comics aren't canon unless I write them myself." It may not even be something that absolutely needs pointing out; maybe I'm just being a weirdo. I really don't want to seem like a jerk!

Well, maybe, instead of tagging the non-canon ones as [NON CANON] in the title, you could mark the canon ones as [CANON]. That'll imply the others are non-canon without insisting upon it.

Not that the canonicity of the toast comic seems to be extremely important to the overall story anyway?

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Well, maybe, instead of tagging the non-canon ones as [NON CANON] in the title, you could mark the canon ones as [CANON]. That'll imply the others are non-canon without insisting upon it.

dude people can move past it, and heal...

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
OH hey, wow, guys, 19 new replies? Is the comic out of hia:tviv:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cat Mattress posted:

Not that the canonicity of the toast comic seems to be extremely important to the overall story anyway?
Yeah personally I assume any guest comic is non-canon, so tagging them as [GUEST COMIC] with an optional [CANON] if they're canon might be reasonable.

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

and im talkin about move past my litte nitpic, and heal some butt hurting...

p.s. sorry i mean this as a joke. don't want to hurt you again.

p.p.s. no really sorry

p.p.p.s. author ansered me so shut up everyone about this issue

Ratchu fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 5, 2014

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Ratchu posted:

and im talkin about move past my litte nitpic, and heal some butt hurting...

p.s. sorry i mean this as a joke. don't want to hurt you again.

p.p.s. no really sorry

p.p.p.s. author ansered me so shut up everyone about this issue

Maybe you making criticisms is what summons Gobolatula to this mortal plane. MAYBE YOU ARE SOME KIND OF CRITIC WIZARD

Where does 'Gobolatula' come from, anyway? I always think of Gobo from Fraggle Rock.

vvv Edit: same

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

What he said

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

Literally Kermit posted:

Maybe you making criticisms is what summons Gobolatula to this mortal plane. MAYBE YOU ARE SOME KIND OF CRITIC WIZARD

welp. i now feel leik i am

mooncity
Feb 15, 2014

You're so wet Cyntia. I cannot possibly describe how wet you are.
:stare:

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Your comic is awesome and you are awesome.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Elysiume posted:

Did you find us in the general webcomics thread first?
I did, yeah! My best friend / editor pointed it out to me a while ago along with this thread. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for me to pop in here and say hi and stuff, but anyway... HI! Please don't mind me.

Araenna posted:

Your comic is awesome and you are awesome.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Paladinus posted:

Gobolatula, you are cool.
Thank you so much!!!

Literally Kermit posted:

Where does 'Gobolatula' come from, anyway? I always think of Gobo from Fraggle Rock.
Nah I just didn't want people to get the wrong idea and think I was trying to be mean to my fans or something.

"Gobolatula" is a word my old buddy came up with around '99 or so. He was half-asleep and some Usher song was playing on MTV or something and he said, "This song sounds like... gobolatula." He was trying to express his disgust with it. He said "gobolatula" as if he smelled something awful. I laughed very hard and that afternoon I made it my AOL screen name.

Cat Mattress posted:

That's a really good idea! I think I'll do this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I imagine what he was smelling was AOL.

Easy mistake to make, I know

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

:kimchi:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Well, HOLY poo poo. :vince:

Your comic kicks rear end gobolatula but you need to get your rear end back to WORK! :colbert: No days off for good behavior. Your public awaits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Whenever you abbreviate your name out as "Gob", I can't help but imagine you as a Fallout 3 ghoul since that's the name of the (likely) first one you come across. "You wanna read my webcomic, smoothskin?"

What's Pasqualo's favorite anime?

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 5, 2014

• Locked thread