Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Did you mistake this place for neogaf?

Impossible, even Neogaf is funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wheany posted:

The multiplayer in interlaced, it just uses filters to mask most of it.

It's not 1080i, it's 1080p. It is not an interlaced output and its internal shenanigans are pretty distinct from straight up interlacing. It doesn't use filters, it uses horizontal interlacing combined with a pretty boss interpolating algorithm to fill in the other lines so that it outputs a full 1080p image, rather than using filters to mask the interlacing. It owns and should be used in any game that can't hit full 1080p imo.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
So it's interlacing + a fancy filter

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

hanyolo posted:

Is every negative poster still stuck in 2013? The game has been completely free to play for ages now. If you want to make stuff yourself, that's where you need to shell out for the decals. They also have multiplayer, level linking and save states now I believe.

The game is still average af though! I wonder if people will actually review it, I'm expecting 5/10's

Hahaha they actually got rid of Spark Time, I'm impressed

Too bad it's on xbone and windows 8.1 only

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
of course they didnt announce project spark.

a) they got minecraft now and b) the market shares for 8.1 and xbone are pretty small so anyone who cares about it probably already knows/has it

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I just broke my fifth control, I have mentally stopped applying pressure to the joystick too trying to not let it happen. It still is playable but not 100% when this happens. I had to send the original from the console back to Microsoft over a week ago and have been to Walmart 4 times since after they keep breaking.

This is loving pathetic and makes me regret not buying a PS4, may have to sell this thing and make the switch at this point.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

T Bowl posted:

I just broke my fifth control, I have mentally stopped applying pressure to the joystick too trying to not let it happen. It still is playable but not 100% when this happens. I had to send the original from the console back to Microsoft over a week ago and have been to Walmart 4 times since after they keep breaking.

This is loving pathetic and makes me regret not buying a PS4, may have to sell this thing and make the switch at this point.

What, which part of the thing are you constantly breaking? The analogue sticks? How are you even doing that?

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 7, 2014

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

bluegoon posted:

What, which part of the thing are you constantly breaking? The analogue sticks? How are you even doing that?

The left stick always breaks. You can feel a screw/plastic inside every time (one time it didn't come loose but the controller still felt wobbly)

You can push down on the stick button portion of it, and it turns all wobbly and you can hear a clicking sound when you rotate the joystick. I think this is the issue, if you happen to press down while moving the stick it has a tendency to snap something inside and then be hosed up afterward.

My games of FIFA can be intense and precise movement is essential. Sometimes you need to jerk the stick one way very quickly and it's easy to be tense in those situations, I've felt it snap inside a couple of the times during games when I was really having to put in effort to match an opponent.

Never had a problem with the 360 in 8 years of playing FIFA.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 7, 2014

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

hanyolo posted:

Is every negative poster still stuck in 2013? The game has been completely free to play for ages now. If you want to make stuff yourself, that's where you need to shell out for the decals. They also have multiplayer, level linking and save states now I believe.

The game is still average af though! I wonder if people will actually review it, I'm expecting 5/10's

Nobody is disputing that it is a FTP game. That's exactly what we're saying it is. You can play it for free, and you can pay for premium content at extortionary rates.

We're also saying that Xbone is utter poo poo.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

T Bowl posted:

The left stick always breaks. You can feel a screw/plastic inside every time (one time it didn't come loose but the controller still felt wobbly)

You can push down on the stick button portion of it, and it turns all wobbly and you can hear a clicking sound when you rotate the joystick. I think this is the issue, if you happen to press down while moving the stick it has a tendency to snap something inside and then be hosed up afterward.

My games of FIFA can be intense and precise movement is essential. Sometimes you need to jerk the stick one way very quickly and it's easy to be tense in those situations, I've felt it snap inside a couple of the times during games when I was really having to put in effort to match an opponent.

Never had a problem with the 360 in 8 years of playing FIFA.

Might as well get the PS4 now, seems inevitable in your case. :)

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Doflamingo posted:

Might as well get the PS4 now, seems inevitable in your case. :)

I am wondering if I actually crack open the controller if I could fix it where it would be fine going forward, but I know doing that voids the warranty.. double edged sword.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

T Bowl posted:

I hadn't heard of xbone controller issues (though to be fair I avoid games forums like the plague, not sure what the gently caress I'm doing here oh god I've been sucked in please send help) but when googling it there were actually quite a few people who posted it complaining about their controller breaking after playing FIFA. Maybe Sepp Blatter owns shares in controller manufacturing plants.

On the other hand, it is possible you might have an untapped talent to become a world champion thumbwrestler.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Saladman posted:

I hadn't heard of xbone controller issues (though to be fair I avoid games forums like the plague, not sure what the gently caress I'm doing here oh god I've been sucked in please send help) but when googling it there were actually quite a few people who posted it complaining about their controller breaking after playing FIFA. Maybe Sepp Blatter owns shares in controller manufacturing plants.

On the other hand, it is possible you might have an untapped talent to become a world champion thumbwrestler.

Yeah...

there are a lot,

this for instance..

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/6030118-xbox-one-controller-build-quality

loving pathetic, people are bitching about minor resolution differences when the controller is fatally defective.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Yeah.... minor

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Most of the games will be in 1080p in the future for xbox, people need to stop whining about it.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

T Bowl posted:

Most of the games will be in 1080p in the future for xbox, people need to stop whining about it.

Just like the resolution and framerate increased and every game started using MSAA as the last gen went on, right? Hint: it's going to get a lot worse.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
guys the xbox is fine, dont worry about it!

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

T Bowl posted:

Yeah...

there are a lot,

this for instance..

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/6030118-xbox-one-controller-build-quality

loving pathetic, people are bitching about minor resolution differences when the controller is fatally defective.

Microsoft spent $100 million designing this controller.

One hundred million dollars.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Hello friends.

Ubisoft says that the final specs for AC:U are not locked down, so there might be a 1080p patch for PS4.

Also, it looks like Driveclub isn't reviewing as well as Forza Horizon 2.

Something for everyone today :)

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
gently caress sakes, I bought my ps4 for driveclub and now its a piece of poo poo. I'm pissed.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Rastor posted:

Microsoft spent $100 million designing this controller.

One hundred million dollars.

The design is great, it's the build quality that blows.

e: Also the build quality of the DualShock 4 isn't any better with its disintegrating analog sticks (my #2000~ controller has begun flaking like the #1000 line). Both consoles have lovely accesories this time out.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 7, 2014

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Soul Glo posted:

The design is great, it's the build quality that blows.

Exactly. You can feel how much more smooth and responsive the joysticks are when they actually work, problem is they are just so loving cheaply built.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Soul Glo posted:

e: Also the build quality of the DualShock 4 isn't any better with its disintegrating analog sticks (my #2000~ controller has begun flaking like the #1000 line). Both consoles have lovely accesories this time out.

Good too know... ugh.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Arzachel posted:

Just like the resolution and framerate increased and every game started using MSAA as the last gen went on, right? Hint: it's going to get a lot worse.

Dude have you looked a 2005 game and 2014 game from the same console. They got wayyyyy better.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Dude have you looked a 2005 game and 2014 game from the same console. They got wayyyyy better.

Man is it crazy that the last gen lasted so long.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4677/t/1753021.aspx

More people bitching about the joystick faulting, a guy claiming he has been through 15 controllers.. another claiming he sent it in for repair and it came back broken still and they told him he'd have to send it in again.

quote:

Check out the link below for the original locked thread. No where in any of the posts made by Misses Joust or anyone else from Microsoft do they cover anything to do with the left stick problems. All of the other issues they have answers for. But no where in the forums or in their troubleshooting paragraphs with bullet points will they acknowledge the fact that there is a severe issue with the controllers left stick. Microsoft or whoever makes the controller need to fix this issue with it's customer base a lot sooner than later. Acknowledge that there is a severe problem is how to start it off. There are even videos on YouTube showing the exact same problem that all of us are having. I myself in the locked thread below have pictures of how they ship it back to you without proper packaging on an already problematic controller. Not all that happy! I am and have been a loyal customer.

gently caress Microsoft.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The PS4 controller problem is a lot easier to deal with. It's just the rubber coating that comes off. The sticks don't actually break, and you can buy cheap little covers to replace them.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

T Bowl posted:

Exactly. You can feel how much more smooth and responsive the joysticks are when they actually work, problem is they are just so loving cheaply built.

I want video of you using an Xbone controller while this happens. I want to see the retard-strength death grip that you're using. But these other guys are right. The way you treat controllers, the DS4's rubber analog stick covering will slough right off.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bass Bottles posted:

The PS4 controller problem is a lot easier to deal with. It's just the rubber coating that comes off. The sticks don't actually break, and you can buy cheap little covers to replace them.

Having to buy extra stuff to make your controller not lovely means that your controller is lovely, hth

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Kinda, yeah. Though I joined the master race completely in 2011 or so. I tried to play Sleeping Dogs on my broheim's 360 after playing it tricked out on PC and it was a tough 7 minutes.

The toughest.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Rare presents Xbone Rattle 'n' Roll.

Why does it break? Does the stick base come loose?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Having to buy extra stuff to make your controller not lovely means that your controller is lovely, hth

Like buying AA batteries?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

RangerAce posted:

I want video of you using an Xbone controller while this happens. I want to see the retard-strength death grip that you're using. But these other guys are right. The way you treat controllers, the DS4's rubber analog stick covering will slough right off.

Wow you're a dickhead.

IT'S NOT ME YOU DOLT IT'S MICROSOFT.

How can I have a 360 controller for 8 years and it's fine but I bought an Xbox One on September 7th and I am on my 6th Xbox One controller.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

RangerAce posted:

The latest Fifa is pretty rage inducing

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

For FIFA players like T Bowl who will break whatever controller they touch, the PS4 controller will be a lot easier to deal with. Buying little rubber caps sounds better than mailing in broken controllers.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

DangerZoneDelux posted:

The latest Fifa is pretty rage inducing

I don't even get mad at the game, it literally just snaps from normal use and I don't think people here who don't play FIFA get how much you move the joystick rapidly with that game vs most others.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

T Bowl posted:

Wow you're a dickhead.

IT'S NOT ME YOU DOLT IT'S MICROSOFT.

How can I have a 360 controller for 8 years and it's fine but I bought an Xbox One on September 7th and I am on my 6th Xbox One controller.

Heh, sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were retarded or anything. I just want to know how you're using the controller. I've used Xbone controllers before and they didn't have this problem. Obviously you are doing something differently. That doesn't mean you are at fault. MS is at fault for making a lovely controller. At this point, I'm just curious what has turned you into an Xbone controller death dealer.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I'm to the point where I feel weird going into my local Walmart to replace it yet again. I purposely bought the extra controller there because I know how lax they are on their return policy and wouldn't be dicks about it like say.. Best Buy or somewhere could easily be.

I ended up paying $4 extra at Walmart too last time around for a 2 year replacement plan...

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

abagofcheetos posted:

But no, I didn't go nuts.

You're already nuts if your enjoyment of videogames relies on things not videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

RangerAce posted:

Heh, sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were retarded or anything. I just want to know how you're using the controller. I've used Xbone controllers before and they didn't have this problem. Obviously you are doing something differently. That doesn't mean you are at fault. MS is at fault for making a lovely controller. At this point, I'm just curious what has turned you into an Xbone controller death dealer.

Like I said after it happened this many times I started to figure out that it happens from quick cuts with the joystick rapidly in a 180 motion while pushing the L3 button portion of the joystick down. It seriously seems natural to push on it a bit while play a game like FIFA because again it can be a very intense game where you are really working your fingers.

• Locked thread