Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Dan would be happier if he cooked. It's one of those skills that take you from "confused baby who hates his weight" to "person in control of his life".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Golden Bee posted:

Dan would be happier if he cooked. It's one of those skills that take you from "confused baby who hates his weight" to "person in control of his life".

But Baby needs his bottle (of vodka).

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Chronicles posted:

holy poo poo was Dino annoying

I expected far worse and was pleasantly surprised.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Yeah I don't know what you guys are talking about, Dino is a perfect fit for Dan because they don't put up with each other's bullshit, and aren't the employee of the other.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dino was atrocious during D&D but he was alright the rest of the episode.

I'm looking forward to Saturday night's podcast in Toronto. Bobcat as the comptroller will be good. Erin won't be there. I am crossing my fingers for a Sports Corner even though I know there won't be one without Jeff. It truly is the best segment.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
You mean continuously talking about how stupid everything is and interrupting people to make sound effects isn't helping? Although, his joke about character sheets looking like a tax form was funny. The first time.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

MY ABACUS! posted:

It's amazing to read this thread after the reading the Harmontown subreddit. It's like everyone over there is incapable of seeing a single flaw in Dan or anyone else on the podcast.

On the other hand, the hate in this thread has ratcheted up to 11 since I last posted here. Talking poo poo is the point of HT you nimkumpoops.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Golden Bee posted:

This is very true. Past a certain point in life anyone should be able to cook. It's not hard, and there's benefits beyond your own health.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
I was at the Seattle show and I'm pretty sure they edited out several of Dino's more abrasive moments.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I think this was the worst episode so far. Dino making GBS threads on everything and some guy made cutting boards as a bribe to get on mic forever and say nothing interesting. Cutting boards?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
If you really hated Dino in this episode then do I have some Community episode commentaries to recommend, let me tell you.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

MY ABACUS! posted:

I think this was the worst episode so far. Dino making GBS threads on everything and some guy made cutting boards as a bribe to get on mic forever and say nothing interesting. Cutting boards?

I don't think it was a bribe. Many times fans bring people gifts. If Jeff was going to be at the Toronto show, I would have made him some custom cufflinks.

http://imgur.com/gallery/lveYU This is a pretty sweet example of the kind of stuff that the guy would do.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

UnclePlasticBitch posted:

I was at the Seattle show and I'm pretty sure they edited out several of Dino's more abrasive moments.

The N word, mostly.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Brekelefuw posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/lveYU This is a pretty sweet example of the kind of stuff that the guy would do.

i'm sure there are great, gorgeous examples of homemade cutting boards, but that particular one is fugly. the ribbons make it look like some polly pocket poo poo.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002
Holy loving poo poo, Harmontown on Amazon Instant, iTunes, Google Play, etc. TODAY, and Rick and Morty S1 out on Tuesday. :butt::hf::marc:

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater
Urgh. Hate that it's only available to rent now, and purchase later. Don't want to pay twice for the same movie.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Doc Faustus posted:

Urgh. Hate that it's only available to rent now, and purchase later. Don't want to pay twice for the same movie.

If only the internet provided a solution to your problem..

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Irish Joe posted:

What's the solution? I don't get it. Please explain.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

The Berzerker posted:

The solution is buried under the sands of the island Tortuga.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

Doc Faustus posted:

I started writing a "So you don't buy DVDs of movies you see in the theater?" post, but yeah, I would have paid $20 today just to go ahead and have it. $7 is still cheaper than a ticket, though.

Irish Joe posted:

Why does this thread even exist

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Haven't they been touting hours of bonus footage? Wouldn't purchasers of the Amazon version miss out on all that?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

They're going to be showing the movie with the podcast tour right? Because I'm going to be at the nyc show and I hope they show it there.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

TontoCorazon posted:

They're going to be showing the movie with the podcast tour right? Because I'm going to be at the nyc show and I hope they show it there.

No, the screening in NYC is at a separate place and time. The screening is at 6 at the IFC Center and the podcast is at 9:30 at 92Y. I wanted to try going to both, but since the two locations are far away from each other, it would mean not eating between, so I settled on the podcast.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

No, the screening in NYC is at a separate place and time. The screening is at 6 at the IFC Center and the podcast is at 9:30 at 92Y. I wanted to try going to both, but since the two locations are far away from each other, it would mean not eating between, so I settled on the podcast.

Oh ok

I'm planning to see Harmontown at Comic-Con then go straight to 92y. It's going to be a day full of Dan Harmon. I guess I'll buy the movie when it's available.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Brocktoon posted:

You know there are like 10,000 hot dog stands and pizza shops between the IFC Center and 92Y.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
So the Toronto show was (or felt like) over 2.5 hours...

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

It was a little over 2 hours. It ended around 11:30 and started a bit after 9.

Canadian moon bombs, Lady in Red turned into Transgender Woman in Lavender, etc. I had a good time despite having to sit way near the back.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

It was a little over 2 hours. It ended around 11:30 and started a bit after 9.

Canadian moon bombs, Lady in Red turned into Transgender Woman in Lavender, etc. I had a good time despite having to sit way near the back.

Yes was fairly long but quite good. Lagged a bit around the 1:30 mark when Earthshine maker Jane pulled Dan into both Earthshine and Transgendered which meant Dan fumbled around until he found his point.

Also Bobcat was great as usual.

In importantish new to this thread.

1) Starting November 1st all episodes will be livestreamed

2) Starting January 1st you can subscribe to Harmontown. And 1) moves under this subscription. $5 a month or some discount for half/full year packages.
http://www.harmontown.com/subscribe/

Also some other strange benefits and not so strange benefits.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 5, 2014

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Do we get a podcast of this? Also, what the gently caress are you guys talking about: earthshine pulled into transgendered?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

Do we get a podcast of this? Also, what the gently caress are you guys talking about : earthshine pulled into transgendered?

Yes it'll be up on Monday as usual. It's just the Doc got scheduled for Saturday so they did the show as well.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Yeah the 40 minutes of transgender talk was boring, and D and D was bad, but the rest of the show was great. Bobcat is a great comptroller.

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
Movie was disappointing, not sure what I was expecting, but the story was so broad brushed that it didn't really open up into anything.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Just finished last weeks and holy poo poo Dino was great until D&D then just spiraled downhill into unfunny dickish hell. Dan telling him "you're doing what every jock ever has done" sounded like it completely took the wind out of Dino's sails and got him to go along with the ride a little bit.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Foma posted:

Movie was disappointing, not sure what I was expecting, but the story was so broad brushed that it didn't really open up into anything.

I agree with this assessment. Hopefully whatever bonus features show up on the physical release make it worthwhile.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Watchin harmontown docu - I want an entourage clone but with the focus being ari gold, and ari gold is actually replaced with jeff davis.

I'm still adjusting his voice to his face. They don't seem to match.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

KoRMaK posted:

I'm still adjusting his voice to his face. They don't seem to match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Aa8t8BU9Y

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

It has already hit the seedy underbelly of the internet where thieves roam and lonely young men find reasons to moan. Not that any of the upstanding members of this web destination would be interested in such a thing. I only know because I have a black friend and he told me.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I hope none of you were the guy wearing the leisure suit with a tall brown top hat.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Brekelefuw posted:

I hope none of you were the guy wearing the leisure suit with a tall brown top hat.

Oh man I was going to post this. I went to get another beer (they had just closed) and he was yelling at the bartenders because they wouldn't sell him any more beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Irish Joe posted:

You know there are like 10,000 hot dog stands and pizza shops between the IFC Center and 92Y.

If I'm going into NYC, I'd rather have a kickass meal than gulp down a lovely day old street hot dog.