Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

EDIT: Also yeah Jericho with Hornswoggle was great, but I'm not wanting to see Origins now. It's not cheesy? Why bother? Leprechaun was good because it was a goofy cheesy movie with ridiculous over the top comedy deaths.

The poster is really all the confirmation you need to know which way they'll go. I mean, it'll probably be cheesy regardless since it'd take a David Cronenberg to make that premise not cheesy, and they don't have him. I'll probably watch it just to fill a spot in my October Challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
New Pisscast posted to cure my depression!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

njsykora posted:

The funniest thing here is you think anyone proofreads the Observer before Dave posts it.

vinny supposedly does but i would bet that all it amounts to is running a spellcheck

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cardboard Box posted:

vinny supposedly does but i would bet that all it amounts to is running a spellcheck
I was a copy editor for my college newspaper, and the tricky part is that in long paragraphs, most people don't read every word of every sentence. We catch key words and fill in the rest, so when you edit, you have to actively read every word. It's a huge loving newsletter and mistakes happen.

It's also all done in one go, which is a nightmare. Our deadline day was Tuesday and we went to press on Thursday, but only two writers ever got their stories in on time, and they were the only ones whose articles would always be completely edited, because I got to approach them with fresh eyes three days in a row. Everybody who got their stuff in late, the results were worse. And even after a crew of ten people on press nights read every article multiple times and we corrected it, there would still be errors.

So I try to be forgiving with a guy who's always on deadline and has a copy editing crew of one.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That's all well and good but when you post a one paragraph news bit on a website that has a mistake in every sentence that could have been easily corrected had he read it even once after he wrote it then it's time to stop being lazy about your writing

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oh, the daily updates are inexcusable. I agree.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

my favorite is when the polls have typos.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Big Dave posted:

A trailer for a Lucha Libre based horror film called El Gigante. I think I saw that one live about 20 years ago

Tee hee.

Also, no period in the article.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Oatgan: a fuckin weird name.
-"Machinegun" Karl Anderson

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

no YOURE stupid, Karl. You didn't even tell me which Fabulous One you are!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That's all well and good but when you post a one paragraph news bit on a website that has a mistake in every sentence that could have been easily corrected had he read it even once after he wrote it then it's time to stop being lazy about your writing

Wait are we talking about Russo's site?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Latest Talking Shop has Cheerleader Melissa correctly noting that Rick Martel ruled.

It then has Rocky Romero saying that Tito Santana wasn't that good :stare:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Daniel Bryan posted:

If you bought a physical edition, you can email ECW Press to get a digital version too. Check one of the back few pages for the details.

Thanks for pointing this out. Precious packing space on my vacation has been saved!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

Latest Talking Shop has Cheerleader Melissa correctly noting that Rick Martel ruled.

"He had some fire."

This episode needed Doc Gallows to drunkenly point out that Rocky was being an idiot.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jerusalem posted:

he wasn't

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dsriggs posted:

he wasn't

Yeah.

He was great :mad:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah.

He was great :mad:

He WAS great at not being very good

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

arriba man sucked

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dsriggs posted:

He WAS great at not being very good

He WAS great at not being very good... at sucking!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I'm sorry, Jerusalem, but Strike Force aren't getting back together, OK?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Tito Santino owned. I remember he got to team with Warrior and Hogan at Survivor Series and they wouldn't team with a loser so

Seriously though, Tito wasn't bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

:negative:

But who will end Demolition's reign of terror? The Powers of Pain? Now who is being naive? :mad:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jerusalem posted:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Gaz-L posted:

Ha, jokes on you they now work together on indie dates, with Martel working as Tito's manager.

See there are happy endings in wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

Ha, jokes on you they now work together on indie dates, with Martel working as Tito's manager.

They made up.... :unsmith:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Do they pick up girls in cars?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

New AEPodcast: Hardcore Championship Special!

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
If OSW review taught me anything, it's that Tito Santana was one of the most boring people in the WWF/E in the past 30 years.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Quite enjoyed the Undertaker burial

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I vaguely remember seeing someone post on Twitter about the WoN Hall of Fame for this year, isn't it too early for those names to be out?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

I vaguely remember seeing someone post on Twitter about the WoN Hall of Fame for this year, isn't it too early for those names to be out?

Votes haven't even been counted yet.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What's the deal with Jerry Jarrett? There's a reason he's not in, is it because of TNA or because he didn't pay very well so no one will vote for him or what?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

LordPants posted:

What's the deal with Jerry Jarrett? There's a reason he's not in, is it because of TNA or because he didn't pay very well so no one will vote for him or what?

The pay tanks him with former and some current wrestlers. Most historians don't consider TNA as much as a detriment in his case.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The payoffs really hurt. I don't think Dave is just speculating. The 1996 picks arguably weaken the cases for their contemporaries. If people were actively lobbying for Lawler, they would also be talking up Jerry Jarrett and Jimmy Hart.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Memphis Heat is a great doco and everyone should watch it, but there's something about Jerry going "the other promoters, they were crooks"

*Jerry sits in a plush chair in a fancy house*

*All his talent look like they couldn't rub two dimes together*

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

LordPants posted:

Memphis Heat is a great doco and everyone should watch it, but there's something about Jerry going "the other promoters, they were crooks"

I read Jerry Lawler bought a house in Memphis for Jimmy Valiant so he wouldn't run off to Jim Crockett Promotions. It didn't work, he left anyway and just dropped the keys off in Jerry's mailbox.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LordPants posted:

In fairness, he's had a sweet gig with wwe for years and doesn't put 90% of his earnings up his nose.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jerry was also successful in construction which is part of the reason he has such a nice house. Most of the outdoor footage in Memphis music videos was shot at said house.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

New Austin show is basically Road Rage Radio but with more emoji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I listened to the AE podcast where they review Rumble 1999. Just hearing the Rock/Foley chairshots without seeing them is pretty sickening.

• Locked thread