Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU9mZJ8vmdA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

is the voiceover Danny from the mindy project y/n

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Bass Bottles posted:

is the voiceover Danny from the mindy project y/n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcNXe20dXI

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7jmrkgc_W4

The gently caress?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

"I love that you cannnn...run on walls annnd...become a titan" -an expert video game opinion haver

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Aaron Paul Plays Titanfall. I looked it up.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

CheeseFactory posted:

Not surprised. He's really into the scene.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah but he just waves a lightgun at the screen and pretends he's playing.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Anything funny happen?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Jamfrost posted:

Anything funny happen?

I am now Officially Excited for Sunset Overdrive: the hot new exclusive for the Xbox One: The All-In-One Entertainment System from Microsoft Corporation.

Otherwise no.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Jamfrost posted:

Anything funny happen?

Not since like 2013

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

drat, Plex for Xbone tomorrow (and 360 later on):

quote:

Plex today announced the release of Plex for both Xbox One and Xbox 360, its first TV app available on both Xbox gaming platforms, with an updated design that makes it easy to browse and enjoy personal media on the big-screen. The new design, which puts media artwork center stage, as well as incorporates new discovery features, will be brought to big-screen Plex apps in the future. Working with Microsoft, Plex for Xbox also supports Xbox native functionality like voice and gesture controls with Kinect.

“Plex for Xbox is an exciting milestone in our continued effort to help people enjoy their personal media, wherever they happen to keep it, on all of their screens.” says Scott Olechowski, Chief Product Officer and Plex Co-Founder. “It also happens to be the platform most requested by Plex enthusiasts, and we have worked hard to design an experience that will delight them and Xbox fans alike.”

Plex for Xbox One is available on Tuesday, October 7, to Plex Pass premium subscribers for free in the Apps store on Xbox Live. Plex for Xbox 360 will be available very soon. For those without a Plex Pass, Plex for Xbox One and Xbox 360 will be made available in the future for a one-time fee. Visit Plex.tv and read the Plex Blog to learn more about the new Plex apps for Xbox.

You need to be a Plex Pass subscriber to use it initially though, which is odd

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Jamfrost posted:

Anything funny happen?

The Xbox One is Very Large

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Jamfrost posted:

Anything funny happen?

Did you know they named the fourth PlayStation the PlayStation Four?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maneki Neko posted:

Also they just doubled costs for Plex Pass.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Maneki Neko posted:

That makes me think that the Xbone app lacks the ability to talk to a local Plex server like every other app they offer. Beyond requiring extra effort, I wonder if that's a MS requirement.

^^^^ I guess that answers that. It was clearly a business decision, and not a technical one. Great job, Plex!

RangerAce fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 6, 2014

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
So Plex loving sucks? Wunderbar.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Plex users won't pay for movies but they'll pay a subscription fee to see their pirated videos organized with the correct cover art.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Plex is trash and often unstable in my experience.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

T Bowl posted:

Plex is trash and often unstable in my experience.

My experience is the complete opposite, DISCUSS!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Wait, so you mean I have to keep a drawer full of batteries to watch my ill-begotten movies and TV shows? PASS

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
The Xbox One has sold over 100,000 systems in its first week on sale in China, according to Chinese news site 17173. It’s hard to compare that number with the PlayStation 4’s performance, or even past sales of older boxes, since the Xbox One is the first video game console to launch in China since a 2000 ban on them ended last year.

However, the Xbox One is already doing better in China than in Japan, where it hasn’t even sold 30,000 consoles after a month of availability.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/10/06/xbox-one-already-sold-more-in-china-than-in-japan/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jamfrost posted:

Anything funny happen?

Ubisoft intentionally gimping the PS4 version of AC Unity so both versions are the same.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_unity/news/assassins_creed_unity_is_900p_30fps_on_both_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Maneki Neko posted:

My experience is the complete opposite, DISCUSS!

I was using it on Arch Linux and through the phone app, may have been the issue?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

orangesampson posted:

The Xbox One has sold over 100,000 systems in its first week on sale in China, according to Chinese news site 17173. It’s hard to compare that number with the PlayStation 4’s performance, or even past sales of older boxes, since the Xbox One is the first video game console to launch in China since a 2000 ban on them ended last year.

However, the Xbox One is already doing better in China than in Japan, where it hasn’t even sold 30,000 consoles after a month of availability.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/10/06/xbox-one-already-sold-more-in-china-than-in-japan/

They were reporting 100k sold the day after launch, so this means no one cared past launch. welp.

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

univbee posted:

They were reporting 100k sold the day after launch, so this means no one cared past launch. welp.

I bet microsoft paid china to skew the numbers, like blackberry did once.

DEsperate?

Desperate!

Your turn.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

quote:

Assassin's Creed Unity will run at 900p/30fps on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Ubisoft has confirmed, with the publisher opting to aim for platform parity to avoid discussion over the differences in performance.

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff," senior producer Vincent Pontbriand told VideoGamer.com while explaining that it's the consoles' CPUs – not the GPU – that prevents Ubisoft Montreal from improving the game's performance.

"Technically we're CPU-bound," he said. "The GPUs are really powerful, obviously the graphics look pretty good, but it's the CPU [that] has to process the AI, the number of NPCs we have on screen, all these systems running in parallel.

"We were quickly bottlenecked by that and it was a bit frustrating, because we thought that this was going to be a tenfold improvement over everything AI-wise, and we realised it was going to be pretty hard. It's not the number of polygons that affect the framerate. We could be running at 100fps if it was just graphics, but because of AI, we're still limited to 30 frames per second."

quote:

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff"

quote:

We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Jamfrost posted:

Anything funny happen?

I hit my head on a low hanging branch

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

Plex users won't pay for movies but they'll pay a subscription fee to see their pirated videos organized with the correct cover art.

Can't you just set up Plex on your PC and run it through your browser? I do that on the WiiU all the time, and it's pretty nice. Granted, it can't use any of the system-specific features (gamepad only on WiiU, gestures and voice on the XBone), but it works quite nicely.

Edit: Spelling!

Natron fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 6, 2014

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I tried hitting localhost:32400 in the Xbone IE app, and it loaded an error page telling me the application could not load the content of the page (likely due to components that are not available in IE to begin with :ssh: ).
I was kinda looking forward to a Plex application, but not at the expense of a Plex Pass.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD

Welcome to the rest of this console generation! All 900p 30fps all the way for multiplats.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A shrubbery! posted:

Welcome to the rest of this console generation! All 900p 30fps all the way for multiplats.

competition is great

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Jake Blues posted:

I tried hitting localhost:32400 in the Xbone IE app, and it loaded an error page telling me the application could not load the content of the page (likely due to components that are not available in IE to begin with :ssh: ).
I was kinda looking forward to a Plex application, but not at the expense of a Plex Pass.

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/98276-isp-blocks-port-32400/

Port forwarding is so 1990s lets hard lock it.

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&time=16080&view=map

ohh

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

A shrubbery! posted:

The NeoGAF thread on this is getting 1,000 posts an hour, so good job on that, guys

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation
Xbox One: The "Console Gaming" of Consoles?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

fisheyel83l posted:

Xbox One: The "Console Gaming" of Consoles
New thread title.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

A shrubbery! posted:

good now it's proven that the xbox one and ps4 are equal and we can all go home. my sunset overdrive xbox one is going to be beautiful

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Max22 posted:

Multi-billion-euro French company uses the term 'and stuff' in a public-facing anything

:psyduck:

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Next thing you know they'll admit they have the same basic game design blueprint for everything they make now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

For quite a while now, I've wondered why Plex was so focused on Xbone and not, say, PS4 or WiiU.

Turns out the answer is that they're dipshits.

• Locked thread